IGNORED

How do I call my gf in OZ from patts without her seeing the thai country code

Freddy Ferdinand

I recently started seeing this korean girl in Australia, and i already have 2 trips to pattaya planned.

One this october and another in April 2011 for songkran.

Problem is she has been to thailand many times and has also visited Pattaya

(SO SHE IS WELL AWARE OF WHAT GOES ON HAHA)

When i go next month im sure ill have to call her every few days, which is not a problem

although i am planning to lie about which country i am flying too.

I am NOT going to say thailand, will probably say Japan.

My question is:

How do I hide the country code from showing up on her mobile phone?

I have tried to ring friends back home from patts with settings set to private/hide number but

country code and mobile number still show up !!

Any help or ideas around this issue?

Thanks

use your aussie phone with international roaming, it will cost a bit tho

use your aussie phone with international roaming, it will cost a bit tho

Oh nice !

Thats an idea, can I do that with a prepaid mobile?

Cost would be an issue too !

My first trip in patts years ago i went with the roaming idea and came back to a decent sized phone bill :(

You will need to get your account unlocked for international roaming but then it should work. Just remember to top up your account before you go. I would still get a Thai sim card for all other calls and just use your own sim for calling your GF.

It might be expensive but a lot cheaper than your GF seeing the Thai dialing code.

IF you call with your own Aussie number it will only either show up Private number or your number with the international prefix,so no thai number will appear unless you call her from hotel or prepaid sim.

As previously said very expensive when your roam your number and can be upto AU$6 -$10 per minute.

But if you do get a thai number just go into phone settings and change the "Send my caller ID/ to no and all that will show up is private number.

enjoy your self in pattaya :GoldenSmile1:

My vote is with Jedied... use Skype

+1 for me too. If you call from the internet, you could be anywhere in the world. Your number will a long string of untraceable digits.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

Skype calls initiated from your laptop are the way to go. Skype allows you to set your call origination number

I Love This City

• 5 months later...

IF you call with your own Aussie number it will only either show up Private number or your number with the international prefix,so no thai number will appear unless you call her from hotel or prepaid sim.

As previously said very expensive when your roam your number and can be upto AU$6 -$10 per minute.

But if you do get a thai number just go into phone settings and change the "Send my caller ID/ to no and all that will show up is private number.

enjoy your self in pattaya :GoldenSmile1:

That is the best thing to do but check it first by ringing a freind