Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Want to buy used bike fr under 20 000

kuffki

I am looking to buy a used bike for under 20 000 baht

I do not care about brand, color or model, as long as it has all the papers and in good running condition.

So if anyone wants to sell bike or know someone wanting to sell, i need to buy.

If you have a bike with trailer-that would be ideal and i am happy to pay more for the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

I am looking to buy a used bike for under 20 000 baht

I do not care about brand, color or model, as long as it has all the papers and in good running condition.

So if anyone wants to sell bike or know someone wanting to sell, i need to buy.

If you have a bike with trailer-that would be ideal and i am happy to pay more for the trailer

I assume you are looking for a scooter? wave click nuovo?

I assume you are looking for a scooter? wave click nuovo?

Sorry little clarificiation . i did not mean a trailer to put the bike on, i meant the side car. or side trailer or side cage.

Bike is to be used for taking my animals for the daily walks.

Dave from Mai Pang just bought over a dozen more and some from the Kilkenny round at Metro who is selling his and he said he still had more and they were around that sort of money.

Edited by Daveo

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Try the auctions opposite Threppesit markets. I haven't been myself but intend on going as have heard it worth it. I think they're on every Friday evening and viewing is open during the day. Will be going there this friday myself.

Edited by crazyman

Try the auctions opposite Threppesit markets. I haven't been myself but intend on going as have heard it worth it. I think they're on every Friday evening and viewing is open during the day. Will be going there this friday myself.

Don't waste your time crazyman,they stopped doing them at Threapasit in February.Although I've heard that these people do have a selection of bikes for auction www.pattayaauctionhouse.com They're out near Naklua somewhere,never been but I'm hearing reasonable things about the place and the prices.

Sorry forgot to add contact details.

post-2887-020786000 1284289110red3.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Don't waste your time crazyman,they stopped doing them at Threapasit in February.Although I've heard that these people do have a selection of bikes for auction www.pattayaauctionhouse.com They're out near Naklua somewhere,never been but I'm hearing reasonable things about the place and the prices.

Cheers for that info saved me a wasted trip. I'll check out the site now.

All good now guys, thanks for all your help.

Today picked up a great bike from Kessaya for a really good price. So thank you Kessaya for the bike and for being a top bloke.

My dogs now will be very happy as they will get to see Pattaya and may be pick me up a few girlies-LOL

PS.I love the bike so much, that i do not really want to turn it into a dog carrier, may be will have to buy another one :GoldenSmile1:

Anymore bikes Kessaya?

Apologies if this isn't precisely on topic, but it might be of interest re the dog transport angle.

This conversion cost 4 - 5000 baht (the bike cost 3000).

I can get a contact number if anyone is interested.

I think the guy who does it is in Soi Siam Country Club.

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1438.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1442.JPG

IMG_1444.JPG

Apologies if this isn't precisely on topic, but it might be of interest re the dog transport angle.

This conversion cost 4 - 5000 baht (the bike cost 3000).

I can get a contact number if anyone is interested.

I think the guy who does it is in Soi Siam Country Club.

This is exactly what i am planning to do. The only thing is from what i know that cage cost her 10 000 baht.

But if you could get the number, that would be great.

Also how do you know she paid 5000? Because she fixes the bike at my mates shop and she told him 10 000

This is exactly what i am planning to do. The only thing is from what i know that cage cost her 10 000 baht.

But if you could get the number, that would be great.

Also how do you know she paid 5000? Because she fixes the bike at my mates shop and she told him 10 000

You know well enough what Thai ladies say. I can only tell you what she/they told me.

My friend has known her farang husband (who paid for it) for many years.

He told us that the whole thing cost 7k (3k bike and 4k conversion). She said she would get me the guy's business card if I needed it.

I asked the husband if she'd be looking for a % and he said no, she'd just give me the number.

The 4k included a manual hand gear shift, so if it was an auto or semi-auto it might be cheaper.

I said 4-5k in the post because, as you know, if farang walk in the shop the price might be different.

