IGNORED

Asia Rent A Car

landslide

I am going to need a rental car for 17 days in October/November. Last year, I rented from Budget, but have found that this year, their rates have gone up substantially. In researching on the internet, I found a company called Asia Rent A Car, with what appears to be decent vehicles and excellent rates. However, I am not familiar with the company. Does anyone have any experience with the company? Any input would be appreciated.

are you looking to rent in Pattaya, if so let me know as I know a couple of very good companies

The best i have found is Avis. Over the internet a Vios is 850 baht a day inc insurance.

The best i have found is Avis. Over the internet a Vios is 850 baht a day inc insurance.

I checked the Avis website, and the low rate was B$1250 per day, all in. Asia Rent A Car was B$850 per day for a Honda Jazz, and B$1000 per day for a Toyota Vios or a Honda City. I've used FASTCarhire in the past, and the cars are provided by Budget. I reserved a Jazz with FASTCarhire, but I always got the Vios or the City. Their quote this year is B$1050 per day, all in. If I could ask, how did you find the B$850 rate with Avis. Thanks.

We use them all the time, have cars leased thru them and rent when only need on short term basis. If you have an accident you are covered not like most of the local companies and they do look after you in these cases.

You can get cheaper but where they make the price cheaper is in teh insurance coverage you have, you get what you pay for. AVIS is an international company and they act like it so I recommend them.

Just make sure you have an international drivers license.

We use them all the time, have cars leased thru them and rent when only need on short term basis. If you have an accident you are covered not like most of the local companies and they do look after you in these cases.

You can get cheaper but where they make the price cheaper is in teh insurance coverage you have, you get what you pay for. AVIS is an international company and they act like it so I recommend them.

Just make sure you have an international drivers license.

I always get an international drivers license prior to foriegn travel. I don't like complications. When you said that "We use them all the time", were you speaking of Asia Rent A Car or Avis? Thanks.

I checked the Avis website, and the low rate was B$1250 per day, all in. Asia Rent A Car was B$850 per day for a Honda Jazz, and B$1000 per day for a Toyota Vios or a Honda City. I've used FASTCarhire in the past, and the cars are provided by Budget. I reserved a Jazz with FASTCarhire, but I always got the Vios or the City. Their quote this year is B$1050 per day, all in. If I could ask, how did you find the B$850 rate with Avis. Thanks.

I just go on their web site and get a quote usually 595 baht a day plus insurance and tax 850 total. It does vary though depending on the days you ask for, try varying the dates.

I always get an international drivers license prior to foriegn travel. I don't like complications. When you said that "We use them all the time", were you speaking of Asia Rent A Car or Avis? Thanks.

AVIS

I just go on their web site and get a quote usually 595 baht a day plus insurance and tax 850 total. It does vary though depending on the days you ask for, try varying the dates.

I found a different Avis site than the one I was using. The rate was better, but still higher than the rate you are quoted. The rate was $B792 per day plus VAT and insurance, or around $B1050 per day. I did try different days with no change. Perhaps you receive a corporate rate? I need the car from October 19 until November 5, and I am not departing for Thailand until October 10, so I have time to keep checking. Thanks for everyone's responses.