Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Addicts Forum Poll

LaaMok

I aint read all this topic, I think one thing we should look at is getting more up to date info on here, i think the forum has died a bit with guys making less trips due to the current economic climate and therefore less current info, i may be wrong.

Personally this has been my longest time away from Pattaya in some 5 years, i find im not logging onto the board as much and not contributing as much.

On a brighter note i have finished uni and am planning an extra long trip taking in thai, laos, vietnam, cambodia and will see what happens after that :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi & thanks for your detailed reply link.

I've another question, & I do realise the answer is probably one or two clicks away, but this techno-dipstick can't find it.

My question is: How are Reputation Points awarded & how does one award Reputation points?

Tony

In the bottom right corner of each post you will see a green circle with a white plus sign in the middle. If you like the post or it was helpful or entertaining just click it to give that post/board member a rep point.

Define Rep Point Abuse please - :Grin_Jump1:

Some might think it strange or perverse that I voted for it.

The reason why is that I saw far too many examples, when it was first introduced of certain members bumming each other (giving points to each other for no apparent reason other than to up each others' scores) and I complained often.

Some members of the same mind blatantly took the piss out of the system by Repping each other's every post and eventually their scores were corrected and restrictions placed on the number of points available each day.

I played a different game with 2 threads only until I reached the score of 200 and stopped. BMs were at liberty to give me points or not according to whether they appreciated what I posted. The score just illustrates that point.

It was basically a variation of another famous poster's game of demanding a certain number of favourable posts before he would post the next picture/s.

I labelled it "Rep Whoring". If someone else labels it abuse sobeit. I see it as blatant, but totally different to the bumming that still goes on.

One thing you will see as a result of my game is a huge increase in general awareness of Rep Points, by readers and posters alike - even 2 current Mods have made their own attempts at Rep Whoring and some top contributors are shamelessly following my example and pointing at the button, including the current King of the Hill who has since overtaken and blitzed my score. Others are coming from behind (?) at quite a pace. :GoldenSmile1:

One thing that did make me laugh was when I noticed that at least one of those who voted for Rep Point Abuse was a fairly significant contributor to my score in those games. :Grin_Jump1:

In principle I think Rep Scores should be a good thing and should even be a useful tool for Admin to use in considering elevation of members. I have no suggestions for how more rules could usefully be applied.

BTW - I would have much preferred the option to vote for "Oversized Signatures", which annoy me much more, but not to worry as mine is switched off again now. I know there was an attempt to persuade members to be reasonable, but.......... :GoldenSmile1:

Apart from the unfortunate occasional leakage of photos, I have no significant negative thoughts about PA and enjoy my time spent on it far too much. :GoldenSmile1:

PS - I gave Laamok +1 for the Topic lol.............

I aint read all this topic........................I think one thing we should look at is getting more up to date info on here, i think the forum has died a bit with guys making less trips due to the current economic climate and therefore less current info, i may be wrong............................i find im not logging onto the board as much and not contributing as much.

Sorry but I think that your post says it all. If you are not logging on much, if you have not read through all of a three page topic (I can only assume that you are not reading through the longer postings) and if you are not contributing then I think it is unjustified to judge that the information on the forum is not up to date.

Whilst you may well be right that people are less making trips, I would argue that this has not affected the quality or volume of up to date information on this site.

I would not class what you did as rep. point abuse as you were actively contributing to the site with loads of great photos and even a video and BMs were free to give points or not as they saw fit.

P.S. Point given for another great post (only joking :P ).

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

I would not class what you did as rep. point abuse as you were actively contributing to the site with loads of great photos and even a video and BMs were free to give points or not as they saw fit.

P.S. Point given for another great post (only joking :P ).

Of course I didn't go to check..... :WhoSaw1:

Define Rep Point Abuse please - :Grin_Jump1:

The reason why is that I saw far too many examples, when it was first introduced of certain members bumming each other (giving points to each other for no apparent reason other than to up each others' scores) and I complained often.

Some members of the same mind blatantly took the piss out of the system by Repping each other's every post and eventually their scores were corrected and restrictions placed on the number of points available each day.

I played a different game with 2 threads only until I reached the score of 200 and stopped. BMs were at liberty to give me points or not according to whether they appreciated what I posted. The score just illustrates that point.

