IGNORED

NIKON D 500 ADVICE

andycat

Hello guys just invested in a nikon d500 will be the first time i have used a SLR just wondered if any one as any useful

advise,or tips for starting off with. much appreciated.

There are a good few top photographers on this board, and I'm not one of them, but I do have a Nikon D50 DSLR

If you're new to SLR's, I would start with taking pics just using the Auto setting. The camera will think for itself and your pics will be OK.

After a while try using the manual settings (i.e. aperture priority and shutter speed priority) and just mess around taking lots of pics and see what results you get.

I know I've not said much, but I hope it helps

Cheers

Tony

Hello guys just invested in a nikon d500 will be the first time i have used a SLR just wondered if any one as any useful

advise,or tips for starting off with. much appreciated.

D500 or D5000?

FlipperSoi8

There are a good few top photographers on this board, and I'm not one of them, but I do have a Nikon D50 DSLR

If you're new to SLR's, I would start with taking pics just using the Auto setting. The camera will think for itself and your pics will be OK.

After a while try using the manual settings (i.e. aperture priority and shutter speed priority) and just mess around taking lots of pics and see what results you get.

I know I've not said much, but I hope it helps

Cheers

Tony

cheers mate, thanks

Have a look at these couple of links.......

Ken Rockwell - D5000

Thom Hogan - D5000

You may pick up some tips from these, but as derbytony said, just set out on the P mode and experiment from there. Maybe buy a few camera magazines and read through them. If you are in the UK then have a look on CH5 tonight at 7.30pm a programme/series called How to Take Stunning Photographs. Worth watching anyway just coz Suzie Perry is in it!!!!

Cheers,

FlipperSoi8

Have a look at these couple of links.......

Ken Rockwell - D5000

Thom Hogan - D5000

You may pick up some tips from these, but as derbytony said, just set out on the P mode and experiment from there. Maybe buy a few camera magazines and read through them. If you are in the UK then have a look on CH5 tonight at 7.30pm a programme/series called How to Take Stunning Photographs. Worth watching anyway just coz Suzie Perry is in it!!!!

Cheers,

FlipperSoi8

cheers flipper,nice one. Thanks

Just be sure to read the book that came with your Nikon and you don't have anything to worry about. The most important thing is that you know your camera and how it works and you can't just find out, you really need to sit down and read the damn book. Many people forget or don't want to get involved in that bacic thing and very soon they get bored because they are not in control of their photography and really don't have a clue what they are doing.

Just be sure to read the book that came with your Nikon and you don't have anything to worry about. The most important thing is that you know your camera and how it works and you can't just find out, you really need to sit down and read the damn book. Many people forget or don't want to get involved in that bacic thing and very soon they get bored because they are not in control of their photography and really don't have a clue what they are doing.

Point taken, Thanks.