Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Newbie Guide to Baht Buses

philkrenshaw

On 12/01/2016 at 14:20, rain_angelus said:

If you give them a 20 they sometimes won't give you change.

I really want to learn more of the routes but am worried I am gonna end up in the middle of nowhere. All I ever do is the Beach/2nd circuit. Would like to try a Jomtiener

For Jomtien just go to second road just south of Pattaya Thai, outside the school where they load up. Anywhere further south, closer to Jomtien just stop one like you on the Beach/2nd road circuit. 
Price is 10 Bhat but they will want more if you go want to go too far down the beach. If that happens just get out and stop the next one that is going further down the beach anyway for another 10 Bhat.

• 1 month later...

Do baht buses that ply in south, north and central road go all the way to sukhumvit road and take a u-turn like I have shown in the pic? If yes are they very frequent?

test.png

they stop left side before sukhumvit. then they turn round in central pattaya rd and wait their turn to head south. not that great a service

they stop left side before sukhumvit. then they turn round in central pattaya rd and wait their turn to head south. not that great a service
Yes the Klang service isn't good. They also wait opposite big C extra going to beach road, can be 20 minute wait for bus to fill up so I often walk if not full. The problem for me is getting a baht bus back up Klang, I don't think I've ever managed to get one, when one did stop he wanted 100. So i walk or use my Click.

Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know. Had a thought about getting accommodation in central road closer to sukhumvit  if it was a lot cheaper. If baht bus is not that frequent and reliable then I guess its not a good idea.

1 minute ago, darpra said:

Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know. Had a thought about getting accommodation in central road closer to sukhumvit  if it was a lot cheaper. If baht bus is not that frequent and reliable then I guess its not a good idea.

there is plenty in and around/near soi buakaow of varying standards and hence prices. not far away but deffo more convenient

• 1 month later...

Hi,

From the Walking Street how do I go to soi buakhao. From second road one would turn right on central road and then turn right to enter I guess. But is there an alternate route? If yes what are the possible deviations that they would take?

I guess the central road route has deviations at the central road intersection on second and then they may not go to buakhao and go straight on central rd.

SB runs between Pattaya South road and Central road so which part do you want to get to? You can walk from the WS entrance up South road, cross Second road and get a baht bus to Tukcom (big building on the right) SB is on your left about 80 yards along. Baht buses leave going down SB regularly. 

You can also baht bus down second road to, say Mikes shopping mall on the right. Walk up Soi Diana to SB that way. Most of the side sois in Second from there onwards go thru to SB, it is not a long walk. As you said baht bus to Central, baht bus to SB is another option. 

9 minutes ago, biggles said:

SB runs between Pattaya South road and Central road so which part do you want to get to? You can walk from the WS entrance up South road, cross Second road and get a baht bus to Tukcom (big building on the right) SB is on your left about 80 yards along. Baht buses leave going down SB regularly. 

You can also baht bus down second road to, say Mikes shopping mall on the right. Walk up Soi Diana to SB that way. Most of the side sois in Second from there onwards go thru to SB, it is not a long walk. As you said baht bus to Central, baht bus to SB is another option. 

OK so you need to get to tukcom and then get another baht bus. I guess if I am alone I would rather go via second road and then get off at any of the side sois and walk up. But I guess if you are with your BF a motorbike seem like a better option.

• 2 months later...

I just love this means of transportation! You can just sit and watch the madness in downtown Pattaya from a safe and hustle free distance until you cannot take it anymore and jump off and gets swalloved....

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there are buses leaving from the Walking Street area after midnight, that travel down Soi Buakhao as far as Buakhao Market.

Where would I get on the bus?

14 minutes ago, zen88 said:

Does anyone know if there are buses leaving from the Walking Street area after midnight, that travel down Soi Buakhao as far as Buakhao Market.

Where would I get on the bus?

Best walk over to 2nd road and catch one there.  Stop off at Soi Made in Thailand and walk through and up to Buakhao Market.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 02:23, Geordie59 said:

For Jomtien just go to second road just south of Pattaya Thai, outside the school where they load up. Anywhere further south, closer to Jomtien just stop one like you on the Beach/2nd road circuit. 
Price is 10 Bhat but they will want more if you go want to go too far down the beach. If that happens just get out and stop the next one that is going further down the beach anyway for another 10 Bhat.

They don't leave before they have a full load if you wait there. Walk 150 ft. toward Jomtien and stop in front of what is/was an optical shop. BB will pass buy with available seats and are happy to stop for you. Much quicker than waiting for one to fill before leaving.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

On 12.4.2018 at 06:20, LTGTR said:

They don't leave before they have a full load if you wait there. Walk 150 ft. toward Jomtien and stop in front of what is/was an optical shop. BB will pass buy with available seats and are happy to stop for you. Much quicker than waiting for one to fill before leaving.

I have never waited more than 5 minutes max.It's usually more like 2-3 minutes. Hoards of Russians go to Jomtien and Indians go to the beginning of 2nd road where they like to flock.

And by the way now it's Songkran. Baht bus travel is wet and VERY slow. Avoid baht buses for next week.

1 hour ago, jpmelville said:

I have never waited more than 5 minutes max.It's usually more like 2-3 minutes. Hoards of Russians go to Jomtien and Indians go to the beginning of 2nd road where they like to flock.

And by the way now it's Songkran. Baht bus travel is wet and VERY slow. Avoid baht buses for next week.

I have waited over 10 minutes,not a long time by any stretch,but a fact. I too lived in Jomtien. Agreed,avoid during SoakKran.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

On 14/04/2018 at 02:37, LTGTR said:

Agreed,avoid during SongKran.

Arriving at the bus station in Pattaya from BKK Ekkemai I usually get a shared Bahtbus to Soi Buakhao. Is there any chance of getting a dry transfer on Wednesday. Not so worried about myself, but belongings for the trip would be soaked too and although I have a dry bag for electronic stuff my clothes etc are not waterproofed. Any taxis at the bus station maybe?

19 minutes ago, Ed Setra said:

Arriving at the bus station in Pattaya from BKK Ekkemai I usually get a shared Bahtbus to Soi Buakhao. Is there any chance of getting a dry transfer on Wednesday. Not so worried about myself, but belongings for the trip would be soaked too and although I have a dry bag for electronic stuff my clothes etc are not waterproofed. Any taxis at the bus station maybe?

Just to be sure I would buy some kitchen plastic foil and wrap my suitcase. 

Edited by eXplosief

Good idea.

3 minutes ago, eXplosief said:

Just to be sure I would by some kitchen plastic foil and wrap my suitcase. 

If its the morning you should be water free in Buakhao, afternoon you'll get soaked. Baht buses are no.1 target

2 questions

1-from soi bukhao how do i take a baht bus to buddha hill temple

2- same from soi bukhao how do i reach the theprasit night market and back

On 17.4.2018 at 19:20, i_love_3somes said:

2 questions

1-from soi bukhao how do i take a baht bus to buddha hill temple

2- same from soi bukhao how do i reach the theprasit night market and back

1. If you want to climb the hill(I would not as it's atleast 1 km of very steep climbing) just hop out when the bus goes to Thappraya road. I would take a mototaxi from the beginning.

2. Really can not do this. I think Thepprasit night market is over rated. Overpriced stuff and food. Go to Buakhao market at the afternoon on Tuesday or Friday. If you insist going to Thepprasit market, take mototaxi again.

• 1 month later...

Guys, can I have a update on the price , is it still 10 bht for each ride per oerson ?