Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Newbie Guide to Baht Buses

philkrenshaw

7 minutes ago, Ohall39 said:

Guys, can I have a update on the price , is it still 10 bht for each ride per oerson ?

Yes, still only 10 baht on he Pattaya baht bus  loop!

• 3 months later...
On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎12 at 08:23, Geordie59 said:

For Jomtien just go to second road just south of Pattaya Thai, outside the school where they load up. Anywhere further south, closer to Jomtien just stop one like you on the Beach/2nd road circuit. 
Price is 10 Bhat but they will want more if you go want to go too far down the beach. If that happens just get out and stop the next one that is going further down the beach anyway for another 10 Bhat.

So if I jump off as soon as the bus turns down on the beach in Jomtien it's 10 baht?

Going back to Pattaya, do I get on the bus at the beach or do I have to walk up to second rd?

It's my fourth trip to Pattaya but I have never made it over to Jomtien yet, lol

And I heard in a vlog a while ago that you can get a fine if you stand on the back of the bus, is that still the case? (I know it's not the safest but going short distences it's the most convenient with my height)

12 hours ago, Satnolp said:

So if I jump off as soon as the bus turns down on the beach in Jomtien it's 10 baht?

Going back to Pattaya, do I get on the bus at the beach or do I have to walk up to second rd?

It's my fourth trip to Pattaya but I have never made it over to Jomtien yet, lol

yes it is only 10 bht to and from jomtien.

an easy trip to do and also 1 of the cheapest.

no need to walk up to second rd on the way back just flag one down on beach rd.

while there may have been folks fined for standing on the back it is mostly ignored by both thai and falangs. for the length of journey to and fro to jomtien and the number of bumps in the road taken at speed using a seat is the best option for that trip in particular

I'm not even sure if there are Baht busses on Jomtien 2nd road.
Just get one anywhere between Beach Road, Jomtien and Pattaya and it is 10 Baht.
Not many get fined for standing on the back but it would be a real bummer if you were one of them. Anywhere from 3-5k Baht from reports I've heard. 

10 hours ago, striderman said:

yes it is only 10 bht to and from Jomtien.

Finally went to Jomtien last trip in August.  Had read in past threads that it was ฿20 to Jomtien on Baht Bus so handed same to driver on the way there and again on return and both insisted on giving me change :D  Oh well, one off trip for me as I saw nothing of interest personally.  Even the sea water was brown, although there was a strong onshore breeze...

• 5 months later...

Ride a baht bus at least once before venturing out for night time activities.  It's easy to get caught up with drinking and later attempt to motorbike back to your place.  The baht buses are efficient and run frequently, i've seen too many mishaps when even a little bit of alcohol is involved.  

• 4 weeks later...

The bus that drops you of on the main road from the airport. At south pattaya road. Is there a baht bus from there that takes you down to beach road. 

Why oh why those baht buses have not figured out a way to put route numbers in their windows so we know where the fuck they are going

On 17/09/2018 at 14:10, Satnolp said:

And I heard in a vlog a while ago that you can get a fine if you stand on the back of the bus, is that still the case? (I know it's not the safest but going short distences it's the most convenient with my height)

Nope that never was and still isnt true - there is no fine for standing at the back. For the beach road loop thats my preferred way of riding as you can look back and check out the scene on beach road. Yes its bumpy at times so just hold on to the rail. And late at night Id say watch out for the ladyboys stealing from your pockets in traffic.

