Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review of Korean Airlines

PattayaFanatic

Review of Korean Airlines

I booked my flight 4 and half months prior for September 12th returning September 29th Price all in including travel insurance was $925.00 SFO to BKK.The price was $100 cheaper a week earlier.I waited too long.

I arrived at SFO 2 hours preflight Check in was quick one bag checked 5 minutes.

No first bag fee.

The agent looked like Yoko Ono.TSA was efficient about 10 – 15 minute wait.

I tried to take photos but hadn’t mastered my camera,so none were gotten at SFO.

The service is impeccable no fat middle aged people here. Mostly slender attractive elegant ladies.I Couldn’t stop looking at them. I tried using my camera so much that a flight attendant insisted I stop taking pictures.

Food served was typical airline fare.It was adequate .I tried the Korean food on the return.They have instruction cards for preparation.It has a tube of chili paste to spice to taste. My first foray into Korean cuisine.The seaweed soup was good,not too oceanic taste. If you like Thai food you’ll like Korean as well.

All beverages including alcohol is free of added charge.These ladies were tirelessly serving the passengers.

Each passenger receives a half liter water,slippers and tooth brush with toothpaste.,

Blanket and pillow.

My seat choice was mixed I took row 55a 2 seats,

SFO to ICN my seat neighbor was a cute Korean student.

ICN to BKK I had 2 seats to myself.

BKK to ICN man opted to move leaving me 2 seats.

ICN to SFO Korean Gent helped me with my Korean Food,quiet guy.

2 drawbacks,the seat is about 18” away from the window you can’t lean against to sleep. The video box in the seat in front of me was centered leaving for awkward placement of right leg.The space on the side was good for my carry on easy access.

Inflight entertainment was extensive,but not western oriented.The audio channels have limited western music,so bring your ipod.Movie selections were varied,a mix of classic and contemporary American movies as well as asian films.A few American sitcoms Korean news travel documentaries etc.

When transferring flights in Korea (ICN) you must go thru a security screening,a quick walk thru.

All flights servicing BKK are staffed with half Thai crew.All announcements are in 3 languages.

I’m very pleased with the service and highly recommend Korean Air.I will use them again.I signed up for their frequent flyer card.

The only negative thing about Korean air was the long return layover some 7 hours.

KEA.jpg

KEB.jpg

KEC.jpg

KED.jpg

KEE.jpg

KEF.jpg

KEG.jpg

KEH.jpg

KEI.jpg

KEJ.jpg

KEK.jpg

KEL.jpg

KEM.jpg

I love Korean Air. I fly them out of IAD and only have the 1 stop in ICN. Saves me the extra 5 hours to the West Coast. I am just about to hit their next level of service which gives me access to their lounges and on longer layovers that is really nice. Also, ICN airport is very new and easy to navigate.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

Thank you for this review. The first airline the travel agent tried to sell me was Korean from Toronto - Korea - Bangkok. It was a good price but the layover in the Korean airport was 12 hours going and 14 hours on return. I was entitled to get a hotel on only 1 leg of those 2 layovers. I did read some great reviews about the airport in Korea so I was curious what would have happend if I took that flight.

Thank you for this review. The first airline the travel agent tried to sell me was Korean from Toronto - Korea - Bangkok. It was a good price but the layover in the Korean airport was 12 hours going and 14 hours on return. I was entitled to get a hotel on only 1 leg of those 2 layovers. I did read some great reviews about the airport in Korea so I was curious what would have happend if I took that flight.

The transit hotel goes for about $60 USD.They have transit tours available as well.DMZ tour is like $80 USD.

The transit hotel goes for about $60 USD.They have transit tours available as well.DMZ tour is like $80 USD.

