IGNORED

Traffic lights on BR

benny31

They’re setting up traffic lights system right now on Beach road.

(facing RGP, Mike shopping, soi 13……………..)

Are they going to cause any jams, tailbacks and disruption or sort out the “chaotic” traffic situation?

:Grin_Jump1:

TRAFFIC1.JPG

TRAFFIC2.JPG

TRAFFIC3.JPG

TRAFFIC4.JPG

Edited by benny31

I don't know why they bother spending the money on Traffic lights, take the one's out on the railway crossings on the darkside, installed them, confused the hell out of Thai drivers, so they just switch them to flashing and leave the traffic to it's own devices.

:Club_fight1:

Thais pay no attention to them anyway, a Red light means STOP IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT, otherwise just power through it, even if they do stop, they won't wait long enough for it to turn Green again.

:Oops1:

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

I say thats great! It was a bitch trying to cross Beach Rd.

I was thinking before that a pedestrian bridge just before the WS entry would also be good.

I was thinking before that a pedestrian bridge just before the WS entry would also be good.

Be better on 2nd Rd. You take your life into your hands crossing that. I swear Thais speed up with a farang is crossing. Its a merit making thing or something.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

I guess pedestrian bridge is a good idea.

Quick set up and easy operation.

Low cost too.

sunset-ped-bridge.jpg

pedestrian-bridge-connection.jpg

Pattaya's council should do something to help the pedestrians. At certain parts of the Beach Road and 2nd road it can be very difficult to cross these roads

I think this is just a waste of money.

After carefully observing the driving habits of Thai drivers, I believe that traffic lights in LOS do not have the same meaning than in many other countries.

Green is the same – that means “Go”, but amber and red are different.

Amber means “Go like hell” and red means “Stop if there is traffic coming in the other direction or if there is a policeman on the corner”. Otherwise red means the same as green.

Note that for buses, red lights do not take effect until five seconds after the light has changed

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Pattaya's council should do something to help the pedestrians. At certain parts of the Beach Road and 2nd road it can be very difficult to cross these roads

Yep, and you might “lose” your camera while “crossing the line road”.

:GoldenSmile1:

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Yep, and you might “lose” your camera while “crossing the line road”.

:GoldenSmile1:

:NoNo3: Benny behave yourself

As the famous American Arnold Schwarzengger once said "I'll be back" and when I'm next in Pattaya you might just have to watch yourself :Laugh1: ...lol

Edited by blue1878

Something for the Festival owners and the local pollies to think about a crossover of beach road and second road would be a good investment for getting a lot more walk though traffic.....

Then further down near mikes mall would be great. It would give a reason for mikes to get a lot bigger or at least finish what is already started....

Edited by murtle71