Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sawasdee Pattaya Hotel

philkrenshaw

The Sawasdee Pattaya hotel is on Soi Diana Inn, directly across the street from the LK Metropole hotel. Soi Diana runs from 2nd Road (at about Mike’s Mall) to Buakow. The Sawasdee is on the South side of the road, near the Buakow end. Being in the LK Metro area, it is convenient to Lolita’s, Devil’s Den, Champaign and Oasis gogos, (and I think the new-since-I-was-there Office gogo). Baht Busses run both North and South on Buakow. If you walk down to 2nd Road there are North bound Baht Busses. Also Mike’s Mall. So it is easy to get around town from there.

It’s clean, comfortable and cheap. I stayed two nights @ 600 Baht/night, payable in advance. In addition there was a 500 Baht key deposit, returned at check out. Breakfast is included. If you stay longer, I don’t know how much would be payable in advance.

The room is not huge, but large enough. Air conditioning is good and the bed is comfortable. The room has a telephone. It has a TV (not-flat panel, maybe 20 inches) which I didn’t use. There is a fairly large bathroom, but it is vented to the un-air conditioned hallway, so if you want to cool down your room you need to keep the bathroom door closed and let the bathroom be warm.

There was a small refrigerator and they provided two small bottles of water per day. I don’t think there is a swimming pool, but I didn’t look for one. The room was quiet. The view out the window was of the building wall next door.

There was no in-room safe. I had to leave my stuff in a safe deposit box at reception. That is the major reason I wouldn’t stay here for an entire visit. The safe deposit boxes are not available after midnight. I had to leave VERY early for he airport, so I left a request for a wakeup call. It turned out to be a knock on the door, even though there was a phone in the room.

For the complimentary breakfast, you get to choose Asian or Western. I chose Western—generic egg based breakfast with a sausage that looked like a small, boiled hot dog (didn’t eat it). They didn’t offer an option on egg choice, they were fried. I guess you can’t complain when it’s free, but I was spoiled by Canterbury Tales Café breakfasts which were better.

Since there are many guesthouses in the area, for the same or less cost, how does this compare? I’ve only stayed at Canterbury Tales but, assuming the other guesthouses are similar:

Pluses

• Room cleaned every day

• 24 hour lobby/reception

• Wake up call available

• Travel service in lobby

• Free bottled water

• Free breakfast

• Very good air conditioning

Minuses

• Smaller room

• Bathroom open to un-airconditioned hallway

• Smaller refrigerator

• No room safe

• Less personal service

• Costs a little more, (at least more than Canterbury Tales)

If I stayed in the same area again, I’d choose a guesthouse (the gamebreaker for me would be the in room safe). I stayed here at the end of my trip because I needed to head out to the airport at about 3:30 AM and the 24 hour reception let me check out in the early hours. Depending on what you're looking for your choice might be the opposite of mine.

Edited by philkrenshaw

Sorry, no photo, but it's somewhere on the left side of the street in this pic of Soi Diana Inn.

Diana.jpg

It's not a very impressive building, considering it is across the street from the exquisite LK Metropole. It's kind of packed in shoulder to shoulder with the other buildings. I think it has it's own parking ramp behind. The rooms are very clean and freshly decorated. The lobby is large but, I think, open to the outside and not air conditioned. I don't remember any of it looking shabby.

I should add that the Sawasdee Pattaya does have an elevator.

This is the Metropole, across the street, taken out the window of 2nd floor of Sawasdee Pattaya.

LK Metropole.jpg

• 2 months later...

I stayed at Sawasdee Siam hotel last weekend directly opposite Pooks Bar.

The hotel is one of the worst.There was alot of Russians and Indians staying there.

I was surrounded by Indians that banged on the doors all hours of the night.

The room was rather small, the air con did not work properly, phone was broken and not hot water or very little water for the shower.

I could not wait to get out of there. I paid for 4 nights but after the second night checked out and went to another hotel.

It is true about the breakfast but I was not interested as I got up after 11 AM.

Edited by Millard
Derogatory remarks against Indians removed.

dude, sorry, but you're talking about a different place. Your's (sawasdee Siam) is on Soi Bukhao (not far, admittedly) whereas the OP was about the Sawasdee Pattaya on soi Diana.

Maybe open an extra thread and a mod can move your post?

• 5 months later...

I also stayed 1 night at Sawasdee Pattaya in january and was quite satisfied with low price and lift and aircon and breakfast.

You cannot expect luxury at these prices but I certainly did not have any complaints.

I paid 21 EUR per night in january high season via otel.com that gives 5% cashback.

OMG that video is shocking!

The bathroom was so small, the shower was over the toilet.

Dude pay an extra 400b and stay somewhere half decent.