IGNORED

Just reading a good book set in Thailand

It's called 'sightseeing' by Rattawut Lapcharoensap.........

Anyone got any other recommendations for books set in Thailand ? (apart from Private Dancer)

Cheers

Bangkok 8 by John Burdett and the other books in the series as well.

A Nail Through the Heart - Timothy Hallinan

Between those two authors you got about 8 books set in Bangkok.

Bars, Babes & Bimbos - nightlife tales from Bangkok, Pattaya, Angeles City, Manila, Phnom Penh and more - Al Culler

Speeding: sex, drugs and madness in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phnom Penh - Al Culler (fiction)

Enjoy!

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

Thailand Joy by David Young

Thailand Joy is the remarkable story of one girl's descent into the neon world of lost innocence and jaded Desire.

Nong Joy to her friends and family, has undertaken a perilous journey. Armed with nothing but her beauty and wit, she sets out from her small village to find a respectable job in the big city. Bangkok, however, has other plans ...

My personal comment: It is sure a tale I won't forget.

Even Thai Girls Cry by J.F. Gump

The story of Math, who is a beautiful young lady in a mad dash to find herself. What she finds instead is love and death.

My personal comment: One of the best novels out of Pattaya

A history of Thailand by Chris Baker, Christopher John Baker, Pasuk Phongpaichit

This lively, accessible book is the first new history of Thailand in English for two decades.

Drawing on new Thai-language research, it ranges widely over political, economic, social, and cultural themes.

My personal comment: This book was a real eye-opener in so many ways.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

A history of Thailand by Chris Baker, Christopher John Baker, Pasuk Phongpaichit

This lively, accessible book is the first new history of Thailand in English for two decades.

Drawing on new Thai-language research, it ranges widely over political, economic, social, and cultural themes.

My personal comment: This book was a real eye-opener in so many ways.

Thanks for the suggestion - makes a change from the usual 'hard-boiled' detective novels.

Link Below. :GoldenSmile1:

Where?

I have several eBooks regarding said topic. I'd appreciate a few more.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

Where?

I have several eBooks regarding said topic. I'd appreciate a few more.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

third link in my sig.

Well!!! It all depends upon what you are interested in reading. There are plenty of good books from Thai authors too on past of Thailand. Some of my collection are:

1. Behind the picture

2. Child of Northeast

3. Four reigns

4. Letters from Thailand

5. Sightseeing ( You already have this one)

6. The Big Mango

7. A Walk through spring

You can also look at http://www.thaifiction.com/

Saigon sisters is a great book set in patpong in the 70's Really a true story of an American girl who interviews the girls in the bars and befriends a Thai mam who takes her for a ride takes all het cash etc... Really Good book... Any links to free e books or audio books about Thailand would be appreciated