On 10/04/2019 at 01:48, dingbat22 said:

Why oh why those baht buses have not figured out a way to put route numbers in their windows so we know where the fuck they are going

it is not a city bus route system with the drivers  paid for by the city, like bus route 67 goes from A to B.

it's all down to the drivers (who are independent )  where they fancy working.

but works great for me. i come out of watching multiple footy games on a sat night late on and it's 10 bht to get home

Just now, greyvlegz said:

Nope that never was and still isnt true - there is no fine for standing at the back. For the beach road loop thats my preferred way of riding as you can look back and check out the scene on beach road. Yes its bumpy at times so just hold on to the rail. And late at night Id say watch out for the Ladyboys stealing from your pockets in traffic.

there was an attempt approx a year ago to do this. but like most things here it's tackled for a week and then ignored

On 14/04/2019 at 15:11, striderman said:

it is not a city bus route system with the drivers  paid for by the city, like bus route 67 goes from A to B.

it's all down to the drivers (who are independent )  where they fancy working.

but works great for me. i come out of watching multiple footy games on a sat night late on and it's 10 bht to get home

Been a couple of times I fell off a bar stool, crawled onto the back of a baht bus and ended up somewhere strange

On 14/04/2019 at 08:41, greyvlegz said:

Nope that never was and still isnt true - there is no fine for standing at the back. For the beach road loop thats my preferred way of riding as you can look back and check out the scene on beach road. Yes its bumpy at times so just hold on to the rail. And late at night Id say watch out for the Ladyboys stealing from your pockets in traffic.

I get nervous doing that, if someone would rear end the vehicle, it would put a damper on your holiday

The bus that drops you of on the main road from the airport. At south pattaya road. Is there a baht bus from there that takes you down to beach road. 
When arrived at the final stop, cross the road and take a baht bus. He will drives to Pattaya on second road. Stop anytime you crossed Pattaya tai south road and you will just need few steps to reach Beach road

On 18/09/2018 at 01:47, Geordie59 said:

I'm not even sure if there are Baht busses on Jomtien 2nd road.
Just get one anywhere between Beach Road, Jomtien and Pattaya and it is 10 Baht.
Not many get fined for standing on the back but it would be a real bummer if you were one of them. Anywhere from 3-5k Baht from reports I've heard. 

I just left and rode my bike daily on Jomtien 2nd road. There are Baht buses parked there but it's not a route. 90% of the buses from Pattaya turn from Jomtien Beach Road onto Chaiyapruek (where the police station is) and then come back towards Pattaya on Jomtien Beach Road. Past Chaiyapruek as far as Na Jomtien they are few and far between. 

I have yet to see a driver expect 20 Baht from Pattaya 2nd road (the loading bay) to Jomtien nor from Jomtien even farther into Pattaya mostly because they are not keeping that close an eye on who boarded where. You could get a bus from Chaiyapruek to Terminal 21 at it's 10B. 

I think the baht buses are a great way to get around Pattaya.  I don't even mind when I on the rare occasion get cought out by the a baht bus.  I have very occasionally got on a baht bus in South Pattaya to get to Soi 6 for a few drinks and a ST.  And the baht bus goes along the 2nd Road and then all of a sudden turns right onto Pattaya Klang.  Obviously its heading towards Soi Buakow.  So when this has happened I've quickly pressed the buzzer and got off and then walked the rest of the way to Soi 6:wacko: 

Edited by blue1878

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, Stray said:

Hi, sorry to ask again, is it still 10 baht per journey? Thanks in advance.

Yes.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 2 months later...

Miss hopping on this thing. Such good value at 10 baht.

Edited by Kickoff

• 4 months later...

do any baht buses run on sukhumvit?  my mate is staying on there next week and prefers not to drive a bike as he will be drinking way too much :p  

Seen them there but don't the schedules.

• 1 year later...
On 07/09/2010 at 09:21, jonerich said:

Useful info thanks for posting. The Thai call them song thieaw=(two axles)

I know I am replying to a 12 year old post but just to clarify. Thai people call the Baht busses Song thaew which means 2 lines. This refers to the 2 rows or lines of seating .

I know I should get out more 555

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, PThai said:

It's been 10baht for the last 25yrs 

That's all can ever  remember it being. 

Correction. It was 5 baht in 2001. 10 baht by 2005.

• Like 2