Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Elderly English Resident of Pattaya killed in road accident

benny31

On Saturday Afternoon, an elderly foreign man was killed as he crossed the busy Pattaya Second Road, in front of the Avenue Complex. Police and Rescue Services were called to the scene of the accident which involved a motorbike and a parked car. Khun Supichai aged 34 told Police that he was driving his motorbike from the Bali Hai Port towards Central Pattaya and went to overtake a slow moving Baht Bus in front of Soi 13 and failed to see the foreign man crossing the road. His bike hit the pedestrian who sustained a fatal head trauma and was pronounced dead-at-the-scene. The victims female friend was at the scene but refused to speak to reporters regarding the identity of her partner which has yet to be confirmed. Police arrested the motorbike driver who was not injured, even though he crashed into a stationary vehicle following the collision with the victim. The case is ongoing at this time.

Update 19/09/10

We can confirm that the victim is Mr. Guy Lloyd aged 69 from England. He was a long time resident of Pattaya. We offer our condolences to his family and friends on their tragic loss.

Pattayaone news link

On Saturday Afternoon, an elderly foreign man was killed as he crossed the busy Pattaya Second Road, in front of the Avenue Complex. Police and Rescue Services were called to the scene of the accident which involved a motorbike and a parked car. Khun Supichai aged 34 told Police that he was driving his motorbike from the Bali Hai Port towards Central Pattaya and went to overtake a slow moving Baht Bus in front of Soi 13 and failed to see the foreign man crossing the road. His bike hit the pedestrian who sustained a fatal head trauma and was pronounced dead-at-the-scene. The victims female friend was at the scene but refused to speak to reporters regarding the identity of her partner which has yet to be confirmed. Police arrested the motorbike driver who was not injured, even though he crashed into a stationary vehicle following the collision with the victim. The case is ongoing at this time.

Update 19/09/10

We can confirm that the victim is Mr. Guy Lloyd aged 69 from England. He was a long time resident of Pattaya. We offer our condolences to his family and friends on their tragic loss.

Pattayaone news link

Sad news indeed-without prejudicing what happened I find that some motorbike riders use second road as a racetrack at times. :Circle_Sharks:

Edited by petermik

rip and condolences to the family

unlucky to get killed by a mocy

remember, look out! bikes come from any direction

Member since Dec 06.

Sad indeed although I am surprised that it does not happen more often.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

I passed by on a baht bus while the medics were covering up his body and is was very disturbing. I have been here for a month on this trip and have been amazed by the number of accidents and people killed. A good friend of mine was hurt in an accident about 10 days ago, but he was lucky as it could have been much worse. Last week a Thai man lost control of his motorbike avoiding a car and got run over by a cement truck. Last night I saw them cleaning up a fatal accident up the street from my condo. Even driving is not safe as a baht bus was involved in an accident that killed two people.