It was basically a variation of another famous poster's game of demanding a certain number of favourable posts before he would post the next picture/s.

I labelled it "Rep Whoring". If someone else labels it abuse sobeit. I see it as blatant, but totally different to the bumming that still goes on.

One thing you will see as a result of my game is a huge increase in general awareness of Rep Points, by readers and posters alike - even 2 current Mods have made their own attempts at Rep Whoring and some top contributors are shamelessly following my example and pointing at the button, including the current King of the Hill who has since overtaken and blitzed my score. Others are coming from behind (?) at quite a pace. :GoldenSmile1:

PS - I gave Laamok +1 for the Topic lol.............

Good comments Edge, and thanks for the +1 again too biggrin.gif. I didn't give you +1 in return, in case people start to think we're 'bumming' each-othertongue.gif.

Rep Points operate at two different levels IMO. Given as genuine approval of a good post, or given as part of a little game between other BM's. I see no harm in either, though the 'game' kind of invalidates the whole reasoning behind giving Rep in the first place.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

In the bottom right corner of each post you will see a green circle with a white plus sign in the middle. If you like the post or it was helpful or entertaining just click it to give that post/board member a rep point.

Thank-you GoGo Dog.

Now I know where it is, I'm surprised I never noticed it before.

I've awarded you a Rep Point for your efforts

T

Someone might be aiming at me. Without I was aiming at any one, really.

I was mentioning that rep point abuse is a very hot topic this week on another forum, and I believe it has been here in the past.

By the end of the day - this is only Internet for fun and entertainment.

When negative points was possible, it's was said to almost ruin a forum.

Just goes to show what a big controversy this rep point thing is. If it can be abused, why keep it?

When someone here are extreme helpful, or taken their time to write a informative post - I give rep points.

When friends giving friends points, just for the heck of it - just show that the function is rather useless - and abuse is impossible to avoid.

Whatever we think of it, it's up to :Admin: to decide.

By far, the greatest draw is the vast amount of information available on all aspects of Pattaya. I was fortunate to find PA before my first trip back in 2008 and the information I gained from the site was a real life saver. It saved me money, time, headache and heartache. I also met up with other board members which led to some very fun outings I would not have had otherwise as I was traveling solo. I feel the flame free environment of the forum is vital to people feeling comfortable asking questions and the moderators should strive to maintain it as such. Thanks again, Bryan, for providing such a great resource.

Kudos to the TR writers. When I make it back to Thailand next year I'll pay my debt to y'all with one of my own. The bar has been raised pretty high !

I know the mods walk a fine line between avoiding controversial stuff and pissing people off. Some of the emails about new topics led to dead ends, already pulled down. (the documentary about people going to prison for disagreeing with the monarchy comes to mind) I imagine allowing posts like that could get you in trouble with the BIB, and must steer clear of that.

"Hard work never killed anybody......but why take a chance??"

Plus points

- great, deep resevoir of reports, with passionate people behind them

- fantastic mobile site (I'm getting my fix there now!)

minuses:

- Social connectors and ads can pop-up late, causing misclicka. probably need a graphic server.

- Growing rep point madness, imho

Just looking for a bit of feedback, so I can make some improvements.

Hi,Laa Mok,i ask for the member card,but don'tget back an answer,can you help me please.Cheers

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Maybe the site is over-cluttered. You know how Google is bare bones and functional....

I'm still looking for the "gallery" mentioned in this poll....

"Hard work never killed anybody......but why take a chance??"

How did you find the forum?

found the site via myredbook.com, enjoyed it ever since

"I'd pork her. Or, if her religion forbade pork, I'd beef her. If it turned out she was a vegetarian, I'd give her an extra firm slab of tofu."

I love the site and I spend WAY too much time on here.

Minor gripes:

I think the whole Rep point thing is becoming a joke. Can I trade Rep points in for a barfine or a beer? I think not. It reminds me of my young nephew with his sticker chart, where he got a gold star if he used his potty... If someone likes what I post, then a post back, or even a promise of a beer one day is all I ask.

The guys showing pics to the girls is a big problem, and I experienced it myself after my last trip. Someone who I genuinely liked now 'hated me forever'. So what's the answer? Well, I'm not sure, but I think that Advanced should become, well, more advanced... There was a poster on here today moaning that he had done 50 posts (in a week) and he wasn't yet Advanced. In my opinion, to get to Advanced you should either post some kick-ass trip report(s) or be personally known to the mods/admin. Perhaps a Level 3 should be considered (cough)...

