Pattaya Live Streams >> Tulip Girls Link Tree | Pattaya Girls Live Facebook | Pattaya Girls Tulip Villa | Nightwish Girls Payment Portal |

IGNORED

Where can I buy a pocket wifi router

bensalu

Can anyone put in the right direction i bought an ipad with no 3G and I am looking for a wifi device that i can put a sim card in something like the netcomm myzone Would be fine.

i had a look around tukom and could not see anything.

Ais apparently sell them but where is the Ais shop ?

Any help appreciated

AIS shop in MBK in Bangkok

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

I purchased one at Tukcom in Pattaya 4 days ago. Several of the places on the mobile phone floor (first floor) have them. Just ask them for an AIS Aircard. They will even set it up for you.

Cost 1700bht including simcard with 30 hours of internet access. To top up i just have to get a 12Call voucher thingy from a 7/11.

Using it now. Not ultra fast but its liveable.

Testicles

Try looking in the online app store for you phone OS. I know on my Windows Mobile phone back home I can get a piece of software that will turn the phone into a router going through the mobile network to get to the internet (Note: I haven't tried this software I've just seen it in the app store). I would think that there is something similar for Android phone in the Google app store.

I'm guessing as you bought an iPad, then you've probably got an iPhone to boot. I've no idea if you can find any software to turn your iPhone into a router. My guess would be no given Apples Desire to lock everything down (It always surprises me you can even turn the phone on), but it might be worth trying.

Otherwise no idea mate. Best of luck in your hunt.

I purchased one at Tukcom in Pattaya 4 days ago. Several of the places on the mobile phone floor (first floor) have them. Just ask them for an AIS Aircard. They will even set it up for you.

Cost 1700bht including simcard with 30 hours of internet access. To top up i just have to get a 12Call voucher thingy from a 7/11.

Using it now. Not ultra fast but its liveable.

Thanks for that info last time i was there i coudnt only find the usb type , do you know what brand and model yours is ?

Edited by bensalu

Try looking in the online app store for you phone OS. I know on my Windows Mobile phone back home I can get a piece of software that will turn the phone into a router going through the mobile network to get to the internet (Note: I haven't tried this software I've just seen it in the app store). I would think that there is something similar for Android phone in the Google app store.

I'm guessing as you bought an iPad, then you've probably got an iPhone to boot. I've no idea if you can find any software to turn your iPhone into a router. My guess would be no given Apples desire to lock everything down (It always surprises me you can even turn the phone on), but it might be worth trying.

This is what i am looking for but i am not sure where this shop is as it is in thai ?http://www.totalaircard.com/categories/Aircard-for-iPad/

I'm guessing as you bought an iPad, then you've probably got an iPhone to boot. I've no idea if you can find any software to turn your iPhone into a router. My guess would be no given Apples desire to lock everything down (It always surprises me you can even turn the phone on), but it might be worth trying.

You can use the I phone as a modem but in the uk you have to pay a tethering charge of £15 a month plus the network charges. All decent phones that are internet capable can be used as modems and the software is usually on the disc that comes with them.

I know for example my samsung tocco can be used, and i setup my mates n96 Nokia for him to use as a modem.

i got a 3g mobil phone inq model,got usb slot on the side,a mini usb slot

i just run a usb cable from phone to lappy,then i can ethere,move stuff to the phone or to lappy,or go online,as a router ,hog its internet access,the thais are into there tech,you should find some think in tukcom,a good mail

or a trip to bangkok,mbk,then a few cold ones in nana ,soi cowboy,celebrate

well if your device gets on the net,then only need to find a conection port,so share it

Telewiz on the second floor of the TUKCOM....it says 3G.. but it is only 2G... maybe soon 3G.. pretty simple to use

Edited by Mike Mulligan

There are two primary choices in life;

to accept conditions as they exist,

or accept the responsibility for changing them.

Telewiz on the second floor of the TUKCOM....it says 3G.. but it is only 2G... maybe soon 3G.. pretty simple to use

Thanks the tips i will check tukom out again .

The major issue with the pocket 3G router like the MiFi is that the battery only lasts 3-4 hours, this is the main reason I do not have one yet. Also, some support 3G at 850 mhz, and some at 900 mhz. There is no MiFi that does both, which means that in some countries it will not work, or will be limited to certain carriers that have built their 3G network using the different frequencies.

If you have a jailbroken iPhone you can run iTether, PDANet or MyWi. For only a bit more cash then the Mifi you could get an old 3G iPhone or a 3GS and then use that as your access device, as long as you know how to jailbreak and do not wish to share to another device such as a friend's laptop, or a PSP or something.

If you jailbreak your iPad as well, you can install iTether which allows you to tether to your iPhone via bluetooth, using less iPhone battery then PDA or MyWi.

iTether FAQ: http://ibluever.blogspot.com/2010/07/itether-faq.html

There are also other phones on the market now, many Android phones and older Windows Mobile HTC ones that all support creating a PAN (personal area network) by creating a wifi network.

Popped my Asian Cherry Trip Report 2010: 10 weeks in PI and Thai - Philippines - Part 1 & Thailand - Part 2

Quick and (Not very) Dirty Trip Report BKK/Pattaya 2017

The major issue with the pocket 3G router like the MiFi is that the battery only lasts 3-4 hours, this is the main reason I do not have one yet. Also, some support 3G at 850 mhz, and some at 900 mhz. There is no MiFi that does both, which means that in some countries it will not work, or will be limited to certain carriers that have built their 3G network using the different frequencies.

If you have a jailbroken iPhone you can run iTether, PDANet or MyWi. For only a bit more cash then the Mifi you could get an old 3G iPhone or a 3GS and then use that as your access device, as long as you know how to jailbreak and do not wish to share to another device such as a friend's laptop, or a PSP or something.

If you jailbreak your iPad as well, you can install iTether which allows you to tether to your iPhone via bluetooth, using less iPhone battery then PDA or MyWi.

iTether FAQ: http://ibluever.blogspot.com/2010/07/itether-faq.html

There are also other phones on the market now, many Android phones and older Windows Mobile HTC ones that all support creating a PAN (personal area network) by creating a wifi network.

Thanks very much fir the assitance i purchased a netcomm mi fi it seems to work ok but a little slow.