Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Phuket murder suspect arrested at UK airport

Benny10

Related posts see here.

Phuket murder suspect Lee Aldhouse arrested at UK airport

Fugitive murder suspect Lee Aldhouse, now in custody in UK.

PHUKET: Fugitive murder suspect Lee Aldhouse has been detained by airport authorities while trying to enter the UK, the Gazette has learned.

Lt Col Anukul Nuket, investigating officer in the case, confirmed that Chalong Police received the news from British officials yesterday.

Chalong Police are now compiling evidence to try and have Mr Aldhouse extradited to Thailand to be charged for the stabbing murder of 23-year-old American Dashawn Longfellow in Rawai on August 14.

Mr Aldhouse, 28, was the target of an international manhunt for almost two weeks, after he allegedly followed the American home and stabbed him after the two engaged in a bar fight in Rawai.

For our initial report click here.

Chalong Police will pass all evidence in the case to the Phuket provincial public prosecutor, who is expected to file an extradition request with the British Embassy in Bangkok as soon as possible.

The embassy will then liaise with Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, he added.

Forensics Police have confirmed that the knife found at the scene was the murder weapon and a report from Vachira Hospital Phuket has confirmed that Mr Longfellow died from the knife wound, Lt Col Anukul said.

More damning evidence is available in the form of CCTV footage of a man closely resembling Mr Aldhouse entering a nearby 7-Eleven convenience store just before the time of the murder and ordering terrified staff to give him knives.

All evidence required for the initial extradition application is expected to be compiled today, Lt Col Anukul said.

Chalong Police hope to have the suspect back in Phuket within a week to be formally indicted, he added.

Brought by Phuket Gazette

Friday, August 27, 2010, 14:21 local time (GMT +7)

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Earlier reports:

American murdered in Phuket; Police hunt ‘killer Brit’

RAWAI: An American man was found stabbed to death in his hotel room near Ya Nui Beach and a search has been launched for the prime suspect, a British Muay Thai boxing student named, so far, only as “Mr Lee”.

Chalong police received a report at 6am today that an American “tourist” had been murdered in his room at an unspecified resort on Ya Nui Soi 2.

At the scene, police found blood stains leading from the front door into the room where the body of Dashawn Longfellow, 23, was found lying on the floor with two stab wounds in the left side of his chest. He was wearing a blue T-shirt and shorts.

Police said a couple of hours earlier this morning, Mr Longfellow was involved in an altercation with Mr Lee, who had been studying Muay Thai at a different training camp.

According to police, Mr Longfellow had driven his motorbike to the Freedom Bar in Rawai to pick up his girlfriend.

While he was waiting for her, he went to the restroom where he encountered Mr Lee, who blocked his entrance to the toilet. This led to a fight between the two boxers, which was broken up by bar patrons and staff.

Police said that after the fight Mr Longfellow took his girlfriend to her home and went back to a shop near the bar before returning to his room. From there, Mr Lee followed the victim back to his resort in Ya Nui where another fight broke out between the two.

It is then, police allege, that Mr Lee stabbed Mr Longfellow in front of his room.

Mr Lee then fled the scene on a motorbike. Police did not give any further details regarding the motorbike.

Mr Longfellow’s body has been taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital for an autopsy.

Saturday, August 14, 2010, 14:53 local time (GMT +7)

Phuket 'Killer Brit' suspect named

PHUKET: Chalong police have confirmed the identity of the prime suspect in the brutal stabbing death of American Muay Thai trainee Dashawn Longfellow in the early hours this morning.

Case Officer Anukul Nookate confirmed to the Gazette that British Muay Thai fighter Lee Aldhouse, 28, is being sought for arrest in the murder of Mr Longfellow at his room at the Ya Nui 2 resort near Ya Nui Beach.

Mr Longfellow's girlfriend, “Ooy”, told the Gazette that he had come on his motorbike to pick her up from work at the Freedom Bar in Rawai at around 1am today.

When he arrived, he had a couple of beers while he waited for her to finish up work, which is usually around 2am, she said.

At some point, Mr Longfellow went to the restroom where he found the entrance to the toilet blocked by Mr Aldhouse and a fight ensued, Ms Oi said.

According to witnesses, Mr Longfellow got the best of his opponent in the brawl before it was broken up by bar patrons and staff.

Ms Oi said that after the fight, the American took her back to his room and left again shortly after to go to a 7-Eleven.

Mr Aldhouse – seeing Mr Longfellow enter and leave the Rawai 7-Eleven – went into the convenience store and obtained two knives and followed his victim home. Police neither confirmed nor denied eyewitness reports that the knives were stolen from the convenience store.

As Mr Longfellow returned home and opened the door to his room, Ms Oi saw the Brit approach her boyfriend from behind.

