IGNORED

I may be married!

ExpatDave

Hi,

For those who don't know me, I live in Pattaya and have been with my Thai TGF for a while. We have decided to get married....Yeah, I know.... If it helps, she makes good money at her job.

Anyway, I was checking to see what paperwork I need. I saw that I need a copy of my divorce papers.

Well, after contacting the court where we (I thought) filed, there seems to be no record of the divorce. It was done by a quicky divorce place for about 50 bucks. I have a feeling the papers may have been lost. I can't remember all it entailed. I think my Ex is the one who went physically to the court, but, don't remember.

Does anyone the best way to fix this? The divorce was 1990 and I would have a hard time tracking her her down because her name is really common. We were only married a year.

Unfortunately, the Marriage license show up on the search. We got married in Vegas (although I have no memory of it). Go figure.

My folk in the States are helping me see if they can locate it. If not,

does anyone the best way to fix this? The divorce was 1990 and I would have a hard time tracker her down because her name is really common. We were only married a year.

Is there a way I can file in Thailand?

Thanks,

ExpatDave

:D Congratulations :D

My first idea was to only do a local marriage in her village with, without register it

(until you can locate your ex, or go back home and clear up the mess).

Can you contact the office who handled/registered your divorce? (Ooops - are they still in business)?

- ask your Embassy for help? Some are helpful, other not. Do their computer system list you as married or divorced?

If you are listed as divorced, they might have location to the office who handled the divorce in the 90's.

- family member back home that can visit the office where you was divorced, and get transcript from local population office?

In worst case - you're still legally married - and must apply for divorce - without your ex - some Countries use 1 year before the divorce are legal.

Best of luck.

:D Congratulations :D

My first idea was to only do a local marriage in her village with, without register it

(until you can locate your ex, or go back home and clear up the mess).

Can you contact the office who handled/registered your divorce? (Ooops - are they still in business)?

- ask your Embassy for help? Some are helpful, other not. Do their computer system list you as married or divorced?

If you are listed as divorced, they might have location to the office who handled the divorce in the 90's.

- family member back home that can visit the office where you was divorced, and get transcript from local population office?

In worst case - you're still legally married - and must apply for divorce - without your ex - some Countries use 1 year before the divorce are legal.

Best of luck.

Those are some good ideas. I will try to contact the Embassy and see how I am listed.

You will require your divorce papers drop me an email Dave I will send you further information .

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Like your birth certificate, the state that handled your divorce should have the record and for a small fee they will mail it back out to you.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

Good news! My sister went to the courthouse and has my papers! I am divorced after all!

I better enjoy it while I can.

Good news! My sister went to the courthouse and has my papers! I am divorced after all!

I better enjoy it while I can.

Congrats!

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton