Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Kingfisher, Emirates, or Thai Air?

jojo90

How long is it by boat? Although I do get a bit sea sick :wacko:

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MunterHunter

• FIGO_0710

• chunderground

• kevcov

I fly from B'ham and it is always a 2 hour transfer,, I suppose it all depends on where you fly from

If i cant get decent times i may well consider going from b'ham.

Bit hassle but 2 hours is perfect compared to 8.

If i cant get decent times i may well consider going from b'ham.

Bit hassle but 2 hours is perfect compared to 8.

Emirates have over 20 different combinations of flights

You can usually find one that suites

I find that this combination suits me needs

Emirates.jpg

i fly from manchester emirates july just £5oo on new a380 brill,goin back 28 dec £760 etihad al just avt make do eh . :Offtopic2::Offtopic2:

I have flown with emirates and qatar find them pretty much the same.

Just booked for 6 feb 2011 to 3 march £605 with qatar which i thought

was pretty good through wiser miser agent.

One bit of advice never book direct through the airline you choose always

seems to be more expensive.

Emirates are partners with other airlines where air miles are considered am i right in saying?

thai air have an old fleet of 747s but the ladies and the extra legroom make up for the poor entertainment system.

cant be done with these 16 hr+ flights - eva or thai for me 11.5 hrs is more than long enough

eva uk to bkk is usually £520 sometimes drops to £479 - prefer thai airways when the price is right

eva and thai have the prime landing and take off slots which are worth the extra cash alone.

Edited by chunderground

im going to patts tomorrow morning , i dosent really matter how i am getting there . i will be there in twelve hours . beat that!!!!

BTW i am flying with etihad! :GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1:

im going to patts tomorrow morning , i dosent really matter how i am getting there . i will be there in twelve hours . beat that!!!!

BTW i am flying with etihad! :GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1:

you are right - i would walk if it was the only way there !

thai airways for me,flying direct makes up for good ife.also i hate them stopovers in arab airports.

thai airways for me,flying direct makes up for good ife.also i hate them stopovers in arab airports.

direct flights are the best , but have to tell u a stop over at dubai airport is a treat !...

<EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2.swf?title=Till%20LOS&count=down&time=1314993600000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

One of the biggest advantages with flying Thai is if you have to reschedule your flights. When you are here all you have to do is go to the office on Beach Road near the Dusit and its sorted straight away.

Try doing that with Kingfisher as I have just done its an absolute nightmare.

I normally go back to the UK or Ireland a for a few days at least once a year so as flights from the UK are usually cheaper I get a return from london. The return date I put in is always a guess and 95% of the time I change it.

When booking a flight my requirements for are 12 month return with either no charge for rescheduling the return flight or a reasonable fee for doing so.

The last time I was back I booked a flight and came back with Kingfisher 12 month return no charge for the first change of date £25 for the next one.

I have for the last 10 days been trying to change the return date these are the problems I have had.

It is impossible to change the flight on line you have to go through the call centre in India thats if you can get through or understand what they are saying.

I have been sending emails for the last 10 days most of which they didn't even reply to and when the do its just a standard pre written one refering me to the call centre thats in spite of me telling them in the email I cant get through to the call centre so can they change the date of my return flight.

I have now spent 1800 baht on telephone calls going through their bloody automated call system you know the one where you have to press 1 for this 2 for that 3 etc etc then when I do get through I either cant understand a word they are saying or I have got through to the wrong department, can they transfer me oh no thats not possible I have to redial and start all over again.

I'll just explain something first when I originally booked the flight I thought I may have to go back to the UK end of Sept beginning of Oct so my return flight was booked for next week.

I now no longer need to go back at the moment so what I am now trying to do is change the flight to sometime in May then I will change it again when I know when I will be going back

On the last phone call I finally got someone in the right department that I could understand yes I could change the flight for £100 not free as it originally stated then there would be another £100 plus £25 when I changed it again plus any additional charges if the booking code for the flight was different.

Can I cancel the flight? yes you can cancel the flight on the website. Do I get any money back? only the taxes

By now I had really had enough I hit the roof and told them to stick the fucking flight up their arse I will never fly with Kingfisher again. (10 days of SPAM WORD up frustration)

For me I am going back to Thai yes I agree the planes are getting old now but they are changing them for new ones and I have never had any problems unlike KIngfisher which is a shame really because the flight from Heathrow to Bangkok was good.

If the Kingfisher website allows you to book a flight it should allow you to change the flight online it is possible to do that on their domestic flight but not international ones. It is possible to cancel the flight but not change it.

I have just now been on the website to cancel the flight yes with there is a new option to cancel the flight according to their FAQ the problem is its so new they haven't got it up and running yet.

So back on the phone to the call centre to cancel the flight another 350 baht later and they still haven't canceled the flight because they cant access the details but I think I have been assured it will be canceled later on when the system is running again. Again I only think that is what is going to happen because I only understood about one word in six.

Now I will send another email explaining that I am expecting the flights to be canceled and any moneys due to be refunded to the card that was used in the original booking.

Total call charges have now amounted to around 2150 baht.

After a call to AIS the cheapest prefix to use when calling India is 00500 - 15 baht a minute when I first started calling I used 008.

:Hair_Out1:

Al.

IMO Direct with Thai is the best for me as I drop a pill & sleep most of the flight. :GoldenSmile1:

Travel & flights gives me jet lag so I like it as short as possible.

If its the cheaper flight you want to save some money then Emirates is spot on & I have flown with them a good few times.

Indian airports tend to be hot, crowded & poor so forget Kingfisher.

Eva air has good deals at times & is also direct.

direct flights are the best , but have to tell u a stop over at dubai airport is a treat !...

i have been through dubai twice,on route to bkk,i found it a rip off place.

When are you flying? seems pretty cheap to me. I am flying out the 3rd of december back on 4th january. I booked with Eva direct heathrow-bangkok £640 through dial a flight. Good airline, nice asian hostess and good inflight entertainment. Personally i think they are better than thai airways. Have you check the prices with them? just a thought...

opodo.com always beat dial a flight on price.

If you prefer to book dial a flight through their shop front - just print off opodo quote and they will price match it - or at least go armed with the printed quote before entering the shop premises. Print internet quote just before leaving as dial a flight will check your price on line to make sure it is still a current price.

Edited by chunderground

opodo.com always beat dial a flight on price.

If you prefer to book dial a flight through their shop front - just print off opodo quote and they will price match it - or at least go armed with the printed quote before entering the shop premises. Print internet quote just before leaving as dial a flight will check your price on line to make sure it is still a current price.

thanks for the info mate, one reason i booked with dial a flight is i booked this flight back in march and i only had to pay £50 deposit and the balance only has to be paid 2 months before the flight.

Thanks guys, I've gone for Thai airways in the end. I could say it was the more convenient flight times, or the shorter duration of the flight, or the lack of stopovers....

But honestly it was 'hot Thai air hostesses' that did it for me :).

4293070801_beb72e29d8_z.jpg

I have only flown emirates so cant comment really.

My flight just there was only £540 but had 8 hour stopovers each way in Dubai.

I cant face that again.

Im looking at March next year if all goes well in my job. Emirates want £750 so im gonna shop around this time i think.

Emirates are class. The ICE system kills so much time for me. I cant sleep on planes as for one i cant get comfy being a tall fucker.

hi mate if you ever do get stuck in dubai again..ask for maharbra lounge pay £25 one off fee.. free buffet,coffee soup sandwiches somewhere to get your head down,free booze,showers and a wake up call if you tip waitress couple of quid should you nod orf...p.s dont tell anyone though..its a secret

Emirates have over 20 different combinations of flights

You can usually find one that suites

I find that this combination suits me needs

Emirates.jpg

Nice one.. same out bound flight i got for january same price too, but i had to book with expedia..just enough stop over time at dubai..couldnt do that flight inbound personally 01.35 am, i try to avoid leaving patts in the evening, when you pass all the bars in full swing. :Hair_Out1: .i get the next flight at 09.35am go on the piss all night. :Drunk1: .sleep all the way home ,no traffic to airpot at 5 am either..love emirates trolly dollies too ,from all over the world

know i fly eva air done thai air and some stopover aswell my last stopover 9 hrs delay in a dirty no DIRTY hole in jorden wot a shit hole that place is so 4me nowits strait to los and more time there :Disease1:

MIKE

hi mate if you ever do get stuck in dubai again..ask for maharbra lounge pay £25 one off fee.. free buffet,coffee soup sandwiches somewhere to get your head down,free booze,showers and a wake up call if you tip waitress couple of quid should you nod orf...p.s dont tell anyone though..its a secret

You serious mate?

Is that place open 24hrs?

You serious mate?

Is that place open 24hrs?

yeah, ask for directions its not advertised..i had it from a friend couldnt believe it myself...its on floor 2 you need the lift for it..big sign on reception where you pay.. no sleeping ,but everyone was flat out so i nodded off too, six coffees,couple of beers,loads food got my moneys worth stayed 6 hours..real treat

yeah, ask for directions its not advertised..i had it from a friend couldnt believe it myself...its on floor 2 you need the lift for it..big sign on reception where you pay.. no sleeping ,but everyone was flat out so i nodded off too, six coffees,couple of beers,loads food got my moneys worth stayed 6 hours..real treat

Try this link

Marhaba Lounge