I enquired once about a sidecar and it was around 5k, so I don't see why this should be 10k. Maybe she wanted to impress someone. I can't think of any reason why they would lie about it to me/my friend but you wouldn't know for sure until you went to the shop.

Anyway, I'll contact my friend later today and ask him to chase up the card/number.

I don't know if it would pay to try to involve her beyond that or not.

You know well enough what Thai ladies say. I can only tell you what she/they told me.

My friend has known her farang husband (who paid for it) for many years.

He told us that the whole thing cost 7k (3k bike and 4k conversion). She said she would get me the guy's business card if I needed it.

I asked the husband if she'd be looking for a % and he said no, she'd just give me the number.

The 4k included a manual hand gear shift, so if it was an auto or semi-auto it might be cheaper.

I said 4-5k in the post because, as you know, if farang walk in the shop the price might be different.

I enquired once about a sidecar and it was around 5k, so I don't see why this should be 10k. Maybe she wanted to impress someone. I can't think of any reason why they would lie about it to me/my friend but you wouldn't know for sure until you went to the shop.

Anyway, I'll contact my friend later today and ask him to chase up the card/number.

I don't know if it would pay to try to involve her beyond that or not.

LOL, yeah Thai lady's

I was also quoted 5000 for a side car. She may of told the shop in hope to make some money.

Anyhow, number would be great, and i can then update the thread on the real price for farang if anyone else was also looking or thinking

Cheers

The other thought process I was going through was an articulated trailer such as is commonplace in Cambodia.

For those who haven't been there, the tuktuks there consist of a motor bike with bracketing from the rear frame to above the pillion seat and a mounting plate on top using the same principle as a 5th Wheel pick up or truck. The passenger carrying trailer then simply drops onto the mounting plate.

They are quite narrow and squeeze through the traffic quite easily.

Obviously for dogs the trailer could be a lot smaller, lighter and lower than the Cambodian ones for 4+ passengers. Keeping the height down (effectively just a cage on wheels would also make it much more stable and cheap.

The big advantage I saw with that is that :-

1) The rider can still lean the bike through corners as normal; and

2) The trailer/passenger part can simply be unhitched and the bike used as a solo machine, albeit the pillion isn't usable without removing the bracketing.

3)If you want to replace the bike you still have a standard bike to dispose of and then just transfer the bracketing to the new one.

Just a thought.

Hopefully I'll get that number today or tomorrow.

The other thought process I was going through was an articulated trailer such as is commonplace in Cambodia.

For those who haven't been there, the tuktuks there consist of a motor bike with bracketing from the rear frame to above the pillion seat and a mounting plate on top using the same principle as a 5th Wheel pick up or truck. The passenger carrying trailer then simply drops onto the mounting plate.

They are quite narrow and squeeze through the traffic quite easily.

Obviously for dogs the trailer could be a lot smaller, lighter and lower than the Cambodian ones for 4+ passengers. Keeping the height down (effectively just a cage on wheels would also make it much more stable and cheap.

The big advantage I saw with that is that :-

1) The rider can still lean the bike through corners as normal; and

2) The trailer/passenger part can simply be unhitched and the bike used as a solo machine, albeit the pillion isn't usable without removing the bracketing.

3)If you want to replace the bike you still have a standard bike to dispose of and then just transfer the bracketing to the new one.

Just a thought.

Hopefully I'll get that number today or tomorrow.

Edge, I know you and I have butted heads a few times, but as some who has fabricated a lot of different things over the years and I consider myself a bit of an ideas man, that is actually quite a good idea, if the mounting holes for the sissy / grab bar were used to mount the towing bracket, than the pillion seat would still be usable.

Any good fabricator should be able to do it right.

:Think1:

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Edge, I know you and I have butted heads a few times, but as some who has fabricated a lot of different things over the years and I consider myself a bit of an ideas man, that is actually quite a good idea, if the mounting holes for the sissy / grab bar were used to mount the towing bracket, than the pillion seat would still be usable.

