IGNORED

Ex Pattaya bar girl now working in Oz

hooky

Recently, a former Pattaya bar girl who I spent some time with a couple of years back got back in touch. She is now in Australia, working as a housekeeper in a hotel out there. Says she is living in the hotel and is not married. I know that she did call me from Oz as I could see the country code on my phone. I'm just curious as to how she could have done this. Is there any way that a Thai girl could have got a job/visa to Oz without being married to a falang? Are there agencies that arrange visas for Thai girls to go out and work in low-paid jobs in Oz?

I have no Desire to get in a relationship with this girl, and I doubt I will ever see her again. I am, though, fond of her and I'm pleased we are back in touch. I'm just very curious as to how she could have got where she is now. When I pressed her on this point, I got nowhere. Her English isn't that great. For what it is worth, she didn't sound too happy with life out there. Said that she missed Thailand and was tired from working all the time. I guess that there could be a possibility that she was an illegal, but I doubt it, as she said she was going to go back to Thailand for a holiday soon.

Cheers

H.

"I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one." Jay Z, 99 Problems, The Black Album

Recently, a former Pattaya bar girl who I spent some time with a couple of years back got back in touch. She is now in Australia, working as a housekeeper in a hotel out there. Says she is living in the hotel and is not married. I know that she did call me from Oz as I could see the country code on my phone. I'm just curious as to how she could have done this. Is there any way that a Thai girl could have got a job/visa to Oz without being married to a falang? Are there agencies that arrange visas for Thai girls to go out and work in low-paid jobs in Oz?

I have no desire to get in a relationship with this girl, and I doubt I will ever see her again. I am, though, fond of her and I'm pleased we are back in touch. I'm just very curious as to how she could have got where she is now. When I pressed her on this point, I got nowhere. Her English isn't that great. For what it is worth, she didn't sound too happy with life out there. Said that she missed Thailand and was tired from working all the time. I guess that there could be a possibility that she was an illegal, but I doubt it, as she said she was going to go back to Thailand for a holiday soon.

Cheers

H.

Its unlikey she could of got a visa on her own. Australia is one of the most strict countries for visa's. She would need to show reason for her wanting to return to Thailand and not do a runner in Australia like owning property, money in bank etc.

I remember when I first took my TG to australia before we got married, was lots of paperwork to do - would of been no way for her to go on her own.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

I know a few girls out here, and most of them arent married. I asked the girls i know how they got in, and they said that they needed a job lined up (they work in thai massage place - no happy ending tho :(, owned by a relative who married a farang ) and a couple said they had to have an Aussie vouch for them, basically a sponsor, that said that they will help with money and all that stuff. The girls i know have a 1 or 2 year work visa.

Its the same story with the girls, they are not that happy here. Whilst they get paid a heap more, living expenses are so much higher than in thailand. With rent and food and clothes and everything else, they end up working harder than they do back home. The girls i know work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, and even then they struggle to make ends meet!

Hope that helps, just my experience anyway!

Edited by Scottyhp

I know a lot of Thai girls come in Australia on a student visa and then choose to study tourism,after completing the english course

maybe she isnt a housekeeper, she could be working in a brothel and living in there. quite common here

I know a lot of Thai girls come in Australia on a student visa and then choose to study tourism,after completing the english course

Yeah My old girl takes in thai students, both male and female, who have completed a uni course in thailand, who stay here for 6 months to do an english course at the local uni. Good for me, i meet lots of thai girls!

i recently read somewhere, which i cant remember exactly that Australia has become quite easy to get into now a days because they are looking to bulk up the population.. it isnt an open door policy you do need paper work and a legit thing, but coming for work or school or even as a wife or fiance is supposed to be a lot easier now..

one thing that i have found to be very popular here in the usa is the girls becoming nanny's or au pairs. they get free room and board and get to pick where and which families they choose.. i know that not all of them are happy and a lot return home within a year or so but many stick it out and get over the culture hump and it works out quite well for them because while they are here they usually meet someone. now mind you none of these girls are ex-bar girls.. the ones that i met were all college grads, decent if not unblemished back rounds and local sponsors from thailand.

