IGNORED

Pattaya Beer Garden

philkrenshaw

The Pattaya Beer Garden is out at the end of a pier at the beginning (North End) of Walking Street. It is actually on the Beach Road side of the Walking Street sign. It’s behind a bunch of beer bars. To get there you walk down a long corridor to the right of the beer bars, shown in this photo.

PBG.jpg

In the first photo below, PBG is at the end of the far pier. The second photo is a view from the Koh Larn ferry.

over walking st.jpg

PBG from ferry.jpg

My first visit was on my way back down from the Big Buddha and the Scenic Overlook. It was around 7:30 in the evening, so most of the go go’s weren’t active and it was a good time for dinner. It was crowded enough that I didn’t get a seat by the water, but I sat at the next table in, still on the patio. The problem is, there’s no light out there and the waitress had to give me a flashlight to read the menu. You can see how dark it is out there at night in this photo, even after I artificially boosted the brightness.

pbg dark.jpg

I ordered a meatloaf sandwich and French fries. I turns out the sandwich comes with french fries, so I got an additional huge plate of fries, enough to feed several people. The extra order of fries came with a small bowl of mayonaise, in case you like that with french fries. I also tried the vinegar. In the US it’s usually ketchup on french fries. I put some kind of steak sauce on my meatloaf (MP or BP or something to do with the Parliament) which I liked. Never seen it before anywhere else. I also put it on my beans when I had breakfast at Canterbury Tales Café. The food at Pattaya Beer Garden is tasty and not expensive. The drinks are cheap compared to most places. After I ate I asked if the owner was there. The waitress didn’t speak much English and I got “two” out of it. I’m guessing the owner wasn’t there but two mangers were. I didn’t want to complain, I just wanted to buy a beer for the guy who wrote the last page of the menu, about making any complaint right.

There were some girls there but not many at this time of night.

My second visit a few days later was at 9:30 PM. There were plenty of girls around at that time. The patio was fairly full, as was everywhere else, but I did find a seat. I had a ham and cheese sandwich (it came with fries—I learned my lesson and didn’t order them separately). I think the menu said it came with ham, cheese and mustard. There was no mustard, but there was lettuce, tomato, onion and cucumbers. I removed the onion and put on my own mustard. It was good, since I hadn’t had something like that in almost a month.

My third visit was in the afternoon, maybe 3 PM, coming back from a visit to Koh Larn. It was fairly empty. Since it looked like I’d never get a table next to the water at night, I decided to sit out there for lunch. I had the patio to myself, since no one else wanted to sit out in the sun.

I ordered a couple slices of pizza. It tasted off, and I thought maybe they use strange cheese or something, but then I poked around and found the dough was raw. They must have made it in advance and just heated it up. I explained as best I could to the waitress and sent it back. When it returned, they must have just stuck it back in the oven for a few minutes because the bottom got crunchy but the dough under the cheese was still raw. The waitress didn’t speak much English, so she got another girl who maybe was a manager. I pulled out a hunk of raw dough and demonstrated. They offered to put it back in the oven again, but I asked to just have a cheeseburger and they said OK. No girls really around at this time of day.

So I don’t recommend pizza by the slice, but the rest of the food looks to be good and fairly inexpensive.

I like the PBG and during a recent visit to Pattaya I went there a few times in the morning for breakfast and a few times at night for my evening meal. And at night its great if you can get a table by the water

It is a very agreeable venue in which to start an evening's activities but I concur about the very poor standard of lighting at the tables around the perimeter of the restaurant. I for one like to be able to see what I'm eating and that is nigh on impossible if you sit by the seaward side of this venue.

I like the PBG and during a recent visit to Pattaya I went there a few times in the morning for breakfast and a few times at night for my evening meal. And at night its great if you can get a table by the water

Hi

How is the breakfast there?

To what time do they serve breakfast?

What the price?

Thanks beforehand!

Hi

How is the breakfast there?

To what time do they serve breakfast?

What the price?

Thanks beforehand!

Hi Benny31 it's an all day breakfast. And it's OK. The cost is 120B

Have a look at there website for more information

www.pattayabeergarden.com

blue1878

Yes it is great at night time and there are some good looking girls there aswell, foods not bad either:GoldenSmile1:

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

I put some kind of steak sauce on my meatloaf (MP or BP or something to do with the Parliament) which I liked. Never seen it before anywhere else. I also put it on my beans when I had breakfast at Canterbury Tales Café.

It's HP Sauce

HP_sauce.jpg

Good thread, its surprising the amount of people that dont know where this place is!

This is a good place and well run. I'm sure Pete will pick up on the comments about the uncooked pizza and make changes in the kitchen if required.

I ate here once in the evening around 7:00 PM. Not a whole lot of people in the bar or dining area at that time.

Had the fried chicken with fried rice. It was delicious, and the waitress/server was super nice and fun to talk to. I believe she said she was from Buriram, very perky, great english. I was almost tempted to ask her if she was busy and maybe take her to a movie or something but didn't.

I'd definitely go again on my next trips.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Have been going to PBG every trip since it opened.

Some of my mates where dating service girls there

and the place just grew on me.We used to meet there

as couples,sometimes 4-5 groups and we would have a blast there.

Food is always good,surprised to hear about the uncooked Pizza.

Every Tg I have taken there loves the food and the "Romantic Setting".

I also think they should do something about the lighting as well.

I don't mind that it's generally quite during the day if your looking for

a hassle free place to kick back and have a quite drink.

The only thing I don't like is running the Gauntlet past the bars

to get in there or get out.I have been grabbed and jostled even when I

have got someone in tow.Na I am lying,I do really like being grabbed.555

Hi

When did they open?

Not a 100% but at least 3 yrs ago.

Had a slow start,but it's picking up every

evry time I visit.

buy the girls a milkshake behind the bar..they can point out the quality freelancers..comes in handy :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks for the tip

• 3 weeks later...

I always visit at least twice a day during my trips. It's a great place to chill out mid afternoon and a good starting point for the evening's activities.

I can also recommend the Cocktails

Pattaya 2009 102.jpg

:Drink4:

Good thread, its surprising the amount of people that dont know where this place is!

I'd read about it before my last trip but unsure where it was or how to get to it.

Will try again in three weeks time.

• 2 weeks later...

This is always a great place to eat. Food is good and fair price.

Don't get me wrong i really enjoy the food at PBG but have noticed in the last few trips, when it gets busy for dinner the kitchen staff seem to struggle with the time it takes for the food coming out to their customers....have waited 45mins to 1hr for my meal.

Also when there's 6 to 8 of us, there are always 2 or 3 people waiting for their food.....we would like to eat together not at different times.

Have resorted to breakfast or lunch....much quieter :Grin3:

I gave to agree, I didn't know where it was so never went to it before.

Well now I know so no excuses