IGNORED

Robin's Nest Restaurant

philkrenshaw

Located on the East side of Soi Diania Inn between 2nd Road and Buakow. Diana is pretty much directly East of Mike’s Mall. The restaurant is open air (no air conditioning).

I arrived at Canterbury Tales early on a Sunday afternoon, and went looking for something to eat. I ran across the 199 Baht Sunday Carvery at the Robin’s Nest. It was fairly empty—I guess I was there at an odd time, around 2:30 in the afternoon. Feeling dubious about a mostly empty restaurant, I asked if I could take a look at the food. It looked fine, so I went for it.

No Thai food here. Fine by me. I’d just finished 8 days in Vietnam, on a lot of tours picking bits of meat out of rice or noodles. It felt great to have a big slab of meat that needed a knife and fork! There was a fellow carving Beef, Pork and Ham. They also had chicken, but no carving needed. Mixed vegetables, peas, roast potatos, mashed potatos, gravy, soup, probably a few other things I don’t remember or didn’t have. All I felt was missing was some bread or rolls. I had the beef and ham. Maybe not prime cut, but tasty and filling. You get ice cream for dessert. Beverages are not included. I had a Coke Light for 45 B.

I enjoyed it enough that I had it again the following Sunday. The 2nd time a girl was showing me to the buffet and mentioned the “gravy soup” which started me laughing. I stuck to just the roast beef this time.

A few days later, walking by there was a sign for 99 Baht Roast Beef Dinner. So I had it. The waitress asked if I had come back for the "gravy soup." I guess not just bar girls have a good memory. Pretty much the same stuff I chose at the carvery (beef, roast potatos, mashed potatos, mixed vegetables) for half price, except no ice cream.

I’ve seen some comments on the forum that the food here is crap. But it was good enough for me, and a step up from the fast food I usually eat. I guess I’m not pretentious enough. The only downside for me was no air conditioning.

Edited by philkrenshaw

Next time try their chicken burger/sandwich and then update the review. But just a friendly warning-have some stomach tablets before you do, because that chicken is not really a chicken but i am really unsure what and the smell of it is just as bad as the taste( of course the place may have changed, i think it was for sale, so may be the food has also changed) but sadly i am not willing to risk it again.

One other great feature of the place when i ate there last was that our bill was wrong, over charged by about 120 baht. When we brought that up with the waitress, she advised that there is no much she can do, because the original waitress who served us has already finished work, so bill can not be changed.

After having a laugh, as we thought it was a joke, we learned that it was not. So we advised her that we will not be paying anything at all because the waitress who has already left told us it was all free.

Funny enough by some miracle bill was adjusted within minutes, but of course no apology was given since we were just "bird shit" farangs

Its a really great place with excellent service and food :GoldenSmile1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

One other great feature of the place when i ate there last was that our bill was wrong, over charged by about 120 baht. When we brought that up with the waitress, she advised that there is no much she can do, because the original waitress who served us has already finished work, so bill can not be changed.

After having a laugh, as we thought it was a joke, we learned that it was not. So we advised her that we will not be paying anything at all because the waitress who has already left told us it was all free.

Thats one i must remember, pure genius

To be fair i have eaten there on the sunday a few times and always found it good, never a problem.

not sure i have ever had the chicken, stick mainly to the pork/beef/lamb

They have some good offers on sometimes so if your in the area and hungry its worth passing by just to see

For the money i suppose there Sunday Roast is ok.Personally i'd rather pay more and get all the trimmings,plus more meat choice, at The Sportsman or Queen Vic.

I found the buffet to be tasteless and almost inedable 200 bht and i still felt riped off

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

I had a moan about this place last year, but it was the one on soi buckow??? I noticed it has a new name now so that was obviously sold on

Funny enough by some miracle bill was adjusted within minutes, but of course no apology was given since we were just "bird shit" farangs

Its a really great place with excellent service and food :GoldenSmile1:

:Good_One:

I was there last month, some waitresses really need ....

images.jpg

• 2 weeks later...