Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

looking to get a 6 month visa

billycotton

I and my mate would like to get a 6 month visa and to do this for about 5 yrs is this possible? looking ahead we want to retire there for half the year and see how it goes what do you think?

Enjoy life,its too short not to.

Yes, I've been living here for 10 years on similar, so possible.

You live in UK, apply to consulate in Hull, for a multiple entry visa for 'seeing friends' and you get a visa that last 12 (15 months).

http://www.thaiconsu...-and-visas.aspx

There is no 6 months visa, but :

Visa on arrival, normally 30 days for most Nationalities.

Tourist visa single entry valid 60 days, can extend with 30 days.

Tourist visa double entry 2 x 60 days (+ 2 x 30 days extension)

Non Immigrant Visa (single/double) 90 days, if you over 50 years.

Edited by Expat46

You live in UK, apply to consulate in Hull, for a multiple entry visa for 'seeing friends' and you get a visa that last 12 (15 months).

Don't have to be over 50 to get N.I.V. multi . Just check out the Web site at hull & download visa info & apps Everything is there .However you will need an address where the friends you are visiting stay (if you take what I mean)

thanks for that guys,much appreciated.

Enjoy life,its too short not to.

Your best option is the non-immigrant type-O visa if you are under 50 and the OA (retirement visa) is you are over.

Another option is a student visa (ED). You could learn Thai while you are here keeping you out of the pub for at least a few hours a week....:D

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Don't have to be over 50 to get N.I.V. multi . Just check out the Web site at hull & download visa info & apps Everything is there .However you will need an address where the friends you are visiting stay (if you take what I mean)

You misunderstood my previous post. The first part was about Hull Consulate.

Hull is soon the only friendly consulate who give Non Imm multi to those single under 50 - others don't.

The last part was the general rules, applied by most other Consulates and Embassies, that are not as friendly as Hull.

Other Embassies/Consulates (not Hull) don't issue Non Imm to those under 50 years and single.

Hull is the exception.

Other Embassies/Consulates (not Hull) don't issue Non Imm to those under 50 years and single.

Hull is the exception.

I think the distinction right at the end of this statement may be lost on some. If the purpose of your visit is covered under the non-immigrant type-O visa it should be possible to get one of these visas in all embassies/consulates. They are there for issuing but you just have to have the reason and jump through the correct hoops.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Well, there actually is a 6 months visa, i'm on a triple entry tourist visa wich is 3 x 60 days.

Edited by TheLostShark

Well, there actually is a 6 months visa, i'm on a triple entry tourist visa wich is 3 x 60 days.

Yes, but technically it is not a 6 month visa. It is a visa that allows you to stay in Thailand three times for 60 days during a certain period. Hair splitting yes but it is just the way it is.

• 4 weeks later...

You misunderstood my previous post. The first part was about Hull Consulate.

Hull is soon the only friendly consulate who give Non Imm multi to those single under 50 - others don't.

The last part was the general rules, applied by most other Consulates and Embassies, that are not as friendly as Hull.

Hull is the exception.

I wrote the previous post because the op is from Sheffield which is not far from Hull so I should think that is where he will seek to get Visa,s . As to other consulates I should imagine it is just a matter of jumping through the right loops .

• 1 month later...

I sent my passport, a form, some photos and a cheque for GBP100 to Birmingham and got it back by post in under 48 hours (!) with a 1-year multiple entry visa.

On arrival at BKK I was given 90 days and, as far as I know, I can leave and return 3 more times on that. At some point I will probably just get a retirement extension though.

I am over 50 but I didn't notice any requirement on the form for this. It seemed to me that anyone with GBP100 could have the visa, which makes sense. I cant see any advantage to Thailand in making visas difficult to acquire. There were certainly no hoops for me.

I sent my passport, a form, some photos and a cheque for GBP100 to Birmingham and got it back by post in under 48 hours (!) with a 1-year multiple entry visa.

On arrival at BKK I was given 90 days and, as far as I know, I can leave and return 3 more times on that. At some point I will probably just get a retirement extension though.

I am over 50 but I didn't notice any requirement on the form for this. It seemed to me that anyone with GBP100 could have the visa, which makes sense. I cant see any advantage to Thailand in making visas difficult to acquire. There were certainly no hoops for me.

The only problem is that the requirements for the visa that you was issued varies between different embassies and consultes, even within the same country. Some are easy but others are not.