Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

where can i get 12 call top up on internet

suffolkcouple

last month i brought a new 12 call sim card from ebay

its an old 9 digit one but was told if i add an 8 after first digit it would work fine.

on the back it has an exp date of 12/2006

shit im not coming over till 29th january

am i right in thinking if i put top up on it now it will be fine.

and 500baht will get me 50 days

if thats correct, where can i buy top up on the internet?

can pay by credit card or paypal

thanks

SUFFOLK COUPLE

still in business in pattaya

but not a bar

I have looked before.. I couldnt find how but anyway you need roaming set on or something? Personally i would forget about it and buy a new sim when you get there, your only taking a few pound.. unless you want to keep the number?

You can get a new sim from so many convience stores..

I have looked before.. I couldnt find how but anyway you need roaming set on or something? Personally i would forget about it and buy a new sim when you get there, your only taking a few pound.. unless you want to keep the number?

You can get a new sim from so many convience stores..

Agree - new SIMS are 99baht inc' a small bit of credit. How much did you pay on ebay including the p&p?

Get a TRUE SIM as they dont hound you with those damn pesky text adverts that 12call seem to send every 5 minutes. I had 12 call and asked them to turn off the edvertising texts. 5 minutes later they were back but they had switched off my REAL message "alerts" and no-one seemed to have a clue how to switch them back on again. I changed to TRUE as the wife was accusing me of avoiding her messages etc when I didnt even know I was getting any.

Edited by whitespider

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Thats not a bad idea although at $13 for 300 baht he is only making about $3 a go and it hardly seems worth the trip to the shop for that let alone the time to scan/email the receipt etc.

All Thai phones allow you to add credit to other peoples numbers so if anyone has a Tilac they want topping up just let me know and I will do it for free. You need to give me her number to be able to do it tho' LOL.

Always best to dial FROM UK to Thailand - not the other way round so when your Tilac calls, call her back.. Calls to Thailand from the UK are 1p per minute to landlines and 2p per minute to Mobiles or Landlines in certain provinces.

To get this price you must use a landline yourself - just dial 08444626464 then follow the instructions - it will TELL you what charge rate you are going to get.

THAT NUMBER IS FROM UK ONLY - I am sure other countries will have similar set-ups.

Braveheart - it might be worth compiling a list of these from the various member countries. You have the UK one now :Birthday_Cake:

I will look into this more next week when I am home. One of the biggest things in North America is the sheer volume of carriers so there are many different ways of calling. I think I will start a new thread on this topic to keep it straight though.

I will look into this more next week when I am home. One of the biggest things in North America is the sheer volume of carriers so there are many different ways of calling. I think I will start a new thread on this topic to keep it straight though.

Braveone - there are lots in the UK too but you can't get cheaper than 1p per minute (I think) and that oe connects 99% of the time whereas others don't. Most callers will be on the 2p rate as most Tilacs will have mobiles not landlines - but it still whacks BTs 50p a minute charge or whatever it is these days. it is certainly a lot cheaper than paying your Tilac to top up her phone and call you .

When I'm home I'm on 8cents a minute. At work I have to use a different plan and it's normally 11 cents but they ahve just given me a deal so it's down to 8 cents a minute as well.

• 2 years later...

if thats correct, where can i buy top up on the internet?

can pay by credit card or paypal

thanks

You can buy online credit for DTAC, AIS or True at thaiprepaidcard.com. They take Paypal and some others. Have used it and the send the code right away.