IGNORED

Old Falang with young Thai boys

El Cata

I stayed in Jomtien during my most recent trip & as most BMs know it has a lot of gay bars. During my first foray into the Jomtien bar scene, I noticed immediately the 'bar boys' both in the Jomtien Plaza & on the Thrappaya Rd.

At first sight this did unsettle me a bit, but I got over it & put it down to 'culture shock'. Later, I observed older falang men & young Thai boys (18+) getting 'frisky' both on the baht bus & in the condo pool.

This not only unnerved me & made me uncomfortable, but I experienced disgust at witnessing these events. I consider myself broad minded & have a 'live & let live' philosophy, but none the less, I did experience these feelings.

Let me stress that these were FEELINGS (emotional reactions), not my THOUGHTS, which are entirely different.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Please, this is a controversial subject, so no silly responses.

Let me make the first one. Maybe I'm a closet faggot & want to secretly bum Thai boys, but have buried it deep within my psyche, which has manifested in my homophobia etc.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

When I first visited Pattaya at the end of the 80's that kind of thing was a more common sight. Young boys would hang around and approach tourists at the front of MacDonalds, you used to have to shoo them away. I didn't like Pattaya back then, I thought it was sleazy in the wrong sense of the word.

It's something I don't like to see but I guess the only sensible view is that if they're both over 18 it's none of my business. Thailand is a tough place for the judgemental.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

When I first visited Pattaya at the end of the 80's that kind of thing was a more common sight. Young boys would hang around and approach tourists at the front of MacDonalds, you used to have to shoo them away. I didn't like Pattaya back then, I thought it was sleazy in the wrong sense of the word.

Yes, I've heard the stories, particularly of blatantly under age boys during that time. Best to forget that & I was exclusively referring to 18+. If you were referring to such, then I wonder why it is less prevalent, given the amount of LBs openly displaying their wares?

It's something I don't like to see but I guess the only sensible view is that if they're both over 18 it's none of my business. Thailand is a tough place for the judgemental.

I agree, but judgemental implies a conscious thought process. My post was exclusively about emotional reactions. I'd like to emphasize this!

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

I look at like this... Would anyone be saying the same thing if it was a 18 yr old girl in the place of the 18 yr boy? Probably not.

Pattaya Diving Pictures ; 2010 Porfolio ; Hot Rod Choppers ; Khao Keow Open Zoo ;

Erawan Museum ; Pim ; Rain ; Sammy & Wan ; Rain & Tum ; Dew ;

Cake & Gik ; Tum ; Bang ; Ladyboy Glam shots

babydollsaddict.gif

My Brain not working already, must to go check soon...

I look at like this... Would anyone be saying the same thing if it was a 18 yr old girl in the place of the 18 yr boy? Probably not.

That's the way I look at it also. Just because they are both male it leaves a bad taste in our mouths, but if it was a girl in place of the Thai bloke, we wouldn't bat an eye lid.

Wha's like us?

Not sure how id react. Would probably be like wtf at first then would just carry on about my business.... Just how frisky can they be getting on a bhat bus? Actually, don't tell me. 555

A falang woman would. Suddenly I feel dirty! YUK!

Very intelligent responses so far, keep them coming guys. :10of10Score:

sgu_banner.gif

A falang woman would. Suddenly I feel dirty! YUK!

Very intelligent responses so far, keep them coming guys. :10of10Score:

Aye but most farang women tar us all with the same brush anyway. They think we are dirty sex tourists who shag whores. You won't change that. I've even had a couple of incidents when out with my wife in the UK! Even ended up reporting one incident to the police! Many farang women are a disgrace to our race. Sheer jealousy and in some instances racism.

It's funny actually, it is normally the younger women, say below 35. I suppose they look at a beautiful Thai lass teal the farangs. As I said to one, look at yourself and your attitude, ever wondered why white guys head there?

Wha's like us?

but most farang women tar us all with the same brush anyway. They think we are dirty sex tourists who shag whores. You can't change that .

And we are ! :P How would you call it then ?

I think Millard is correct--not being used to public displays.

Reminds me of one of Eddie Izzard's stories. He says he is a transvestite and when he is wearing womens clothes and goes into a store to buy some chips, the guy behind the counter freaks out because his mind just cant process a bloke in dress.

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

It's just a matter of commonality of the said behavior that makes it emotionally "right" or "wrong" in one's eyes. When I was 13, even a thought of two men (ironically not two women) together was repulsive and emotionally distressful. Of course, once the teenage years was concluded, I had no problem with the "idea" but not with the public display of such behavior. A few years later, exposures to actually seeing gays in society and media, I began to become very comfortable with their activities in the public. They are no different than the rest of us.

To be honest, when I was a teenager, a thought of an older man,i.e. 50's, tugging a younger girl, i.e. 18+, was absolutely repulsive too. But now all those "feelings," as you adequately identify them, are gone and with it the perceived image of its depravity, abnormality, or however you wish to brand it.

