Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

LK Renaissance

LISBON

Has any BM's stayed in the LK Renaissance recently?

Already had a week in the Sunshine residence,

Soi 8 and a long stay in Bella express, Pattaya Klang earlier this year,

but we have decided to move up-class for our winter trip mainly down to the great deal we got

1800bht a night for the studio room. My mate Tom and I are booked in for two weeks early November

just wondered if any body had any tips in helping to get the most from hotel,

or if there are any bad points such as rooms to avoid!

Shouldn't have any problem finding the hot spots/bars in the surrounding as

we've frequented that area on many ocassions, unless, of course, there's some new attraction not to be missed???!

In that case your suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks in advance, Lisbon

:001_Thank_You5:

Never stayed there.

Not sure was it this hotel or some other LK-hotel, just remember reading from somewhere that the hotel policy was that no girls under 21years can be entered to hotel. As said, not sure was it this hotel, maybe someone else can verify?

Two of my friends stay there regularly and swear by it. But at the prices they have to pay you expect the best. It's not cheap but they do deals if you stay for extended periods.

Edit. It's ideally situated in Soi Diana for all the local attractions and a 10 baht bus fare can get you to any part of Pattaya within 10 minutes.

Edited by yogi100

• 1 month later...

About to embark on my virgin Pattaya trip, and August Suites is booked out.

Can anyone who has stayed at LK Renaissance tell me if it is worthwhile booking the Deluxe rooms over the Superior rooms?

Price difference isn't that much which makes me think the actual difference may be in the name and marketing rather than anything tangible.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

toomuch

If you could be bothered with lots of words: my newbie trip report from November 2010

About to embark on my virgin Pattaya trip, and August Suites is booked out.

Can anyone who has stayed at LK Renaissance tell me if it is worthwhile booking the Deluxe rooms over the Superior rooms?

Price difference isn't that much which makes me think the actual difference may be in the name and marketing rather than anything tangible.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

toomuch

I am currently staying at the LK right now. I can state this is my second time staying here. I highly recommend the place due to location and great overall experience. The only difference that I have to believe between the two rooms is the Deluxe has a shower and the other does not.

Have stayed in Superior room end of October 7 nights, booked Studio (cheaper, seems same same ) for January, 5 nights.

Cleanliness: 10

Breakfast: 6~7

Internet: 6~7

But repeat booking speaks for itself.

Didn't see any problem with showering with the hose in Superior room, good water pressure, long hose, washes any angle :-p

Edited by arak.72

Nanren bu huai, nuren bu ai.

Have stayed in Superior room end of October 7 nights, booked Studio (cheaper, seems same same ) for January, 5 nights.

Cleanliness: 10

Breakfast: 6~7

Internet: 6~7

But repeat booking speaks for itself.

Didn't see any problem with showering with the hose in Superior room, good water pressure, long hose, washes any angle :-p

The shower is the difference. But the shower in the deluxe has plenty of room for 2! i always get the deluxe in fact I have it next week :Clap8:

I think the deluxe is about 2,000 baht more expensive per night? I'm thinking about going th deluxe aswell cos I really like this hotel but not sure I can justify the price

Just booked my second stay at this great hotel for 10 days in january in a deluxe room for 3000bht per night. In august during low season i got the same room for 2300bht.

The deluxe room is 60m2 with both shower(large) and whirlpool bathtub. Very nice room with a small balcony plus good wifi.

As others have stated LK reneissance has a great location with great establishments such ass Devils Den, Lolitas and Champagne a go-go close by.

I also enjoyd the breakfast alot and theres Beefeater restaurant 50m away towards 2nd road on soi diana which is in my opinion the best steakhouse in pattaya with great steaks and good service.

So all in all i would recommend the hotel wery highly.

LK ren 1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2much2soon

i am here now 7 days into a 150night stay my first stay at this hotel and its great.i stayed last 5 years at sandy spring but they put a christmas surcharge on 15 dec to 15 jan.cant comment on studio or deluxe as i am in 1 bedroom suite it is the bees knees.the staff are outstanding too.

I would also skip the studio rooms at the LK Renaissance. The bathtubs do have a shower head, but it is hand held. Be prepared to deal with a wet bathroom floor every time you take a bath.

As I recall, both the Metropole and Renaissance charged for WiFi as well (by the hour). I would recommend looking elsewhere. There is no good reason to stay at any of the LK properties for what they are asking for them given the glut of rooms in Pattaya. It would appear that this fact is lost on them though...

Enjoy!

Bambu

Deluxe room was what i had during my stay & it was all perfect.

10/10 all round.

Great location & worth the money if you can & want quality.

Many thanks for all the replies.

bambu - WiFi is free, stated all over their website and by many others here.

I'm about to book the Deluxe room now, for my virgin trip, starting November 18.

Just 10 more days away, fantastic.

If you could be bothered with lots of words: my newbie trip report from November 2010

LK Ren Studio and Superior rooms have recently added a little mounting bracket for the shower hose that is up on the wall above your head, so you have both hands free whilst showering. Still no shower curtain, so the entire bathroom floor is likely to get soaked, especially if things get frisky in the tub/shower.

Otherwise it's a good choice especially at Agoda prices ; I've repeated.

Tub.JPG

Superior - Tub before addition of shower head mount (goes where the towels are in this photo)

Superior1.JPG

Superior

Superior2.JPG

Superior - Netbook hooked up to the big flatscreen

LK_Ren_Front.JPG

Just booked my second stay at this great hotel for 10 days in january in a deluxe room for 3000bht per night. In august during low season i got the same room for 2300bht.

The deluxe room is 60m2 with both shower(large) and whirlpool bathtub. Very nice room with a small balcony plus good wifi.

As others have stated LK reneissance has a great location with great establishments such ass Devils Den, Lolitas and Champagne a go-go close by.

I also enjoyd the breakfast alot and theres Beefeater restaurant 50m away towards 2nd road on soi diana which is in my opinion the best steakhouse in pattaya with great steaks and good service.

So all in all i would recommend the hotel wery highly.

LK ren 1.jpg

what about guest policy?

GF?

more than 1 girl OK?

under 21 OK?

LB frinedly (in case i get carried away eventually...)

Mike

As I recall, both the Metropole and Renaissance charged for WiFi as well (by the hour).

There is no extra charge for the WiFi at LK Renaissance, but the connection is not good. See my fresh review here:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/66172-third-trip-now-im-getting-this/page__view__findpost__p__1038058

A friend of mine stays there regularly and I can confirm free wifi service is very poor as he had to come over to my room in the Areca Lodge to get a decent connection!

Although I stayed in an exec room in the areca last trip for a change, I have used the LK Metro for several previous trips and I think the Superior rooms at the LK Metro are a better bet than the rooms at the Renaissance for similar price. If you like some space and comfort they are big rooms (bigger than Renaissance), nice balcony, sofa, large fridge with kitchenette, microwave etc see photos.

Good for a party if thats your thing. Quality is much same as Renaissance and only a couple of minutes walk away. No problem with extra visitors.

Although Areca was cheaper and exec rooms are similar large size, I do prefer the quality & comfort of the LK Metro rooms so if you can afford it, I'd recommend the superior room.

LKM 1.jpg

LKM2.jpg

A friend of mine stays there regularly and I can confirm free wifi service is very poor as he had to come over to my room in the Areca Lodge to get a decent connection!

Although I stayed in an exec room in the areca last trip for a change, I have used the LK Metro for several previous trips and I think the Superior rooms at the LK Metro are a better bet than the rooms at the Renaissance for similar price. If you like some space and comfort they are big rooms (bigger than Renaissance), nice balcony, sofa, large fridge with kitchenette, microwave etc see photos.

Good for a party if thats your thing. Quality is much same as Renaissance and only a couple of minutes walk away. No problem with extra visitors.

Although Areca was cheaper and exec rooms are similar large size, I do prefer the quality & comfort of the LK Metro rooms so if you can afford it, I'd recommend the superior room.

post-14510-0-16052200-1289852513.jpg

post-14510-0-32577900-1289852522.jpg

Great pics & thanks for the tip.

How much is a Superior room ????

I normally pay between 2100 & 2800 depending on time of year for Superior room.

If anyone knows where you can get a better deal for LK Metro please post.

yes i agree the wi-fi is crap but all you need to do is get a cable from the front desk 100b deposit and than the wired signal is ok problem fixed and free too.

Lk Ren is my hotel of choice.

Never had a problem with the wifi and Im a heavy user of it.

The rooms are all decent. The deluxe is pretty spacious for the price and the shower is a good change to high jumping the bath tub (how high is that tub seriously lol). The added bracket for the shower over the bath tub is good.

Thing I love about this place is when your a regular or return visitor, the staff make the effort to get to know you, greet you by name, really make you feel like your at your home away from home.

Only issue which they still havent got right is the restaurant, the ownership has changed a few times in the past year and the breakfast still is crap.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

LKM 1.jpg

There is no excuse for a hotel that charges rates like the LKR to have shitty wi fi. The wi fi in lesser hotels and guesthouses works fine.