IGNORED

Welcome Plaza

mondo

Hi Guys

heading over to patts november 12 2010

alawys stay in welcome plaza for last 10 years but they have upped the room price to 950b for this trip

as the rate of the bahat is shite at the moment anyone out there have any reccomenditaons of cheaper hotels

i was looking at Liquid lounge around soi LK Metro

cheers

I'd of thought 950b for a hotel is pretty reasonable, esp. considering the location. Good luck in your search!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Hi Guys

heading over to patts november 12 2010

alawys stay in welcome plaza for last 10 years but they have upped the room price to 950b for this trip

as the rate of the bahat is shite at the moment anyone out there have any reccomenditaons of cheaper hotels

i was looking at liquid lounge around soi lk metro

cheers

I stayed there 10 years ago when it was 600 - 650 baht. Nice hotel, nice staff, a wonderful swimming pool and a superb location as it was opposite Pattayaland before it became homosexualised.

The LK area has much cheaper but very decent alternatives but there will not be a swimming pool. But there are lots of good bars in that area now and baht buses ply their trade and can get you to anywhere in Pattaya in 10 minutes. Book two nights in the WP and take a walk round Soi LK and take your choice. There should still be plenty of vacancies on the 12th Nov.

I stayed there 10 years ago when it was 600 - 650 baht. Nice hotel, nice staff, a wonderful swimming pool and a superb location as it was opposite Pattayaland before it became homosexualised.

The LK area has much cheaper but very decent alternatives but there will not be a swimming pool. But there are lots of good bars in that area now and baht buses ply their trade and can get you to anywhere in Pattaya in 10 minutes. Book two nights in the WP and take a walk round Soi LK and take your choice. There should still be plenty of vacancies on the 12th Nov.

I was going to stay there for the price and location but was really put off by all the old gay men with young boys prancing around the hotel grounds. Just not my thing.

Edited by JonnyLongStroke

Not to forget that most times they want 300Baht joinerfee, not personally experienced but read in different reviews!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

I stayed previously in the Royal Palace and the Royal Twins. Both hotels were pretty good but they hiked the prices kinda high for me.

I considered WP but I read too many reports of a bedbug infestation in that hotel. :Circle_Sharks:

Welcome plaza

Joiner fee

They always charge a joiner fee (300 baht) if you have booked through a package or travel agent.

Cockroach

It's like lottery- either you're lucky or not. :Party1:

Some rooms are cockroaches friendly, stuffy smell, moldy shower curtain, and so on.

Facilities

No wifi

No in-room safe

No monthly rate.

Pool

There is a large nice pool. :GoldenSmile1:

You can find better room around the area

My 2 cents