IGNORED

Newbie Guide to Baht Buses

philkrenshaw

Is it stll 10 baht?

Is it stll 10 baht?

Yes.

• 2 months later...

This is very useful. Last time I didn't ride because I had no idea what the deal was. Will for sure use this on my upcoming trip. Thank you!

• 1 month later...

The Baht Busses are my favourite form or transport anywhere I can find them in Thailand, I ensure I have a business card to where I am staying or somewhere nearby (so I can get home).

I then go out and get on one and ride until I see something interesting or end up where I started from, take notice of the number on the vehicle and colour.

Pay the money and get off, not all are the same price and if you are worried about being charged more than the locals just watch what others pay.

I found doing this alone is best as the locals will try and talk with you, I have met some great people that way, less touristy areas seem to be the best as you become novelty.

I always start early and once I have had enough I will try and get home the same way but if not a Tuk Tuk or feet will always get you there with help of the card with the address.

Remember getting lost is how you find things you never saw before.

• 4 months later...

In the dim-and-distant past I once took a song-thaew along the Sukhumvit Road all-the-way to Si Racha !  And back early-evening several hours later.

But the song-thaews running South down Soi Buakow, having turned in right off Pattaya Klang, where they actually start from, I've always wondered ?  There must be a better way to catch one, than merely walking East up Pattaya Klang from the beach to Soi Buakow, and waiting at the start of the soi ?

Edited by semi-retired member

I know its only 10 baht but I always pay 20, cos I never ever have small change. Am I bothered about 10 baht?  Nope.

i heard they try to take advantage of tourists who not been there before. they will try to overcharge the bus fee or shortchange you the money.

• 5 weeks later...

When I arrived in the bus station at North Pattaya rd from Bangkok, travelers were sorted into two bath buses. One for farang and the other for thai people. For the "farang bath bus" the price was 50 bath. I think for the "thai bath bus" is was 10 bath. I crossed the North Pattaya rd and got a bath bus there for 10 bath.

If you give them a 20 they sometimes won't give you change.

I really want to learn more of the routes but am worried I am gonna end up in the middle of nowhere. All I ever do is the Beach/2nd circuit. Would like to try a Jomtiener

Countdown Clocks

I really want to learn more of the routes but am worried I am gonna end up in the middle of nowhere. All I ever do is the Beach/2nd circuit. Would like to try a Jomtiener

Likewise. I haven't a clue how to find the Jomtien-bound baht buses. You'd think they'd stick a sign up or something !

I'll give it a go next month, hope for the best and try post the results.

On an unrelated matter if I stop posting suddenly, tell my family that I love them.

Countdown Clocks

Likewise. I haven't a clue how to find the Jomtien-bound baht buses. You'd think they'd stick a sign up or something !

When I get to my PC, I will post a link to a PA thread, where I have posted map and pics of all the major baht bus stops.

In the mean time the Jomtium bound bus starts on the south side of 2nd Rd and the Pattaya Tai intersection.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

When I arrived in the bus station at North Pattaya rd from Bangkok, travelers were sorted into two bath buses. One for farang and the other for thai people. For the "farang bath bus" the price was 50 bath. I think for the "thai bath bus" is was 10 bath. I crossed the North Pattaya rd and got a bath bus there for 10 bath.

If it is troublesome to spell Baht, just say local currency. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well done, Brilliant! Now all I have to do is remember it. Many thanks from a new newbie.

I'll give it a go next month, hope for the best and try post the results.

On an unrelated matter if I stop posting suddenly, tell my family that I love them.

Try these links:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34997-baht-bus-route/?p=556690

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/91773-understanding-the-baht-bus/?p=1449793

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/86474-baht-bus-routes/?p=1365613

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/pattaya%20blue%20baht%20bus%20routes.pdf

• 5 months later...

The Baht Busses are my favourite form or transport anywhere I can find them in Thailand, I ensure I have a business card to where I am staying or somewhere nearby (so I can get home).

I then go out and get on one and ride until I see something interesting or end up where I started from, take notice of the number on the vehicle and colour.

Pay the money and get off, not all are the same price and if you are worried about being charged more than the locals just watch what others pay.

I found doing this alone is best as the locals will try and talk with you, I have met some great people that way, less touristy areas seem to be the best as you become novelty.

I always start early and once I have had enough I will try and get home the same way but if not a Tuk Tuk or feet will always get you there with help of the card with the address.

Remember getting lost is how you find things you never saw before.

great post and great idea for mini adventurer i am gonna try this

• 2 months later...

Hey there !

I found few maps of songtheaw roads, but I found nothing regarding if they are operating on 3rd road ?

Can anyone enlight me please ?

• 9 months later...
On 10/5/2016 at 4:46 PM, mathewparis said:

Hey there !

I found few maps of songtheaw roads, but I found nothing regarding if they are operating on 3rd road ?

Can anyone enlight me please ?

no, no service third rd unless you charter your own

• 3 weeks later...

Wish i'd read this before I went on my first trip. If you go and talk to the driver instead of just hopping on they're prone to taking advantage of foreigners. A 10bacht trip can easily turn into a 100 bacht one. Oh well lesson learned

• 5 weeks later...
On 13.8.2017 at 15:17, Playboy88 said:

Wish i'd read this before I went on my first trip. If you go and talk to the driver instead of just hopping on they're prone to taking advantage of foreigners. A 10bacht trip can easily turn into a 100 bacht one. Oh well lesson learned

Same. This was good information.