I don't think that the way I felt was 'homophobic', but rather more to do with the age difference.

I'm (just) of the generation that grew up with an acceptance of gay people, as much as there can be acceptance in a northern UK town. 10 years ago, I was a student at Manchester (UK) University. There is a large gay community & gay village in the town. Being newbies during our fresher year, we inevitably accidently found our way into a few gay bars / nights. We were even surrounded by old men in a club one night, who offered us 'VIP gold cards' to a gay orgy.

I saw everything during my student years, gay guys sitting on each others knees on the bus & much worse at the gay village on Canal Street (anal treat). I've even seen guys led around on a dog lead by a dominatrix in a rock / S&M club (Jillys if anyone remembers). It was a crazy mix back then!

Therefore, I think my emotional reaction was based on witnessing 'dirty old men with young boys' if you like. OK it's hypocritical & wrong, but you can't help how you feel.

sgu_banner.gif

I don't think that the way I felt was 'homophobic', but rather more to do with the age difference.

I'm (just) of the generation that grew up with an acceptance of gay people, as much as there can be acceptance in a northern UK town. 10 years ago, I was a student at Manchester (UK) University. There is a large gay community & gay village in the town. Being newbies during our fresher year, we inevitably accidently found our way into a few gay bars / nights. We were even surrounded by old men in a club one night, who offered us 'VIP gold cards' to a gay orgy.

I saw everything during my student years, gay guys sitting on each others knees on the bus & much worse at the gay village on Canal Street (anal treat). I've even seen guys led around on a dog lead by a dominatrix in a rock / S&M club (Jillys if anyone remembers). It was a crazy mix back then!

Therefore, I think my emotional reaction was based on witnessing 'dirty old men with young boys' if you like. OK it's hypocritical & wrong, but you can't help how you feel.

I totally understand and by no means I was extrapolating from the OP that you are remotely homophobic. I was simply saying that just like the time when I was unfamiliar with others' sexual preferences, anyone who hasn't been introduced to such arrangement of older men with young guys would surely have a few brain cells misfiring as being something abnormal. It's natural.

Cheers :GoldenSmile1:

P.S. I wish when I was in college a decade ago, someone would have just come up to me and offered a "VIP gold card" to a straight orgy. But this is America and we are prude.

And we are ! :P How would you call it then ?

Can you point out to me ANYWHERE on this board where I have said anything but we are all sex tourists? I SERIOUOSLY DOUBT IT! Because we are or have been at some time and the sooner we all accept that the better IMO.

However, not all of us go to Pattaya to shag whores anymore!!! So again as I pointed out Farang women CAN AND ARE WRONG some of the times. But on the whole single (and sometimes married) guys going to patts are purely sex tourists and unless guys can accept that they have a problem. Regardless of what we go for, WE ALL board that plane to BKK with a huge label above our heads, dirty sex tourists.

I spent many years going to Patts to hump BG's. It makes me laugh when we have guys on the forums pointing fingers at each other when they themselves attend patts to shag prostitutes! We should all remember why we go to Pattaya either now or in years gone by. None of us are thought of highly in our own countries, so would it not be best we just all get on and stop accusing each other of certain sexual practices? With the exception of paedo's etc..

but from your reply you intimate it is perfectly OK for a farang woman to abuse and throw racist comments at a married Thai residing in the UK? So much so Police are involved?

I'm sorry but by tarring every single person that goes to Thailand with the same brush IS wrong, just as you have done. Not everybody heading to Thailand go to shag hookers mate. Those that do are sex tourists, plain and simple. I classed myself in that catagory and probably still do to a certain extent as I enjoy BG watching and interacting, I just value my marriage more. Simple as that.

Again, what I said:

Aye but most farang women tar us all with the same brush anyway. They think we are dirty sex tourists who shag whores. You won't change that. I've even had a couple of incidents when out with my wife in the UK! Even ended up reporting one incident to the police! Many farang women are a disgrace to our race. Sheer jealousy and in some instances racism.

It's funny actually, it is normally the younger women, say below 35. I suppose they look at a beautiful Thai lass steal the farangs. As I said to one, look at yourself and your attitude, ever wondered why white guys head there?

Wha's like us?

I felt exactly the same way, and I'm very open minded, I just rationalised that they probably thought the same when they see an old man with an 18+ girl.. and then went about my day! :).

I get more upset emotionally when I see a foreigner try to pick up a underage girls, specially when they clearly not in the business of P4P.

Earlier this week a foreigner hit on a 15 yr old girl, sitting together with her mother. The girl was clearly upset and shy, but the guy didn't take the clue.

He went on trying to talk to her and mum for 20 minutes before he finally got the point. It was painful to watch.

Adult gays don't upset me in the same way.

Some part of Jomtien and Sunee plaza are well known for gay people. I simply avoid the areas.

Live and let live.

Edited by Expat46

on my first trip tio thailand i had an old man sit next to me with a young boy in a pink shirt

i seen red and told him to leave my sight.these days i would leave.

• 4 weeks later...

