Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

VHS tapes to DVD or 2nd hand VHS/PAL VCR

kansuwan

I need to look at some VHS/PAL video tapes (Thai-UK format). Does anyone know where I can buy a new/second-hand VCR or whether TukCom can copy tapes to DVD? (Some degradation of picture quality doesn't matter too much).

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to look at some VHS/PAL video tapes (Thai-UK format). Does anyone know where I can buy a new/second-hand VCR or whether TukCom can copy tapes to DVD? (Some degradation of picture quality doesn't matter too much).

Thanks.

Have you tried the Kodak shops ? They used to do it but not sure now.

Occasionally the auction on Soi Chaiyapruek has second hand VCR's for sale,I'd be interested in knowing if you get this sorted or not.

You are better off having a service do it. Its time consuming and tedious as you have to play the entire tape or portion you wish digitized which means real time. Most services will convert it into a user friendly format and make some attempt to clean up some of the crap that comes over when you move from analog to digital.

You can buy VHS to DVD recorders. This is US based but will give you ideas on what to look for.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

Have you tried the Kodak shops ? They used to do it but not sure now.

Occasionally the auction on Soi Chaiyapruek has second hand VCR's for sale,I'd be interested in knowing if you get this sorted or not.

Auction on Soi Chaiyapruek :Lost1:

Did I miss something in the Newbies guide to Pattaya ????

Or like most things did it completely fly over my head?

Trying to Stay Out Of Trouble, But It Isn't Working

Auction on Soi Chaiyapruek :Lost1:

Did I miss something in the Newbies guide to Pattaya ????

Or like most things did it completely fly over my head?

You're lucky they fly over your head......they usually hit me.

Auction every Saturday at 11am,viewing on Friday,some good stuff and some overpriced junk but worth a visit if you're buying a house/condo and want furniture.

• 2 months later...
Guest small al

Thanks.

If it's not too late, and you have not got it sorted out, then yes TukCom do copy tapes to DVD.

Got several done, from old VHS TAPES when I was there in August.4TH.Floor step off escalator and straight ahead into the top corner, lady called NOK, her shop sells computer accessories, but has a friend who does the copying. Absolutely excellent reproduction, at if I remember correctly 500 baht per tape/DVD.