I agree with one of the comments, probably she came in on a student visa as it is the easiest to get and once she is here, much easier to get her PR.

Could be a number of ways.

As mentioned, a student visa. They can study English or cooking and legally work part time. This is how a lot of brothel girls work here.

Maybe she's sponsored, or has been in the past, has a tourist visa and her visa is still valid and she is working illegally.

Perhaps on a fiancee visa.

She may have family here (perhaps a married sister) who has sponsored her which requires the family sponsor to put up a surity to ensure she returns.

There are a few other options but they are complicated and impossible to get without help.

I'd say its most likely a student visa or sponsor.

Thanks for the replies, fellas. I think she probably is working in a hotel, she did tell me the name of the place and spoke quiet a bit about her work. Apparently there are a few other Thais working there. She certainly didn't sound too happy with life, though!

Cheers

Hooky

"I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one." Jay Z, 99 Problems, The Black Album

Could be a number of ways.

As mentioned, a student visa. They can study English or cooking and legally work part time. This is how a lot of brothel girls work here.

Maybe she's sponsored, or has been in the past, has a tourist visa and her visa is still valid and she is working illegally.

Perhaps on a fiancee visa.

She may have family here (perhaps a married sister) who has sponsored her which requires the family sponsor to put up a surity to ensure she returns.

There are a few other options but they are complicated and impossible to get without help.

I'd say its most likely a student visa or sponsor.

probably on a student visa,if sponsored she would not be working in a lowly paid job at a hotel?

I don't know about Australia specifically. But many countries in Europe as well as the US have all sorts of temp/seasonal worker visas.

As a few examples in the US, we have Mexicans working on farms, E. Europeans working as hotel staff in Outer Banks, E Europeans working as life guards in Washington, DC area, etc. All legal. All temporary/seasonal. Usually, there are firms that arrange the paperwork and the job together for these people.

Quality of jobs and pay varies. Most of these people are quite happy with the pay, especially after they put in a lot of overtime. But not all. Sometimes these companies take advantage of people. Recently there was a Thai firm that got busted for bringing Thai farm workers into US and doing all sorts of shady stuff that deprived the workers of many rights like taking their passports...

I bet Australia has the same sort of program and the girl you are talking about got the job and the paperwork via some agency that specializes in this.

Edited by dc_publius

I know an ex-BG who now lives in Sydney. Left Thailand to marry her Oz boyfriend but got bored rigid with nothing to do in the day. Too bright to be a kitchen or supermarket slave etc, so - after careful research and with hubbie's approval - opened up a Thai massage/spa/aromatherapy parlour primarily for ladies only, no hanky panky with male customers. To staff it she imported three ex-BG pals who'd done a bit of training at Wat Po. No trouble with immigration, work permits etc and now she's earning a decent buck.

Just as a thought, this lady may have entered the country on one of the old 457 Visa's. Basically it's a working Visa arranged by an employer, usually of 2 years duration. The Visa is only valid whilst the employee remains in work, although they can change jobs if the new employer will also 'sponsor' under the Visa rules. In my workplace we had a lot of English and South African employees enter Australia this way. As far as I can remember, the Visa rules have since changed during the last year and the 457 Visa is no longer available, although existing Visa's remain valid..

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

I don't know about Australia specifically. But many countries in Europe as well as the US have all sorts of temp/seasonal worker visas.

As a few examples in the US, we have Mexicans working on farms, E. Europeans working as hotel staff in Outer Banks, E Europeans working as life guards in Washington, DC area, etc. All legal. All temporary/seasonal. Usually, there are firms that arrange the paperwork and the job together for these people.

Quality of jobs and pay varies. Most of these people are quite happy with the pay, especially after they put in a lot of overtime. But not all. Sometimes these companies take advantage of people. Recently there was a Thai firm that got busted for bringing Thai farm workers into US and doing all sorts of shady stuff that deprived the workers of many rights like taking their passports...

I bet Australia has the same sort of program and the girl you are talking about got the job and the paperwork via some agency that specializes in this.

in hawaii this past week the feds busted a farmer for smuggling thais in and making them work under bad working conditions long hours and like 2 bucks and hours, the feds dont put up with that shit here thank god