IGNORED

Belgian Candy Store

philkrenshaw

The Belgian Candy Store is in a strip mall on the West side of 2nd Road a little way North of Mike’s Mall. I happened to stop there in mid-July on what I found was their opening day. It is run by a husband and wife who moved to Pattaya. They had a Thai sign girl or two on the 2nd street sidewalk, since it was opening day and the place isn’t obvious from the street. I don’t know if the Thai girls will eventually work in the store or not. There is a parking lot for the strip mall.

They don’t actually sell Belgian Candy. They sell Belgian Waffles, fruit coated with Belgian chocolate, candy apples and what we call “cotton candy” in the US (spun sugar).

The waffles are fresh and hot. You can get them plain or coated with chocolate sauce or whipped cream. They import the waffle batter from Belgium (I’m not sure what’s so special about it that you can’t make it from scratch) along with the chocolate. My first visit I had a waffle with chocolate. I returned again before I left town and had a plain waffle. These are more for a dessert than breakfast. I didn’t try the chocolate covered fruit.

I don’t know if there’s anywhere else in town serving Belgian waffles, but if you like them there is now a source.

Belgian.jpg

I was staying in Soi-10 noticed it a few times during my food sessions at Kiss cafe. But to be honest, I have different type of candy on mind in Pattaya. LOL :GoldenSmile1: