IGNORED

Jasmine Hotel

gulls123

Hello Pattaya Gurus,

I was thinking about staying at the Jasmine hotel during my upcoming trip in October. After doing some research on different forums I found some positive reviews (good location, clean rooms, friendly staff, afffordable, etc.) and some negative reviews (noisy, Lady Boy "haunt", etc.)

Some of these reviews are a bit old, so I wanted to know if anybody has stayed here recently. Any and all opinions will be much appreciated.

Also, if you happen to have any pics of the rooms that would be helfpul as well (I do not always trust the pics on the website).

thanks a lot

--gulls--

Stayed there last December for 1 night when I was completely stuck for somewhere to stay. Although reasonably clean it was very mediocre, also a funny smell in the room. IMO there are better places for the same money.

EDIT: Assume that you mean the one on Buakhow near LK Metro?

Edited by beeline

Jasmine hotel is on Soi BJ, Beeline is referring to Jasmine Mansion. I've stayed at Jasmine hotel many times for the location, just off Walking Street. Rooms are small and basic, but clean and the hotel is just 5 years old. There are no phones, or pool, but hotel is very guest friendly and bringing two girls in is no problem. Yes, there are some lady boy bars on Soi BJ, but the hotel is quiet and reasonably priced at 600-800 depending on season. There are similarly priced rooms in the area, but many have bugs. The biggest negative are the towels. Here's a showgirl from Happy A GoGo modeling one of the rooms.

happyshowgirl2.jpg

Edited by Piece Corp

Retired

Stayed at the Jasmine hotel, Soi BJ, for 2 weeks last November and will be staying there again for this upcoming trip. If you check their updated website (www.jasminehotel-pattaya.com) you'll notice an indoor pool and bar area is now complete.

As to ladyboys, i never had any problems with them going back to the hotel, no matter what time of day or night. My room looked out onto Walking Street and never heard any noise late at night.

Pattaya 2009 022.jpg

Pattaya 2009 034.jpg

Pattaya 2009 045.jpg

View from balcony

Pattaya 2009 047.jpg

Hope this helps.

Indoor pool? I have stayed at Jasmines many times but cannot recall a pool area? What floor is it on?

I will be staying there in October for a few days and have no problems in the past. The beds are nice and bouncy and if you don't stay on the first floor there is no problem with the noise downstairs.

The staff are some of the friendliest I have encountered

Indoor pool? I have stayed at Jasmines many times but cannot recall a pool area? What floor is it on?

A large tub has been installed in what was previously a go-go adjacent to the lobby.

A large tub has been installed in what was previously a go-go adjacent to the lobby.

the women who runs it was married to a english guy ,rooms are a bit small but its cheap,,,,jasmin manisons.jpg

the women who runs it was married to a english guy ,rooms are a bit small but its cheap,,,,jasmin manisons.jpg

I know the guys who own the Jasmine hotel personally, one is Thai and the other is Norwegian, last time I spoke to the Norwegian guy about his staff, they were all relatives of the Thai guy ????

They recently added some more rooms to the top floor and have installed an elevator, it is not operational last I spoke to him, he is awaiting an operational certificate for it.

Good chance I will see Puul the Norwegian guy this afternoon, might enquire as to the lift situation.

:Chokdee:

Bam Bam

Edited by Bam_Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

I know the guys who own the Jasmine Hotel personally, one is Thai and the other is Norwegian, last time I spoke to the Norwegian guy about his staff, they were all relatives of the Thai guy ????

They recently added some more rooms to the top floor and have installed an elevator, it is not operational last I spoke to him, he is awaiting an operational certificate for it.

Good chance I will see Puul the Norwegian guy this afternoon, might enquire as to the lift situation.

Bam Bam

if its the same hotel in soi baukaow the wife must have sold it. the previous owner was a guy called kevin, he used to write a blog aboute running the hotel, i think he opened a fish shop after the divorce... crossed wires... jasmine hotel & jasmin mansions two different hotels. i should better buy some glasses........or drink less.

Edited by flynn

Please ask him to get better towels, and the laundry they outsource to cuts corners on the rinse cycle, so laundry comes back smelling like detergent. Otherwise, a good place to stay.

Retired

Here's a showgirl from Happy A GoGo modeling one of the rooms.

happyshowgirl2.jpg

:Drink4: is this the right excuse for BF this girl ???? Must say that she isn't looking like a real showgirl to me. Or must be that make up and dark lights in a gogo can to miracles!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Please ask him to get better towels, and the laundry they outsource to cuts corners on the rinse cycle, so laundry comes back smelling like detergent. Otherwise, a good place to stay.

Yeah the towels are pretty bad, sometimes as bad or worse than a short time rooms towel.