Apart from that, keep up the good work, fellas! :Party1::GiveBeer1::Bravo1:

"I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one." Jay Z, 99 Problems, The Black Album

I use the site not only to see what's going on and to meet new people (every BM I've met has been awesome!), I use the search feature like Wikipedia, to find out small details I need to know. You've done a great job here LaaMok... many kudos.

Warning! Life is sexually transmitted and 100% Fatal

IMG_0885.jpg..sigpic.jpg

"It ain't the dyin' I'm talking about, Woodrow, it's the LIVIN"">

...A great place to be...makes you feel as though you are part of a 'special band of brothers'...the bits that I prefer are the TR's...always very informative...and there is so much other important gem's of information here too that will have relevance to those seeking it. The forum is always my first port of call while I enjoy my morning coffee...and I'm usually logged on all day as most of my work is from home! It's fucking ADDICTIVE!!!

I'm still looking for the "gallery" mentioned in this poll....

Under 'ts' in Pattaya-addicts.

Just found this so still checking it out

i do like what i have seen so far and am hoping to goto Pattaya for the first time next june so i'll be checking more

I'm following this site already for some years, first I needed 25 messages to post to become Member, and now it is 50. It is not fun to change the rules like that. I can understand that some users are really disturbing operations and that a filter has to be set up in place, but on the other side you're also blocking honorable users that express respect for your great work.

บินวา

As a newbie on this forum I find the 50 good quality posts in order to become an advanced member a little extreme. I think it should be cut back to 25 posts with a minimum of at least 2 posts every month required to keep advanced status. If I were in Pattaya now I'd have more to say but I won't get my advanced status until after my trip in December and I really would like to be an advanced member before I make my next trip.

As a newbie on this forum I find the 50 good quality posts in order to become an advanced member a little extreme. I think it should be cut back to 25 posts with a minimum of at least 2 posts every month required to keep advanced status. If I were in Pattaya now I'd have more to say but I won't get my advanced status until after my trip in December and I really would like to be an advanced member before I make my next trip.

You don't have to be in Pattaya to write quality posts. Lots of different thread sections here. Have a flick through and write about something you know about or about previous trips experiences.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I'm following this site already for some years, first I needed 25 messages to post to become Member, and now it is 50. It is not fun to change the rules like that. I can understand that some users are really disturbing operations and that a filter has to be set up in place, but on the other side you're also blocking honorable users that express respect for your great work.

Any forum is about exchanging views, but this one is looking for more than that. To be elevated to Advanced Level they are looking for a meaningful contribution.

There are lots of topics and TRs which you do have access to and could post an opinion on.

28 posts in > 2.5 years and this one only your second this year isn't really hacking it IMHO.

Back in April I re-served my time out there and made about 120 posts before I asked to be elevated.Six weeks and 26 posts doesn't sound that much to me.

There is a lot of information available without being elevated.

There are many TRs and topics which you could contribute to and even create some of your own and maybe that would help you find your way around the board better too.

The number of posts required was raised to 50 in the best interests of those posting in Advanced, but they are also looking at your contribution to the board in general.

It is felt by many members to be a virtual community here and for some on the ground it can be a real community too. It's up to you to convince Admin/Mods of your worth. :GoldenSmile1:

• 2 months later...

I like the forum...i voted no for being a home based forum for myself...since the other forum board..i belong to, i have been with since the beginning. After my first trip to Pattaya..my home forum board could change. I actually currently like this board over my home one, but i have tons of friends in my AC board...so loyality comes into play!!

MavSig2.gif

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="100" width="200" data="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_3.swf">'>http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_3.swf">

<param name="movie" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_3.swf" />

<param name="base" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/" />

<param name="flashvars" value="

&timer=3&

&time_template=3:ss;2:mm;1:hh;0:dd&

&time_color=0x000000&

&label_color=0x000000&

&background_color=0xffffff&

&flare_view=true&

&time_label=d:DAY;h:HOUR;m:MIN;s:SEC&

&time_zone=(GMT -09:00) Alaska&

&event_time=year:2011;month:4;day:15;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_duration=year:0;month:0;day:0;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&