IGNORED

Will a Strong Baht keep you away?

Helios

It won't dissuade me at all. Thailand is still the best return on investment for finding paid horizontal refreshment.

Cheers,

-ZGF

With every drop, I'm a little less likely to go. Since the beginning of the year, I guess I'm 10% less likely to go. I'm starting to think about the region as a whole, and maybe exploring Cambodia or Burma.

I enjoy Thailand, but for me it is mostly a budget destination. I think girls are hotter in some other countries. Thailand still compares favorably cost wise, but the 'good value' slogan is slowly becoming false.

I know many people are not in the same circumstances, but for me not only does the exchange rate suck, but the plane ticket prices seem to only go up as well. $1200 just to get to Thailand can be spend so much better. Just for the flight to Thailand, I can have fun in Colombia for a week for $1200 total, including the flight.

Basically, for me Thailand is only worth it if I go for a month or longer, I think. Otherwise the cost of getting there just makes your average cost/day just as big as other destinations.

With every drop, I'm a little less likely to go. Since the beginning of the year, I guess I'm 10% less likely to go. I'm starting to think about the region as a whole, and maybe exploring Cambodia or Burma.

I enjoy Thailand, but for me it is mostly a budget destination. I think girls are hotter in some other countries. Thailand still compares favorably cost wise, but the 'good value' slogan is slowly becoming false.

I know many people are not in the same circumstances, but for me not only does the exchange rate suck, but the plane ticket prices seem to only go up as well. $1200 just to get to Thailand can be spend so much better. Just for the flight to Thailand, I can have fun in Colombia for a week for $1200 total, including the flight.

Basically, for me Thailand is only worth it if I go for a month or longer, I think. Otherwise the cost of getting there just makes your average cost/day just as big as other destinations.

You can get squashed easy in Colombia.

inmybelly-.gif

In My Belly

No, if it goes under 4o bht to the £ i might reconsider then.Theres lots of ways to stop from spending too much bht,if youre disciplined enough that is.My biggest vices are drink and obviously girls ,must have these every night :Party1: ,if i can maybe cut 1 night a week,go cinema or something ill spend no more than i did when it was 55bht to £,,its bloody hard though :D

Edited by phantom51red

I'm not ready to bow out of the Pattaya bandwagon till the Baht reaches a strengh of biblical proportions!

If it means taking more bar girls over go-go girls, or even cutting my holiday shorter than normal by a day or two, then thats the price I'm willing to pay.

As soon as I am back from Pattaya I am planning my next visit .. and inbetween visits I think about Pattaya 20 or more times a day..whats the alternative..? A smelly helmet from Big Brenda the barmaid at the Dog and Duck..? No thanks.

My name is Soi 69 and I'm a Pattaya-holic :GoldenSmile1: