IGNORED

LK Ren vs Areca

arak.72

Hi all,

I'm narrowing my choice to either LK Ren or Areca. 7 nights, their better rooms, actually same location.

The difference per room between the LKR & Areca is about B1000 per night, that is B7000 per 7 nights or roughly $250 in total (either AUD or USD, they are the same now.)

$250 seem to be a bit negligible from AU, but not so in TH, where they have the purchasing power of roughly $1400 or 7 BGs...

To make things clearer: The $250 by themselves is not an important amount for me, what's much more important is to have the satisfaction of getting great value (whether I pay more or less, doesn't matter at all).

Question: For a first time in Pattaya shall I go to LKR deluxe room or to Areca deluxe room, if the difference is only $250?

Apologies for being so material,

Cheers,

arak

Nanren bu huai, nuren bu ai.

If money is not an issue I personally would choose the LK Renaissance. No hassle with bringing girls back and I prefer the rooms

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Haven't stayed at LK Ren but heard good reports. Have stayed at Areca a few times & really not keen on the place...no particular reason!

Maybe stay a few nights each place make up your own opinion....less than 5 mins walk from each other.

OK guys, convinced, thanks.

Just booked at LK REN, based on your good advice above and on the experience of another BM at another forum.

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers,

arak

Hi all,

I'm narrowing my choice to either LK Ren or Areca. 7 nights, their better rooms, actually same location.

The difference per room between the LKR & Areca is about B1000 per night, that is B7000 per 7 nights or roughly $250 in total (either AUD or USD, they are the same now.)

$250 seem to be a bit negligible from AU, but not so in TH, where they have the purchasing power of roughly $1400 or 7 BGs...

To make things clearer: The $250 by themselves is not an important amount for me, what's much more important is to have the satisfaction of getting great value (whether I pay more or less, doesn't matter at all).

Question: For a first time in Pattaya shall I go to LKR deluxe room or to Areca deluxe room, if the difference is only $250?

Apologies for being so material,

Cheers,

arak

I'd like to email the LK Ren. Does anyone have the address? Thanks.

Lk metropole better pool and suites cheaper.. plus Areca now has a new built wing that looks great.... Can't go wrong staying on Diana/ metro area

• 2 weeks later...

Areca is 2* hotel

LK Renaissance 4* hotel

Areca has prices of 3* hotel.

Why is Areca only 2* hotel ????

I don't trust this hotel, why only rated 2* ??? something's wrong...

Areca has joiner fee ??? for 2* hotel ???

Edited by tomba1790

5bc23fbaa550c_thaibox.gif.69fcc04145d2d7dc5a09f5db98e051d2.gif

I have stayed at LK Renaissance, Metropole and most recently the Areca Lodge (in the new Evergreen Wing). The Areca was 1640 baht per night which is say 500 baht cheaper than the LK's. The rooms in the new wing are fine and there was no problem with guests. The pool & pool area is far larger at Areca plus free wi fi. So Areca is probably best value for money of the 3. However all 3 hotels are good and 500 baht a night is not a lot of dosh to worry about. I will be back at the Areca in November for 1700 baht per night which I think is a good price.

I have stayed at LK Renaissance, Metropole and most recently the Areca Lodge (in the new Evergreen Wing). The Areca was 1640 baht per night which is say 500 baht cheaper than the LK's. The rooms in the new wing are fine and there was no problem with guests. The pool & pool area is far larger at Areca plus free wi fi. So Areca is probably best value for money of the 3. However all 3 hotels are good and 500 baht a night is not a lot of dosh to worry about. I will be back at the Areca in November for 1700 baht per night which I think is a good price.

As long as they're over 20!

I stayed in Areca Evergreen in March. Great rooms - one of the quieter hotels I have stayed in - reasonable buffet breakfast, a great pool and easily accessable from the rear of The Avenue or a short walk through the property to Soi Diana. If you're not into teenagers, their guest policy is a non-issue.

Edited by Slacker

LK Renossiance hands down, great service, clean room and I never had a issue bringing girls and some even were allowed up there while I was in my room. It was kool until a girl was sitting outside my door drunk crying....but whatever that's another story.

Its great being right in front of those bars, family mart and billards pool room. Hell just standing out front of the hotel you can pick up a girl lol I'll be there again myself December 02 to December 28, can't wait! First time I've stayed in a hotel twice, have been thinking of giving Dusit D2 a try but happy with LK Rennisance.

Another question about te LK Renaissance:

Must I put the laptop in the safe or can I leave it on the desk?

The laptop itself is not of great value, just a 10 inch travel netbook, but I need the files and emails there for work. Without them I'm lost (well, almost).