Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Safes in Hotel Bedrooms

Rucksack

Hi there Guys,

As you can see from earlier posts im coming there on 23rd sept,What is the room safe situation?.Im staying in Sunshine residences.Are pickpockets common around pattaya.Any recomendations for a Newbie?

I think that you will find that it differs from one hotel to the other. I personally never had a problem with a hotel safe in patts or anywhere else in thailand. But I never stay in a hotel until I check the reviews first and make sure that the hotel has some decent reviews.

I think that you will find that it differs from one hotel to the other. I personally never had a problem with a hotel safe in patts or anywhere else in thailand. But I never stay in a hotel until I check the reviews first and make sure that the hotel has some decent reviews.

Cheers Tariq

http://www.pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_room=3&_action=detail&id=117

I always travel with a pacsafe its a portable safe, when you consider how much money/credit cards/travellers cheque's that you may be carrying with you on your travels ,Its worth the peace of mind. When I check -in , everything goes into this portable safe...Cash/passports/camera/mobile/ipod. and then the safe gets locked into the room safe...These safe's are good if your staying at a hotel without a room safe...the metal cord supplied can go around any immovable object in your room.

"You only get two pieces of ass in your life. Your first and your last." Everything in between is extra gravy and I love extra gravy.

I had an encounter with a pick pocket girl. I took a baht bus from Central Festival to get to Soi-6 to join PA Crawl. On the bus there were around 4 girls who started chatting me up and one of them sat next to me. I keep my wallet in the side pocket of my 3/4 pants and pocket is always buttoned. All of a sudden I felt some pressure on that leg and being wary I checked the pocket. The button was undone and wallet was poking out a little bit. I put it back in and buttoned the pocket again and maintained my distance for 2-3 mins. By that time it was time to get off.

So, be safe in crowded areas and keep your belongings in a safe location where you can check them.

I always travel with a pacsafe its a portable safe, when you consider how much money/credit cards/travellers cheque's that you may be carrying with you on your travels ,Its worth the peace of mind. When I check -in , everything goes into this portable safe...Cash/passports/camera/mobile/ipod. and then the safe gets locked into the room safe...These safe's are good if your staying at a hotel without a room safe...the metal cord supplied can go around any immovable object in your room.

Thats a Great Idea,But would customs in airport be weary of it?

Thats a Great Idea,But would customs in airport be wary of it?

The pacsafe is only a canvas-type bag with a steel mesh inside - customs scanners will be able to see what's inside and shouldn't have a problem with it. I took one on my first trip, but never got round to using it as nothing in my room looked that immovable ! As for the room safes...good against opportunist theft from your temporary guest, but easily circumvented. Some find the front-desk safes to be more reassuring, but can be a pain in the arse and have limited overnight access.

Good advice flying_guitars.....

Make sure you warn them of not staying at BJ's 5555555

One of Pattaya's best rules; on returning to your room with your girl, ask her to go shower, put everything in the safe, then you can go join her or what ever, or then you can go shower knowing ALL your valuables are safe, even if she wakes before you she cant sneak out with your stuff and has to wait for you to pay her 1st.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Use the pacsafe mesh bag - I've had problems when the hotel has only lobby safe deposit boxes - putting in a sealed bag puts an end to any problem.

There've been some hotels I've stayed at where the hotel room safe was not bolted down - one could lift it up and walk out easily with the entire box. (It will take about 5 minutes to beat open a safe with a maul, less than two to open it with a power saw.

The management can open the safe (reset the passcode) in less than a minute.

I've got the portable safe (passport, credit cards, etc.) for bulk stuff, http://www.zappos.com/pacsafe-travelsafe-100-portable-safe, and have a fanny pack - though I recommend getting the smaller, the 100, rather than the 200 (too large) when traveling by air (pickpockets, etc...)

http://www.pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_room=3&_action=detail&id=19

Should have no probs in Sunshine, I stayed there and staff really friendly and professional. As for pick pockets etc it's just a matter of keeping your wits about you same as if you were anywhere I guess. I didn't actually use the safe but kept my stuff in my case which I always locked with the padlock thing and while girl was in shower everything but the money I was to give her was in my wallet and I was able to watch her from the shower. :)

Hi there Guys,

As you can see from earlier posts im coming there on 23rd sept,What is the room safe situation?.Im staying in Sunshine residences.Are pickpockets common around pattaya.Any recomendations for a Newbie?

I was there at the Sunshine last month. I stayed on the top floor and it had a safe. Worked out good.

Should have no probs in Sunshine,

Yes, I agree. Sunshine is safe.

The only problem you'll get in there is that sometimes they don't accept girls under 21yo. I think this is worst than loosing all your money...

Edited by jojomecanic

A bolted down safe is a must for any room

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 5 months later...

I normally stay at Flipper Lodge, soi 8 They were not safe in the room last summer, just a safe at reception. BUT, they have a security guard who register and "borrows" identification to your guest, AND when the guest goes during the night or before you, they call you in the room, so you can check if everything is in order before they get the identification back. Works very well and I guess that the ladies in Soi 8 also aware of this control.

• 1 month later...

Should have no probs in Sunshine, I stayed there and staff really friendly and professional. As for pick pockets etc it's just a matter of keeping your wits about you same as if you were anywhere I guess. I didn't actually use the safe but kept my stuff in my case which I always locked with the padlock thing and while girl was in shower everything but the money I was to give her was in my wallet and I was able to watch her from the shower. :)

Glad to hear Sunshine has room safes, I wasn't sure and had not seen it mentioned.

2 wake ups to go,

Josh

Hi there Guys,

from my experience i can tell you,that i never more want go to a hotel that only have room safe.Look at YOU TUBE for this theme and you will know why.

Ever better they have a safe at the reception.It's ever better then the room option.

And if not,you can rent a safety box at the " MY OFFICE " Travel Office beside of Peppermint a go go in WS.They are open 24 hours.

It's very safe there and you ever can take money out there if you need it.Cheers.

• Like 1

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• 10 months later...

I pefer to use the safes in reception for my passport papers and big cash etc needs two keys to open them , just take out what cash you need each day and as for pickpockets be careful if you go past a group of ladyboys they are all hands grabbing you being all friendly and then you check your pockets and your money as gone , happened to me within 3 hours of my first trip to pattaya lost about 3000b they can [ladyboys and the girls] spot a newbie from a mile off so if your going on your own be very careful ... maybe try to tag along with someone you meet to learn the ropes

• 5 months later...

Will be visiting Pattaya early next year, and being so naive have found the discussions above invaluable, thanks lads!!

http://www.pacsafe.c...n=detail&id=117

Can you recommend a brand name for portable safes???

sound's very good to me.thank's in advance.Cheers mate.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• 1 month later...

Hi there Guys,

Some safes can be opened by simply pressing "0" six times, if it's a 6 digit code, or simply 1234. Use something from Milockie or a cable with an alarm that'll sound REAL LOUD if it's tampered with. Even the LK Metropole has had thefts by the staff (caught on tape twice by a BM here on Pattaya-Addicts). The Pacsafe product is ur best bet!!