Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Can someone tell me what this means

skydiver

I think it translates to something like "You want metal" or "You want iron"

Not sure if that makes any sense.

Edited by jepnoms

i'd translate it more like he is asking do want metalwork done or blacksmiths work done

It is either some new kind of sexual position or she wants help with the domestic duties :GoldenSmile1:

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

I think it translates to something like "You want metal" or "You want iron"

Not sure if that makes any sense.

she wasnt a thai rock chick asking you if you wanted to go to a heavy metal gig?..............thought not :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by vizsta

I bet she means she wants your "iron" hehe :stargate002:

"They say i have a drinking problem?" I drink I fall down...I get up NO PROBLEM!:D

Means : She want your metal :GoldenSmile1:

That was a joke, actually it does not make much sense. It means something like " do put op the metal/iron" , maybe she wants you to hang something on the wall.

I've never heard that expression before. It literally translates as 'You want to stick/attach (to/with) metal. Could be a slang term for getting hit with a metal bar or even getting shot (metal bullet)? But I'm just guessing really. What was it a response to? That might give it context.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Let's hope it doesn't mean the same thing as in this Thai commercial:

Funny wordplay there btw: ติดเหล็ก ไม่ใช่ติดเด็ก I'm stuck under metal, not fascinated with kids.....

Anyway, back on topic: haven't heard it before myself either, but most Google-hits come up with a sort of iron frame you can put up in front of your windows at home. Possibly against burglars, or if it's a smaller mesh maybe against mosquitos, who knows...

Edited by slick67

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

do you have crooked teeth by any chance? could be short for การติดเหล็กจัดฟัน so, maybe the sentence is more like: คุณต้อง การติดเหล็ก

just guessing too.

Any chance that "เหล็ก" (Lek) is the name of the lady sending you the message? Because "ติด" (dtit) could mean "to be crazy for".

I don't believe there's a lie in every smile.

Any chance that "เหล็ก" (Lek) is the name of the lady sending you the message? Because "ติด" (dtit) could mean "to be crazy for".

You need/want to be crazy for lek! That's excellent way of looking at it. but it would probably mean that she spelled Lek wrong, I would think as the usual lek's I've met have always been เล็ก as in small rather than iron. But definitely an interesting play on words.

Yep, it says, "I want iron".

What? Could you elaborate?

Thinking more about it, I would wonder why she's using ต้องการ rather than อยาก unless the ต้อง and the การ don't actually stick together (ติด). Making it more likely the gaan belongs with dtit lek.

Edited by el_jefe

เหล็กดัดฟัน อ่ะ มั่วนะ :)

:)

Yes, a wild guess. I've been intending to ask a thai but keep forgetting - may require more context.

ใช่ เดามั่ว ผมตั้งใจจะถามคนไทยแต่ลืมตลอดเวลา

one for pimsleur :)

Edited by el_jefe

here's my มั่วๆ

What about something to do with thai houses, they often have เหล็กดัด around the windows

You need/want to be crazy for lek! That's excellent way of looking at it. but it would probably mean that she spelled Lek wrong, I would think as the usual lek's I've met have always been เล็ก as in small rather than iron. But definitely an interesting play on words.

Yep, you're right it's usually เล็ก.. TGs tend to misspell quite often - but usually they write their own name right!

Anyway - I think that as very often with the thai language it's almost impossible to guess the correct meaning out of context - sometimes by hearing some conversations I got the feeling that thais not always understand each other that well...

I don't believe there's a lie in every smile.

i asked a thai and she said iron work either around the house or in the mouth but w/o context, impossible to tell. just like English- someone tells you their teeth are all crooked, you could say, wow looks like you need some serious metal work in there. or they tell you their windows all got blown out and the same sentence could ensue.

I guess the OP has to tell us :)

• 1 month later...

I'm fluent in Thai - enough to have done paid translation - and I don't know WTF she means. Why would you want to be stuck to iron? I'm missing something or she is. :Dunno: