Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Folder locker

Blackeye

Been playing around with a folder locker ............

Seems to work great for me .............

Pm if you like to play around with it too..........

:GrinNod1:

Picture 211.jpg

secure as long as you don't tell anyone ya password..........:GoldenSmile1:

secure as long as you don't tell anyone ya password..........:GoldenSmile1:

I always use Thailand for my password. No one has ever guessed it! Bet you can't either! :P

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

If you want to ensure security I'd suggest something which has been proven such as truecrypt (which is also free).

is that the one where you can create a fully hidden file that "mr customs" can't find ?.

Yep, a hidden partition is fairly easy to do as well. The app has a wizard style interface for set up + plenty of guides on the web.

You can even encrypt your whole hard drive if you wanted to.

You can even encrypt your whole hard drive if you wanted to.

Not recommended. Mainly because it tends to screw up the boot stuff.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

Depends on what it is you are 'hiding'. If the police wanted they could prosecute you for failing to hand over passwords to encrypted data. Another option is to use secure online storage however the same 'password' rules apply (and there WILL be a trace back to you somewhere).

For just generally hiding some nudie photographs then a hidden partition or folder encrypted will be plenty.

Not recommended. Mainly because it tends to screw up the boot stuff.

Never had any bother with that here. Have only used it on 2 * XP and 1 * vista laptops for work though.

Depends on what it is you are 'hiding'. If the police wanted they could prosecute you for failing to hand over passwords to encrypted data. Another option is to use secure online storage however the same 'password' rules apply (and there WILL be a trace back to you somewhere).

For just generally hiding some nudie photographs then a hidden partition or folder encrypted will be plenty.

They can't prosecute you for failing to hand over passwords on a hidden partition as they can't prove that it exists. With you that it's not really needed for a few nudie pics.

• 3 months later...

They can't prosecute you for failing to hand over passwords on a hidden partition as they can't prove that it exists. With you that it's not really needed for a few nudie pics.

Would recommend to use Truecrypt file containers as encrypting a partition could be risky for people with limited experience. Also make sure you use the "hidden" feature which allows you to create a encrypted file inside an encrypted file so you basically have two password. If you are forced to reveal your password you give the 'normal one" and Mr customs or who ever will only be able to see the normal stuff you have put in there.

'

Truecrypt is open source and really reliable. I have been using it for years. See also http://news.techworld.com/security/3228701/fbi-hackers-fail-to-crack-truecrypt/

• 1 month later...

A note on passwords:

Use "passphrases" instead.

They're much easier to remember.

EG: "ILOVEMYMOM" is a lot easier to remember than "Xsd54skser" and just as secure.

If you need/want to throw in a number "LUVIT2BITS" or "ILUV2FUKOK".

Kenny