I am older man,gay/bisexual more gay than hetro though.

I take regualar trips to Pattaya go go bars,beer bars and shag prostitues or guess i am being shagged.

I probaly am what you guys call a poofter,so what.

They are all gay go go bars and beer bars.

Sunee Plaza,Boyztown etc all have these,Jomtiem Complex also.

I also when I off/barfine a boy,18yo plus ,I take the baht bus to go back to the hotel.

We sometimes encounter drunk young tattoed farang who shout abuse at us for no reason.

The gay expat community have 5 forums similar to this one.

I dont mind talking about it,i enjoy getting shagged by young fit brown skinned guys.

As for getting imtimate in public,no not for me.

www.gaybuttonthai.com

www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com

and many others.

Edited by actiondell4

We sometimes encounter drunk young tattoed farang who shout abuse at us for no reason.

It's a shame that you encountered abuse from people that are not even citizen's of this country,

I'm not into Thai boys, but have received funny looks while walking with a few LB's,

A lot of people don't realise that Pattaya and most part's of Thailand,

is a place where all types of sexuality's are acceptied,

If you can't accept that, stay back in your sad judgemental countries...

Here is my opinion on the subject...

It's not who a person is or who they are with, its how they act in public. Some people just dont have common respect for others.

Gays (or even straight) couples making out on a baht bus...probably inappropriate, even in Pattaya.

Gay-bashers verbally abusing people...wrong anywhere.

Makes me remember having dinner with a young lady at one of the seafood places on Walking Street. A couple sat at the table beside us. (~40 yr old white guy with a ~22 yr old Thai guy) The conversation I heard mixed with their romantic actions (holding hands on the table, smiling, winking...whatever) made me FEEL uncomfortable, slightly disgusted. But then I realized they're not doing anything wrong...maybe its best I ignore them. It's about being polite and respectful to strangers. Although Im sure I partake in some things that are socially unacceptable in my home country, while in a foreign country Im especially conscious about acting appropriately in public. I think its the basis for being decent.

I also when I off/barfine a boy,18yo plus ,I take the baht bus to go back to the hotel.

The gay expat community have 5 forums similar to this one.

I dont mind talking about it,i enjoy getting shagged by young fit brown skinned guys.

As for getting imtimate in public,no not for me.

www.gaybuttonthai.com

www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com

and many others.

Thank you for your response.

Let me say from the outset that I deplore the treatment you received, which is both abbhorant & wrong. However, this is not the only bad behaviour that drunken young falangs engage in, so don't take it too personally.

I chose my words as carefully (or unclumsily) as possible in my OP & I hope that no offense was taken.

Welcome to the forum & best of luck for the future. :Chokdee:

sgu_banner.gif

El Cata raised this thread specifically to see if BM's had uncomfortable Feelings/experiences when SEEING Older Farangs with young Thai Boys, so your comment is Irrelevant.

I am homophobic and I'll admit it. I was on a Baht Bus coming to Pattaya with my Thai GF ( we were staying in the Nirvana...Great Place). Two older 60+ American "men" got on with a Young Thai guy( late teens). They were carrying on like young school kids in love. Kissing, Touching etc. OK the Brain says...up to them. The Feelings/body response for both me and my GF were surprising overwhelming. I had to control myself as I can be vocal. I subtly expressed my disgust. Their behavior changed. We couldn't wait to get off, and to be honest I can still feel my response now as I type.

Up to me I guess.

Just my opinion, and my experience.

Cheers

H888

on my first trip tio thailand i had an old man sit next to me with a young boy in a pink shirt

i seen red and told him to leave my sight.these days i would leave.

Well, you had a strong emotional reaction & reacted in an inappropriate way; it happens. The happy outcome is that you have implicitely admitted this & have chosen to distance yourself from the situation next time, without confrontation.

Good for you & I hope that you hold true to your word.

sgu_banner.gif

I am homophobic and I'll admit it.

The word 'homophobic' is a very politically & emotionally charged one; I suspect that this word was not coined by accident. It implies a 'fear' of gay men / couples, which can only serve to antagonise hetrosexual males, particularly traditionally 'uncultured' or 'working class' males. The 'battle', as is always the case in politics, is fought by the political classes; the ordinary man is left to fight his way through tabloid filth & communal reinforcement in order to become enlightened.

I was on a Baht Bus coming to Pattaya with my Thai GF ( we were staying in the Nirvana...Great Place). Two older 60+ American "men" got on with a Young Thai guy( late teens). They were carrying on like young school kids in love. Kissing, Touching etc. OK the Brain says...up to them. The Feelings/body response for both me and my GF were surprising overwhelming. I had to control myself as I can be vocal. I subtly expressed my disgust. Their behavior changed. We couldn't wait to get off, and to be honest I can still feel my response now as I type.

Up to me I guess.

Just my opinion, and my experience.

Cheers

H888

I think that a distinction has to be drawn here, between general aversion of any public displays of affection & male/male public displays of affection.

sgu_banner.gif