I stayed there 2 years ago, everything ok. The only bad thing is that hotel has not safety box in the room. You need to go to reception to use safety box with two keys, one take you and the other key stay in reception.

• 1 month later...

I've been at Jasmine hotel many times, i go there because is close to Walking Street and very guest friendly.

Rooms are clean, not noisy and cheap. Towels sometimes have bad smell...

:hello09:

Stayed at the Jasmine Hotel, Soi BJ, for 2 weeks last November and will be staying there again for this upcoming trip. If you check their updated website (www.jasminehotel-pattaya.com) you'll notice an indoor pool and bar area is now complete.

As to ladyboys, i never had any problems with them going back to the hotel, no matter what time of day or night. My room looked out onto Walking Street and never heard any noise late at night.

Pattaya 2009 022.jpg

Pattaya 2009 034.jpg

Pattaya 2009 045.jpg

View from balcony

Pattaya 2009 047.jpg

Hope this helps.

What kind of room is this? Superior or superior+??

:hello09:

ill be stayin there for 30 days in jan and i looks pretty ok! indoor pool in the bar area! laundry service/airport pick up/ no joiner fees/girl friendly

everything you need for reasonable rates and Walking Street right on the door step

To become old and wise you must first be young and stupid!!!

if its the same hotel in soi baukaow the wife must have sold it. the previous owner was a guy called kevin, he used to write a blog aboute running the hotel, i think he opened a fish shop after the divorce... crossed wires... jasmine hotel & jasmin mansions two different hotels. i should better buy some glasses........or drink less.

It's not in Soi Buakaow, it's in Soi BJ off Walking Street, I was with Puul again this afternoon, the lift is operational and has been for a while.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

• 1 month later...

thanks for all the info,

Had this one on my mind a while and I'll be trying it out as well next month. The Norwegian owner does sound very cool and arranged late check-out at no extra charge.

Anyone seen the difference between Superior and Superior + ?

I was wondering if it's worth the upgrade...

Vince

thanks for all the info,

Had this one on my mind a while and I'll be trying it out as well next month. The Norwegian owner does sound very cool and arranged late check-out at no extra charge.

Vince

I've stayed in Delux and Superior in the last couple of years and from what I gather the Superior + are bigger and thats about the only difference.

thanks for all the info,

Vince

Stayed there in november.

Superior+ have nice balcony on top floor with view.

Superior have balcony with no view for many of them.

In the superior+, the sink to wash you teeth is in the bedroom instead of the bathroom. Stupid thing...

Mastresses are very poor, as the towels.

No safe in room.

Well, let's say it's not a 5 stars...

But it cheap and IN the action. That's great.

A little freshfarm FL modeling the room :-)

DSC00503.JPG

Stayed there in november.

Superior+ have nice balcony on top floor with view.

Superior have balcony with no view for many of them.

In the superior+, the sink to wash you teeth is in the bedroom instead of the bathroom. Stupid thing...

Mastresses are very poor, as the towels.

No safe in room.

Well, let's say it's not a 5 stars...

But it cheap and IN the action. That's great.

A little freshfarm FL modeling the room :-)

The freelancer does lighten up that room a bit :)

I'll just stay with the Deluxe then. Was not expecting for 5 Star at that price of course but just something decent enough to setup camp for 3 days, might even be a slight upgrade from the White Inn I was last year..

Thanks for the time

Edited by Marvin Nash

Popped in to look at the rooms today during my morning beach walk (nothing better to do!). A pleasant girl gave me the key to a second-floor room which was medium-price for monthly rental.

Dark corridors. Clean new elevator.

I dont know what the smell in the room was but it was truly evil, though oddly after a few seconds I couldn't smell it any more.

Large cigarette burn on the bedspread. Lovely view of some water tanks and another hotel about 2 metres away. Decent shower area. Room was clean but "tired". Big fridge. Hot plate. Sink.

There was a attractive indoor pool in the gloomy bar area but I dont imagine it gets much use as anyone swimming there is in full view of the reception area and the entrance. Maybe some people like that.

My main concern is the potential noise from the surrounding bars/action, though of course in the morning it was quiet enough.

Stayed there a few times, First time was about 3 years ago and most recently was in October. Reasonably priced, good location, clean rooms, decent shower, friendly staff, noise from Walking Street has not been a problem for me, loudest din was when I stayed in a room at the front on the 3rd floor one time. Points made about dark corridors and bad smelling towels are true (Can you imagine a piss mixed with garlic smell??....lol). Aprat from that pretty decent. I have no problems with the ladyboy bars outside, however, they are noticable. But just ignor them, nay worries

<EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2.swf?title=Pattaya%20Arrival&count=down&time=1299270600000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">