Any good fabricator should be able to do it right.

:Think1:

Bam Bam

Hi stranger,

Yes you're right.

In fact for the purpose of towing a few dogs around you might even get away with adapting a Givi luggage rack.

It is, as I suspect you know, the nose weight of the trailer draw bar which is key.

What I was trying to describe was how the Cambodians do it for the purpose of carrying 4+ passengers positioned fairly high off the ground in a heavy trailer and the nose weight that can generate from a 2 wheel axle when braking. They are quite well balanced to nearly zero nose weight when standing.

The bracketing isn't that complicated, but it takes the weight not only on the rear subframe but also down to the swing arm pivot point I believe. The rear subframe of even a big bike is not at all strong. A big Yamaha Super Tenere is only rated at 5 kg.

The Cambodian bracketing looks very simple when it's in front of you, but I couldn't draw it I'm afraid.

For dogs carried low to the ground in a much lighter trailer/cage, I don't think nose weight would a big issue at all, so yes, you could probably have the mounting point further back, as long as that didn't give the dogs the option to lift your front wheel off the ground. :GoldenSmile1:

Btw, have you noticed that, apart from boats, Thais don't generally tow anything. They would prefer to stack goods in/on a pickup so high it rolls over or breaks the springs before they would think of using a trailer.

Someone suggested that they wouldn't be able to reverse them as all the mirrors are set for picking their noses and spots, but that can't be true. I must say I don't notice many of them reversing on mirrors and I suppose it would double the number of guys needed with whistles if they had trailers.

I rambled.

Edge,

The Nose weight as you put it is critical in the building of trailers, of which I have built many, from motor bike trailers, too camping trailers, that will carry a small aluminium boat mounted on the top and enough stuff for a family of 4 to camp for up to a month and approaching a gross weight of up to 2 tonnes.

In essenence, what you need to acheive in the design, is to have 60% of the weight that is being carried forward of the axle and 40% of it behind the axle, you neither want the trailer lifting the rar wheel off the ground, nor do you want it applying too much downward pressure to the rear wheel, basically just enough to keep the towing point coupled with a minimal downward force.

In saying that, something as mobile as dogs is a tall order, unlike a horse float as we call them in Oz, where the animal is tethered at the front and can't turn around, dogs can and will jump all over the place, unless like a horse you tether him to a rail at the front.

Enough said I think, as this idea is outside your original thoughts, although I do believe that Edge's idea is indeed a worthy one.

:Chokdee:

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Edge,

The Nose weight as you put it is critical in the building of trailers,..............................

Enough said I think, as this idea is outside your original thoughts, although I do believe that Edge's idea is indeed a worthy one.

I agree with all that, except that in the case of horse trailers, almost all are twin axle. That makes a huge difference to the increase in nose weight that can occur under breaking. Actually the effect of braking eg. an Ifor Williams livestock trailer is a pushing effect, which operates the trailer brake and slows the whole rig. There is very little feeling of an increase in nose weight with any properly designed and loaded twin axle trailer or caravan I've ever towed (not zero but little feeling).

My point in this case, is that the weight of the dogs could be carried very low and certainly below the hitch point, so (I'm guessing here) that would much reduce the effect on nose weight of braking, even though it's single axle.

I do think the fact that one could simply unhitch this lightweight trailer and ride off on a conventional m/bike makes it worthy of more thought and I think you should start work on the prototype first thing in the morning. :GoldenSmile1:

Sorry, he didn't come back with the # today but I'll chase again tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

i found - pattaya auction house - on the crocodile farm soi,bridge with "pattaya city"clock turn right go 2 clicks from sukumvit rd to soi 14 on a bend. i think it's open 7 days a week for viewing.they got some great household gear-fridges,beds,sofa's some bikes/choppers.a small friendly cafe. sunday auction starts around 11am until 2or3pm.come along but dont out-bid me on the bottle red wine or the books.