I hit the transit hotel on my way back from Philippines last trip. Its more then $60, think it was around $100. Room was small but nice, they give you everything you need to shit, shower, and shave. TV is all Korean stuff and it was two twin beds but hell, it was worth it to catch some sleep and just take a shower.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

I just flew KAL from SFO to INC to MNL. Service beat the hell out of any American airline I have ever flown. Good food, with snacks in between. I will say I did not care for the seaweed soup. I couldn't even get past the smell of it. YMMV though. Free drink including beer and liqour. My friend and a couple others ending getting some food from first class brought back to us. Not sure if the girls liked up or just wanted us to be quiet, but it was good as well. And yeah the flight attendants were crazy smoking hot. I will definately fly with them the next time..

• 3 weeks later...

I love Korean Air. I fly them out of IAD and only have the 1 stop in ICN. Saves me the extra 5 hours to the West Coast. I am just about to hit their next level of service which gives me access to their lounges and on longer layovers that is really nice. Also, ICN airport is very new and easy to navigate.

Same with me. Korean is the best way to get to LOS from the Washington DC area. ANA is good as well, but you get into BKK around 9:00 PM

I work in China and when going back/forth to the States I go through ICN whenever possible. I've flown both Korean and Asiana. I'd say they are about equal, but I might give a slight preference to Asiana (both are way better than US and China based airlines).

FYI, if you haven't discovered yet, they have nice showers at ICN for about $5. Makes all the difference in the world on these long haul flights.

Great review and pics, thanks. You should check out Seatguru.com, the site will tell you what kind of seat you are in and if there are any draw backs. On Korean Airlines can you pick your seat, like on United or do you just find out when you check in at the airport?

Great review and pics, thanks. You should check out Seatguru.com, the site will tell you what kind of seat you are in and if there are any draw backs. On Korean Airlines can you pick your seat, like on United or do you just find out when you check in at the airport?

I picked my seat at booking on expedia.

• 4 months later...

I am booked leaving from Toronto on Dec 26 - Jan 15 on Korean Air. 777-200 and 777-300. $1284 CDN which is a stellar deal. 2:45 layover on the way over and 1:55 on the way home via ICN (Korea). Looking forward to it and will do a full report as well when I get home, a long way to go thou. Great pics.

I am also from DC and have flown Korean and ANA.

They are very similar but I think I like ANA slightly better.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I work for the Night Wish group and The Pattaya News in Pattaya, Thailand. I run monthly meetups and bar crawls.. I also run the weekly Newbie Wednesday meetup sessions at Sexy in the City on Soi 6. Sexy in the City is located across from Queen Victoria Inn. 

I flew to BKK on Korean Air about 10 days ago form Washington DC and had another great erxperience. I booked three days before departure and still only paid about $1,350 for the flight. Literally walked off the plane in Korea and walked onto the the BKK flight. I like ANA as well, but really like getting to BKK at 9 in the evening. Yes, the FA are stunning.

Agree with everything mentioned by others here. I fly Korean Air out of Chicago to Bangkok and Phnom Penh all of the time and could not be happier. My last trip put me over 100k miles and they upgraded me to prestige class right before boarding. They blow away any US airline by a mile.

There are two types of women, those that charge for blow jobs and those that don't. The ones that don't end up costing you far more. ~Charlie Sheen~

babydollsaddict.gif

I am booked leaving from Toronto on Dec 26 - Jan 15 on Korean Air. 777-200 and 777-300. $1284 CDN which is a stellar deal. 2:45 layover on the way over and 1:55 on the way home via ICN (Korea). Looking forward to it and will do a full report as well when I get home, a long way to go thou. Great pics.

I just booked the same flight yesterday for Nov 30 - Dec 26. You got it for $6 less than I did. Considering the positive reviews for the airline and the airport in Korea, I'm looking forward to it.

:Bump:

:Grin_Jump1:

I'll be on them in 20 days. IAD to ICN to BKK. Love Korean and I am finally Morning Calm which also gives me Elite on Delta. But I can hit the first class lines and and can check 60kg of baggage now! Plus lounge privileges! I will do as always and beg for a first class ticket. Maybe they will love me and agree. I can hope.

• 8 months later...

I've flown Korean airlines once many years ago and really liked their service. Then the other day when I was looking for flts to Thailand I saw KAL has the new A380-800 so I just had to see if I could get a flt to Thailand. Sure enough they are flying the A380 from LAX to Seoul and then from there to Bkk I'll fly on a 777. Price for the ticket was $1159.00 for NOV 30th. Last time I checked the price had come down slightly. I'm really excited to fly the new A380. I normally fly EVA Air, I had worked my way up to Gold card with them but now I'll be starting over. I guess I could fly Delta to LAX, this would add up miles.

Buzzy

I went with Korean air on the way back from Japan once, the food was about as good as ANA in Business class but the service was just a tad bit lower than ANA's. For the price I would definitely go with them again though (It was about $300ish cheaper to go with Korean Air back to Canada than with ANA)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok just arrived in bkk and rounding out my first day in LOS.

Flew Korean from YYZ-ICN-BKK.

I give Korean a big thumbs up as the service was pretty good.

The seats are a good size though my tail bone hurt after sitting for so long in the 14 hour flight from YYZ-ICN.

Food was good and tastey as I stuck with the Korean breakfast - they give you rice, meat & veg, with some spicy paste and seasame oil seperately and you have to mix it together to suit your taste. Also had the beef dinner with noodles.

Flight Attendants were very polite and helpful. Also impressed how fresh and crisp they looked even after serving passangers for 14 hours.

What really impressed me was the airport in ICN - lots of free showers, internet, and craft areas throughout this airport! A long layover in ICN aiport would not be too cumbersome. After sitting in a plane for 14 hours, being able to take a dump, a shower, and a change of clothes before your connecting flight is pretty freaking amazing!

If you are flying to Asia from Las Vegas, Korean is the only direct flight. For this reason alone they are my favorite airline to Asia. The downside is you have to go through Inchon and the layovers are typically half a day if going on to Bangkok. I often leave the airport for the day and have lunch with friends living in Seoul. There are really good and relatively cheap buses into Seoul from the airport.

As others have said Inchon airport is great. I also always get into a decent airport lounge with my Priority Pass card and have some decent food and often times a shower as well.

• 8 months later...

I'll be flying Korean airlines again this trip. For a change I'm thinking about flying out of Las Vegas and staying away from LAX, I hate LAX.

Has anyone flown out of Las to Asia? Is TSA any better in LAS compared to LAX?

By the way my flight on the new A380 (Korean airlines) was great. Boy is it big and it takes a while to load. The plane leaving LAX in economy was almost full. It took forever to load everyone.

Thanks.

Buzzy

I'll be flying Korean airlines again this trip. For a change I'm thinking about flying out of Las Vegas and staying away from LAX, I hate LAX.

Has anyone flown out of Las to Asia? Is TSA any better in LAS compared to LAX?

By the way my flight on the new A380 (Korean airlines) was great. Boy is it big and it takes a while to load. The plane leaving LAX in economy was almost full. It took forever to load everyone.

Thanks.

Buzzy

They couldn't be any worse than LAX. I will never go through there again.

I always fly Asiana out of ORD but Korean has about the same prices, layovers and qaulity of service. Now that I know they are useing the A380's I might consider a switch but I'm Diamond on Asiana and I'd hate to start over in a new program. Any idea how the mileage program compares??

They couldn't be any worse than LAX. I will never go through there again.

I always fly Asiana out of ORD but Korean has about the same prices, layovers and qaulity of service. Now that I know they are useing the A380's I might consider a switch but I'm Diamond on Asiana and I'd hate to start over in a new program. Any idea how the mileage program compares??

Hi wetwillie,

no I have no idea how they compare. As far as the A380 I think KAL only fly them out of LAX. (?) I'll check into that and make sure. I agree that LAX has to be the worst airport I have ever been in and the TSA is like the Gestapo when arriving from Thailand. If I were diamond with any airline it would take a lot to get me to switch. I did make it to gold with EVA but they started raising their prices so I'm now with KAL.

Have a great day.

Buzzy

Edited by Buzzy