IGNORED

kelly slater

morton173

i was reading the news to day and came across this

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/banzai/surf/feature/-/7993005

first of all here are my thaughts.

he is not the greatest athlete ever, i dont think you can say anyone is the greatest athlete ever there are way to many sports/variables out there and it would take some kind of super human scientest to come up with a formular to pick one man/woman out of millions, that being said i use to surf years ago and know just how hard it is, i play rugby now and can tell those who havent surfed before that being dumped by a big wave will hurt and take the wind out of you just as much as being hit in a big tackle on the rugby park, he is undoubtedly the best at what he does and i hope he does go on to win this year

now guys who is your favourite or who do you think is the best at what they do

for me (not my favourite, he has made NSW look like school boys on to many occasions for me to like him but i do respect him) IMHO he has stood the test of time and is in the same boat as kelly, me comeing from australia and being a rugby league fan the winner is

DARREN LOCKYER

the stats

years playing - 15 and still going

represented his country - 50 times (29 at captain)

represented his state - 32 times (18 at captain)

games for his club - 333

grand final wins - 4

winner of such awards as - 5/8 of the year, full back of the year, golden boots just to name a few

the only thing he hasnt done is received the daily M medal which is a big suprise, and as soon as he retires he will be made an imortal (hall of fame)

r256092_10591001.jpg

Edited by morton173

DARREN LOCKYER;

Darren_Lockyer_Darren_Loc_46a33d2079c75.jpg

Tough, resilient and intelligent, without doubt a great athlete in a tough sport, but not the greatest :D To be honest when I started to produce a short list of people I would pick from it got so long and I still hadn't moved outside rugby league and I am a union man :GoldenSmile1: that I gave up

DARREN LOCKYER;

Darren_Lockyer_Darren_Loc_46a33d2079c75.jpg

Tough, resilient and intelligent, without doubt a great athlete in a tough sport, but not the greatest :D To be honest when I started to produce a short list of people I would pick from it got so long and I still hadn't moved outside rugby league and I am a union man :GoldenSmile1: that I gave up

you hit the nail on the head there mate TOUGH, i know what your saying about the list to many to choose from, im a rugby union man to been playing for 10 years now

im an aussie too and a a huge fan of many sports worldwide, particularly australian sports. my opinion on the best athlete would be michael jordan.