IGNORED

Must visit restaurants ?

juniordk

Hi,

Some other BMs have started threads on Must-Do sexual experiences, sightseeing etc.

Aside from the above I also enjoy really good food.

So please help me compile a Must-Do lists of eateries in Pattaya.

I will start by naming Rhun Thai - for good food, nice setting and having traditional thai dancers.

Juniordk

nice--%C3%A0-classe_medium.jpg

In Thailand money talks and I am all talk.

here are some of my favourites...

mumaroi on third rd. - thai seafood restaurant, best ive been to in pattaya

hopf on beach rd. - great german themed restaurant, i recommend the pork hock with saukraut and mashed potato

ramen soup noodle restaurants in central festival

italian restaurant on walking st next to Lucifer, very good spaghetti marinara and parma ham pizza

bon appetit!

Would agree with the Ruan Thai on 2nd road, great Thai food, not silly prices and a good traditional Thai feel with the Dancers especially good for taking people on their first time Thai meal in Pattaya, for a good Indian the Tikka centre on soi Bauhkow, opp soi Honey, good Indian style authentic not expensive, for American style ribs etc Tequila reef is good soi 7.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

for a good Indian the Tikka centre on soi Bauhkow, opp soi Honey, good Indian style authentic not expensive

Cheers for info, will have to check this out in Dec. Haven't noticed the place before, must be close to the Butchers Pub?

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Cheers for info, will have to check this out in Dec. Haven't noticed the place before, must be close to the Butchers Pub?

Yes not far, its directly opposite soi Honey on soi Bauhkoa.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

When hungry for a mid level priced (B500) steak: "Beefeater" located opposite Mike shopping Mall on second road.

When hungry for a high level (B1-2.000) steak, and want to treat myself : "Manhattans Steakhouse" at Thappraya road on the way from Pattaya to Jomtien

mmmm I got hungry now, damm 2;30AM :Hit_Self:

• 3 weeks later...

There's a place way down Jomtien past Soi 11 on the beach road, called Cafe le Mar, yellow sign. Great atmosphere and I swear the best pizza I've had in Asia. They do Thai food pretty well and without ripping you off too bad - their Yum Makeua and Woon Sen is real nice, their Pla Sam Rot (fried fish) is big and meaty, they've got free internet in the place on the patio and on the beach in front, great outdoor covered patio with fans and TVs, not too busy but well done. You can watch premier league in peace. And they've got Hofbrauhaus (HB) Dunkel Weizen for a reasonable price, goes nice with an anchovy spicy salami pizza.

Klein Heidelberg is on Soi 16/1 just off Na Kleua, try their reiberdatschi (potato pancakes), their breakfast omelet is filled with potatoes onions cheese and bacon, and their jagerschnitzel is great - the sauce could be a little more saucy and less mayonaissey, but they splurge and give you awesome Dusseldorfer mustard, perfect match for the sausages there. Their chef does Thai food great too (for a Thai palate at least). They serve Weihenstephaner.

I hate to recommend a seemingly touristy place, but if you want to take some visiting friends somewhere not too crazy but good quality in a good location, Zico's Brazilian BBQ in front of Central Festival for about 1000 baht is 2+ hours of all you can eat fresh off The Grill sliced frmo skewers to your plate meats - maybe 10 different kinds (they say 15 but I don't think I've seen 15), all you can drink wine (acceptable basic table wine) or all you can drink beer for 2 hours, sit outside and get drunk with good food and try not to cry about the price too much, people watch, also they serve a coffee that I never had before called ahhhhh di Manfredi or something, outstanding double espresso and the end of the meal to get you back on your feet and ready for some bars. Oh and there's a small buffet salad bar inside, not bad, and every half hour or so after 8 a couple of leggy breasty actual Brazilian dancers in Carnivale type get up come out and shake their booty for a few minutes. Tacky but your guests might enjoy it (esp if they're Thais).

• 2 weeks later...

here are some of my favourites...

mumaroi on third rd. - thai seafood restaurant, best ive been to in pattaya

hopf on beach rd. - great german themed restaurant, i recommend the pork hock with saukraut and mashed potato

ramen soup noodle restaurants in central festival

italian restaurant on walking st next to lucifer, very good spaghetti marinara and parma ham pizza

bon appetit!

the home made beer ain't bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rocket fuel

Would agree with the Ruan Thai on 2nd road, great Thai food, not silly prices and a good traditional Thai feel with the Dancers especially good for taking people on their first time Thai meal in Pattaya, for a good Indian the Tikka centre on soi Bauhkow, opp soi Honey, good Indian style authentic not expensive, for American style ribs etc Tequila reef is good soi 7.

Best Indian's is up Pratumnak hill next to tarra court,turn off Thappraya road at Manhattans,trust me, try it!

i will try zicos he was one of the best in brazilian fotball in the 80 ths,so hope the restaurant is in the same standard.

Anything on new orleans restaurant?was in the one in bangkok same owner? i follow this thread carefully for my upcoming trip.

This is each to their own obviously, but my personal favorites are Mata Hari, which is in the neighborhood of Soi 7 and 8. Baan Thai in central road is also amazing if you're looking for a nice atmosphere and traditional Thai food. Pretty expensive, but still worth it for a special occasion. :)

the pig and whistle is great for an english fry up, decent price and massive portions, set in a nice english pub style setting

There is a Thai restaurant on the 1st floor of View Talay 2A that is excellent and inexpensive.

