IGNORED

New Tony Gym in Jomtien

Kola

Hello, just a quick review, the tony gym in jomtien has opened for about a month. When you go towards jomtien beach, where there is the buddha in the water, near 7/11 facing minimart, you take the dirty road in between, it turns on the left and then you see Tony's big board.

I went there 4 times. They say it's open 24h which is a plus, but for how long?

There are 4 floors, each have machines except the top floor which has two massage baths, one hot one cold as well as a sauna with 2-3 seats.

Each floor (maybe not the first/ground one, I don't remember as I don't exercice on this one) have one toilet/shower for boy and one for girls. The lockers are in the room, on each floor. So there is no changing room.

They don't give towel or padlocks, but can be rented for 40 baht each.

If you want to test it, the best is to pay 180 for one session, after 4 sessions you get one free. This is only for this gym.

After you can take other schemes like 10 sessions for X bahts, for all tony Gyms.

The 180 per session was more interesting for me as I will have unfortunately to leave thailand for several months. I'll probably take a one year subscription when I return.

Hope it helps, I made a map too.

gearth.jpg

Hi Kola. I'm going to pattaya for 2 months in october. Do you know any apartments for roughy 8000 to 12000 baht per month close to tony's gym. Also does tony's have a weighs room or just exerciae equipment? Thanks. :]

it has a weight room yes, on the ground floor.

As for the studios between 8000 and 12000 a month you can look at view talay 1 and 2 and 5, the 2 being a bit closer to the gym. Those are easy to find because you have many appartements for rent. You can see them on the map, they are the big double buildings with pools between them.

But otherwise the whole area has lots of rooms to rent, so you wouldn't have a problem finding one in october as it is not the high season. And the price 8000 - 12000 is fine for a studio, you will not have a problem finding in this range.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, what do you mean by atmosphere?

When I was there the atmosphere was quite plain/bold, as in not chatty, perhaps that's what you mean? You like a place to socialize, kind of?

Personally I don't like Gyms where people know each other too much and chat, I don't know why it's my personnality perhaps, I don't want to meet up people in this place and sure don't want to make new friends at a gym, it's only for exercising that I go there. And when I went there I was almost alone each time, but I don't know how it would feel if packed with people.

Could you please precise what you didn't like about the atmosphere? I'm interested to know if it's what I just wrote or if it is for another thing, since I haven't been in pattaya for 3 months, perhaps things changed a lot in this gym since I went there in the low season..

I myself just wanna play the weight equipments without bathing/sauna. So how much do I have to pay for a day?

• 9 months later...

Hi guys, new member.

I spotted this site and thread as I was googling for Jomtien Gyms. Thought I'd add my tuppence worth as I am a member there - UNFORTUNATELY.

There's a comment made above regardiing the age of the machines. Please take note of that. It seems to me that Mr Tony throws all his old machines into this gym.

I go mainly to rattle off a couple of miles on a treadmill which there are four of in that gym. NONE of them work properly. One is extremely old, one tells me I can run a four minute mile - nice, but not true I'm afraid and the other two like to change speed whenever they please. The last two there also don't like to go above a speed of about 8.0 which is about half of their capacity.

In letters to "Tony" I have been constantly ignored. This outfit only want to take your money. Your satisfaction is not something they care about at all. My advice is find another gym. This one is a waste of money.

Cheers.

Tony's gym/disco/bus service/food court/hotel is out for one thing and one thing only....MONEY. The sooner you figure that our the better, they don't give a rat's ass about the customers and know most are holiday farangs that won't be back and if you are pissed...so what? 5 more holiday farangs to fill your spot.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, new member.

I spotted this site and thread as I was googling for Jomtien Gyms. Thought I'd add my tuppence worth as I am a member there - UNFORTUNATELY.

There's a comment made above regardiing the age of the machines. Please take note of that. It seems to me that Mr Tony throws all his old machines into this gym.

I go mainly to rattle off a couple of miles on a treadmill which there are four of in that gym. NONE of them work properly. One is extremely old, one tells me I can run a four minute mile - nice, but not true I'm afraid and the other two like to change speed whenever they please. The last two there also don't like to go above a speed of about 8.0 which is about half of their capacity.

In letters to "Tony" I have been constantly ignored. This outfit only want to take your money. Your satisfaction is not something they care about at all. My advice is find another gym. This one is a waste of money.

Cheers.

Hey thanks for the head's up. I was going to join for the treadmills too, now I'm having definite second thoughts. It's just that I can't stand the pumping music from california wow (and apparently they only have one CD and only know one level of volume).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Moo 12, Jomtien 2nd Road

From Pattaya headed toward Jomtien on Thappraya Road you will see the Golden Hanuman Statue.  Continue straight onto Jomtien 2nd Road instead of turning right to go to Jomtien beach.  Go past the 7-11 and then turn left on the first Soi you come to.  Walk a few meters down and you will see the sign on your left.  The gym is across the street from Big Mango Properties.

http://tonydisco.com/Locations.html

Archived