IGNORED

Comfortable Bed

La Muerte

Gents,

On my last visit to Patts, I stayed in Mr. Dancewatcher's VIP condo. I quite liked it, for many reasons as I mentioned in a trip report, one of which was the extremely high-quality comfortable bed. I slept really well during my stay, and it had a major impact on my energy level and overall enjoyment of my holidays. Actually I think all of my guests were very happy to fall asleep there as well. So I've decided that the quality of the bed is a very important criteria in selecting a hotel/condo/guesthouse. Let's hear some of your reviews of places you've stayed and the quality of the bed - both good and bad.

LM

P.S. - Mods, if this has been done before, please delete/combine with my apologies

I was about to start a thread about the same thing, but slanted a different way.

Mine was going to be,"Why are the majority of beds in LOS so fucking hard?"

Last trip Au 2010 I found some places where it would have been softer on the floor.

Woke up most mornings with sore hips or a bad back and yes it took half a day to get over it.

OK these "firm" beds may be OK for the horizontal folk dance, but WTF, I do use mine to try and sleep as well.

I would be very interested in a list of places all over LOS that have comfortable beds.

I was about to start a thread about the same thing, but slanted a different way.

Mine was going to be,"Why are the majority of beds in LOS so fucking hard?"

Last trip Au 2010 I found some places where it would have been softer on the floor.

Woke up most mornings with sore hips or a bad back and yes it took half a day to get over it.

OK these "firm" beds may be OK for the horizontal folk dance, but WTF, I do use mine to try and sleep as well.

I would be very interested in a list of places all over LOS that have comfortable beds.

55555, yeah, that's rather direct but 100% agreed. I love the guest houses in the LK Metro area, but having stayed in 3 different ones I have to say it's difficult to sleep well on those mattresses. Not to come of like some sort of princess, but good sleep = good energy = good decision-making = overall better time. It's worth the extra baht in my opinion. I look forward to hopefully reading some additional input.

LM

nova platinum hotel in south pattaya has very good beds, bit of a pricey hotel though

On my last visit to Patts, I stayed in Mr. Dancewatcher's VIP condo. I quite liked it, for many reasons as I mentioned in a trip report, one of which was the extremely high-quality comfortable bed. I slept really well during my stay, and it had a major impact on my energy level and overall enjoyment of my holidays. Actually I think all of my guests were very happy to fall asleep there as well. So I've decided that the quality of the bed is a very important criteria in selecting a hotel/condo/guesthouse. Let's hear some of your reviews of places you've stayed and the quality of the bed - both good and bad.

LM

P.S. - Mods, if this has been done before, please delete/combine with my apologies

Similar Topic with replies , so maybe something in it for You

My link

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

hi lads

i would just like to put forward the diana in hotel for good beds but only the new pool side wing i do think that you get what you pay for if you are only paying 600 to 900 baht high season then you can not hope to get the same bed you get if you pay 1,300 up wards

Jasmin beds are very comfortable if a little on the soft side. Secrets is just right about the best you can hope for for under 1000baht per night. Some of the cheaper under 700 baht rooms in Walking Street have ridiculously hard beds, the one up from Secrets (Green Hill?) gets my vote for worst beds. They are rock hard.

The only place I have been lucky enough to find a soft bed was at Sheraton Laguna on Phuket.

All the rest everywhere I have been over the last 8 years were hard.

So no point making a list, it would be rather long if I could remember them all.

Gents,

LM

I started a similar threat except I was looking to buy one since I now live here after first coming 30 yrs. ago. The absolutely best bed I ever slept in was in a room over Tim's Bar Beer & Go-go, across from the Lek hotel. Rooms there run from about 800 THB & up, all with jacuzzis, some even in the living room. There about 80 dancers, & other service girls available, & a discount if you BF one of there's. They have it all, Internet cafe, maybe 10 pool tables, & cuties that will play pool with your if your alone. I'm a along time friend was even in business with her & husband back it the 80's. After moving into our condo I found the bed provided was unacceptable. I checked with Tim herself to find out where I could buy the very same mattress, in fact I sent my wife there to go up with a maid to get the name & company.

She told me I would have to buy it in Bangkok, but since she is adding another 75 rooms to Tim's Boutique hotel she'd give me one if I could wait. Although I have even lived with her, husband, & kids in a shop house I helped build, I have never stayed there, I hear the cheapest room is 4,500 THB a night.But I highly recommend the rooms over the go-go bar the to anyone looking for a really good bed with access to maybe 120 BG & dancers just 2 stair wells below.

Edited by dillpickles