There's a place way down Jomtien past Soi 11 on the beach road, called Cafe le Mar, yellow sign. Great atmosphere and I swear the best pizza I've had in Asia. They do Thai food pretty well and without ripping you off too bad - their Yum Makeua and Woon Sen is real nice, their Pla Sam Rot (fried fish) is big and meaty, they've got free internet in the place on the patio and on the beach in front, great outdoor covered patio with fans and TVs, not too busy but well done. You can watch premier league in peace. And they've got Hofbrauhaus (HB) Dunkel Weizen for a reasonable price, goes nice with an anchovy spicy salami pizza.

Klein Heidelberg is on Soi 16/1 just off Na Kleua, try their reiberdatschi (potato pancakes), their breakfast omelet is filled with potatoes onions cheese and bacon, and their jagerschnitzel is great - the sauce could be a little more saucy and less mayonaissey, but they splurge and give you awesome Dusseldorfer mustard, perfect match for the sausages there. Their chef does Thai food great too (for a Thai palate at least). They serve Weihenstephaner.

I hate to recommend a seemingly touristy place, but if you want to take some visiting friends somewhere not too crazy but good quality in a good location, Zico's Brazilian BBQ in front of Central Festival for about 1000 baht is 2+ hours of all you can eat fresh off the grill sliced frmo skewers to your plate meats - maybe 10 different kinds (they say 15 but I don't think I've seen 15), all you can drink wine (acceptable basic table wine) or all you can drink beer for 2 hours, sit outside and get drunk with good food and try not to cry about the price too much, people watch, also they serve a coffee that I never had before called ahhhhh di Manfredi or something, outstanding double espresso and the end of the meal to get you back on your feet and ready for some bars. Oh and there's a small buffet salad bar inside, not bad, and every half hour or so after 8 a couple of leggy breasty actual Brazilian dancers in Carnivale type get up come out and shake their booty for a few minutes. Tacky but your guests might enjoy it (esp if they're Thais).

001_Sawasdee.GIFAnd 001_Thank_You5.giffor recmmend.Cheers

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

The Red Lion on Soi Khoa Noi next to the Black Sheep Bar,been there numerous times and never had a bad meal yet.

Farang and Thai food and both very good.

For Thai food only there's a place opposite the Immigration Soi in Jomtien across the new road,can't remember the name but the food is really good and not expensive,155 bt for me and the Mrs last night.

• 4 years later...

As Bier Stüble on Soi 7 is closed for summer holiday (mid-May to mid-September) I decided to give Alt Heidelberg on Beach Road, not far from Walking Street, a try.
When I arrived I was the only customer inside.
The owner was watching German television on a small screen next to the bar.
The interior looks as if it has remained the same for at least thirty years.
The waitress gave me a Russian menu and I had to insist to get a German one.
I ordered a
Spargelsuppe (asparagus soup) at 125 baht and a Schweinshaxe at 395 baht.
The soup contained short pieces of very thick white asparagus (perhaps preserved ones) that tasted like straw.
As mentioned in the English translation (“deep-fried pork knuckle”) the
Schweinshaxe was indeed deep-fried instead of roasted, which was disgusting.
(I thought the English translation was wrong when I read it.)
In Germany I have eaten several times
Schweinshaxe, which was always roasted, not deep-fried.
I have also eaten
Eisbein, which is the same part of the pig, but boiled with spices instead of roasted.
I have always been wary of restaurants in Pattaya promoting themselves with signs in Russian.
Those signs seem to scare westerners off and it is very doubtful if they will attract many Russians, if any.
I fear that signs in Russian are part of a strategy of desperate owners who know their quality is too poor to attract western patrons.

post-73366-0-88140700-1432918457.jpg

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

i will try zicos he was one of the best in brazilian fotball in the 80 ths,so hope the restaurant is in the same standard.

Anything on new orleans restaurant?was in the one in bangkok same owner? i follow this thread carefully for my upcoming trip.

New Orleans on Pattayaland 2 (Soi 13/4) has become Malibu something.

Anyway it was disgusting.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

I see this as the same as favorite restaurant, and that I do have to say is lady pink so far. No dancers or anything fancy, but I really like the overall package. Good food for a cheap price and is nice located on the BR. But there are probably a lot better out there, I will probably get an new favorite after my next visit.

• 2 weeks later...

I see this as the same as favorite restaurant, and that I do have to say is lady pink so far. No dancers or anything fancy, but I really like the overall package. Good food for a cheap price and is nice located on the BR. But there are probably a lot better out there, I will probably get an new favorite after my next visit.

Yes The Pink Lady must be doing something right they have been in business since the 1980s to my knowledge but I actually prefer the food at The Seaside just behind TPL,cheaper, bigger and better cooked portions (IMO)  but the setting is not so good.

Yes The Pink Lady must be doing something right they have been in business since the 1980s to my knowledge 

But not as popular as one time, when there was at least 5 branches around town.

I find the Thai Food is all a bit too Touristy.

I really enjoy Bibimbap, a Korean restaurant in the square at the Naklua end of Second  Road.  It's round the corner from Burger King. The food is interesting, varied and delicious.

I visit at lunchtime, when it's quiet.  I expect that it's livelier in the evening.

Archived