Pattaya Live Streams >> Tulip Girls Link Tree | Pattaya Girls Live Facebook | Pattaya Girls Tulip Villa | Nightwish Girls Payment Portal |

IGNORED

Singapore - is it just burma with money?

tomatosoup

Did you know that Singapore has had the same political party in power for more than 50 years? That’s quite impressive. Which leads me to think either they’re very, very good at what they do, or they’re very, very good at stifling any opposition.

Turns out it’s more a case of the latter. I found an article on human rights in Singapore and it’s pretty strong stuff.

Seems the Singapore laws allow for freedom of speech, movement, etc, but in practice you can only say what you like as long as you agree with the government. Guess it doesn’t help that the main media companies are all rather chummy with the main party also. Maybe the ASEAN pact stops countries like Thailand commenting on the likes of Burma and Singapore, when perhaps it ought to?

www.pattaya24seven.com

www.pattaya24seven.com/blog

The ultimate guide to the ultimate resort!

Singapore has real strict laws but I'd rather live in Singapore than Burma.

For a country of 4 million, Singapore is very wealthy. Most people have a nice car, clothes etc and live in fairly good accomadation. Singapore isnt a military government like burma either.

But they also turn a blind eye to P4P. You can go down to Orchard Towers any night of the week and the 4 floors of bars are full of Thai and Filipino free lancers (had a few nights there myself - expensive but some fun to be had).

Edited by Craig_ozz

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

Seems the Singapore laws allow for freedom of speech, movement, etc, but in practice you can only say what you like as long as you agree with the government.

Thailand is no different

It works for Singapore... They have money, clean city, and tons of big businesses operating there. Some other asian countries could take lessons...

Pattaya Diving Pictures ; 2010 Porfolio ; Hot Rod Choppers ; Khao Keow Open Zoo ;

Erawan Museum ; Pim ; Rain ; Sammy & Wan ; Rain & Tum ; Dew ;

Cake & Gik ; Tum ; Bang ; Ladyboy Glam shots

babydollsaddict.gif

My Brain not working already, must to go check soon...

There's no freedom of speech in Singapore.

The political structure is very rigid and backwards. Anal sex is illegal for instance.

I'd say it's the South East Asian Dubai without Islam.

Thai <-> English translations. 100% anonymous and confidential. Cheap rates. Paypal accepted. Email Lek on "patt.areeya@hotmail.com"

The political structure is very rigid and backwards. Anal sex is illegal for instance.

There is freedom of speech in the UK but if the politicians do like what they hear your comments are ignored. I briefly visited Singapore a few years ago and was impressed at the cleanliness everywhere, the standard of living and the crime free environment.

It may be rigid and backwards, but it works. Buggery and sodomy are considered as crimes in many countries and were considered as such until comparatively recently in the UK and Ireland.

When you say anal, you are referring to Gay.

Because surely will law will not apply to straight couples as this can never ever be policed.

Gay is also illegal in Malaysia and Indonesia and many other Arab country's yet female taking up the backside is perfectly acceptable as this is how she is kept as a virgin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

Did you know that Singapore has had the same political party in power for more than 50 years? That’s quite impressive. Which leads me to think either they’re very, very good at what they do, or they’re very, very good at stifling any opposition.

Turns out it’s more a case of the latter. I found an article on human rights in Singapore and it’s pretty strong stuff.

Seems the Singapore laws allow for freedom of speech, movement, etc, but in practice you can only say what you like as long as you agree with the government. Guess it doesn’t help that the main media companies are all rather chummy with the main party also. Maybe the ASEAN pact stops countries like Thailand commenting on the likes of Burma and Singapore, when perhaps it ought to?

If interested, you might want to check out the Discovery channel mini-series, "History of Singapore". http://sgcgo.com/singapore-history/

The transition of power of Singapore from British rule through merger and subsequent separation with Malaysia is quite interesting as Lee Kuan Yew was very savvy. Some of his decisions on things like public housing, transport and embracing of technology (and western companies like HP) are nothing short of brilliant. OTOH, I'm surprised he wasn't killed early on because he fucked over some very powerful people to get there.

I find Singapore fascinating, especially considering that in the same amount of time it took Detroit to go from one of the most affluent cities in the US to a manufacturing ghost-town, Singapore has gone from backwards former colony to one of the richest countries in the world. As for a comparison to Myanmar (Burma), I'd say the family component makes it more like LOS or better yet North Korea with the following exceptions:

1. They embrace capitalism and materialism.
  2. They welcome free trade.
  3. They play neutral (basically the Switzerland of South East Asia).
  4. Lee Kuan Yew isn't a militant socio-path.

Of course this is just one outsider's observations.

Edited by arbiez

I spend a lot of time in Singapore- it is indeed a weird and wonderful place. William Gibson once rather eloquently described it as Disneyland with the Death Penalty. In many respects it is one of the most repressive governments on earth - the laws are harsh, and strictly enforced - and there isn't much freedom of speech. However, it is a genuine democracy. The same party has been in government since independence, and they don't tolerate any dissent - but they are undoubtedly popular. Singapore is a very small but very wealthy country, with one of the highest standards of living in the world. It is a fascinating insight into human nature - give people enough material wealth, and they will happily vote to be repressed.

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

When you say anal, you are referring to Gay.

Because surely will law will not apply to straight couples as this can never ever be policed.

Gay is also illegal in Malaysia and Indonesia and many other Arab country's yet female taking up the backside is perfectly acceptable as this is how she is kept as a virgin.

Hetero anal sex is not condoned in Islam by Shias or Sunni muslims and it is covered by the law in Singapore.

I suppose if you live in Thailand you've already sacraficed a few rights, might as well sacrafice a few more in Singapore.

It may be rigid and backwards, but it works. Buggery and sodomy are considered as crimes in many countries and were considered as such until comparatively recently in the UK and Ireland.

It's rigid because business enjoys stability, markets always fluctuate and fear elections, in Singapore they can be sure the same party will win. I also wouldn't call 40 years ago recent, it was Northern Ireland that straddled behind (for obvious reasons).

On the plus side prostitution is legal in Singapore.

Thai <-> English translations. 100% anonymous and confidential. Cheap rates. Paypal accepted. Email Lek on "patt.areeya@hotmail.com"

Edit: Dupe Post

Also it appears hetero anal and oral have been legal since 2007.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/oct/24/gayrights.uk

Edited by saxondale

Hetero anal sex is not condoned in Islam by Shias or Sunni muslims and it is covered by the law in Singapore.

I suppose if you live in Thailand you've already sacraficed a few rights, might as well sacrafice a few more in Singapore.

It's rigid because business enjoys stability, markets always fluctuate and fear elections, in Singapore they can be sure the same party will win. I also wouldn't call 40 years ago recent, it was Northern Ireland that straddled behind (for obvious reasons).

On the plus side prostitution is legal in Singapore.

I did not use the word 'recent'. I used the term 'comparatively recently'. There is a difference.