She said, “At first it didn't look like he [Aldhouse] had anything. We didn't know he had a knife because his hands were in his pockets”. She said a fistfight began between the American and the Brit and the latter pulled out a knife and stabbed Mr Longfellow twice in the chest.

Ms Oi said that her boyfriend rushed inside and shut the door to protect her from the murderous Mr Aldhouse. Ms Oi called the police and an ambulance, but it was too late to save Mr Longfellow.

Police are currently searching for Mr Aldhouse, a Muay Thai fighter who has lived in Thailand for several years and is based in Rawai.

Mr Aldhouse was scheduled to fight former world champion and long term Phuket resident Jomhod Kiatadisak at the grand opening of the Bangla Boxing Stadium last year but pulled out of the fight at the last minute due to injury.

Mr Longfellow, a US Marine, had been in Phuket following a combat injury sustained in Afghanistan, friends said.

Ms Oi said her boyfriend, whom she had been together with for three months, was a friendly, nice and funny guy with many friends.

Saturday, August 14, 2010, 20:40 local time (GMT +7)

Phuket 'killer Brit' has reputation for violence

PHUKET: It has emerged that Lee Aldhouse, the British man being hunted by police in connection with the murder of American Dashawn Longfellow, is “extremely violent” and has threatened to kill in the past.

Sources said Mr Aldhouse first came to Phuket in 2006 to train in Muay Thai. He told people he was from Birmingham, England and had been working as a bouncer in Mallorca, Spain.

Danny Avison was working at Rawai Muay Thai where Mr Aldhouse trained and fought – and remembers him distinctly,

“He came here with an English girl in 2006. He was massive; he was obviously a steroid junky and said he had been working as a bouncer in Spain. In his first fight for Rawai Muay Thai, he knocked the guy down and then dived on him and tried to bite his ear off. You can see it on YouTube.

"He also assaulted the girl that he came with and our trainers were very angry about it and he had to leave the gym.”

In the video, at 3:23, Mr Aldhouse lunges toward his opponent with the intention of biting his ear off, as described by Mr Avison who made the video.

Another source, who did not want to be named while Mr Aldhouse is still at large, told the Gazette: “He is an extremely bad tempered guy, hard to read and touch base with. He changes his mind in a second and is extremely violent.

“One night he was loud and mad drunk on the road outside Laguna [a nightclub in Rawai]. The owner tried to calm him down on his bike. Lee kept screaming: ‘Can I just kill one farang, just one?’”

Sources in Rawai told the Gazette that Aldhouse, who was living near Laem Promthep, often claimed to be from America and had a history of violence. At one stage he was banned from the Freedom Bar, where the original fight with Longfellow occurred, for scaring other drinkers, sources said.

Police have issued an arrest warrant for Aldhouse who has a number of distinctive tattoos, including “Nak Muay” written in Thai on the back of his left leg.

He may be suffering from injuries to his knuckles and other areas of his body from the fight with Mr Longfellow yesterday morning.

Anyone with any information that could help lead to his arrest should contact the Chalong Police Station at 076-381247. Or, for foreigners needing language assistance, call the Gazette crime line (076-273555) and ask for the editor concerned with this case.

Sunday, August 15, 2010, 15:23 local time (GMT +7)

Good, get him back here so he can enjoy the best of Thai jail hospitality. That, of course, is if he is guilty of the crime.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Thanks Benny I have been following this story

I thought the thai police had his passport? he clearly managed to obtain another despite being wanted.

I can't imagine him flying from Bangkok somehow unless there was a huge error by immigration there, the airport security would surely have been alerted?

Oh no Mr Aldhouse, you are not going to holiday camp in Britain, you are going to serve your sentence in Hell.

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

Thanks Benny I have been following this story

I thought the thai police had his passport? he clearly managed to obtain another despite being wanted.

I can't imagine him flying from Bangkok somehow unless there was a huge error by immigration there, the airport security would surely have been alerted?

Oh no Mr Aldhouse, you are not going to holiday camp in Britain, you are going to serve your sentence in Hell.

Will they extradite him though ? When those lovely human rights lawyers get hold of the case I'll bet you he stays in the UK.

Edited by Kessaya

Will they extradite him though ? When those lovely human rights lawyers get hold of the case I'll bet you he stays in the UK.

Sadly you have a point. They can't deport known terrorists now even. Anyway I won't take this thread off topic.

Far from "invincible" the man has shown he is no more than a coward anyway.

I know what you meaning , (dead penalty in Thailand ) , but is possible to extradite if assurance given by Thailand that dead penalty is out as an option for his punishment

happens so with extraditions to USA

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

I know what you meaning , (dead penalty in Thailand ) , but is possible to extradite if assurance given by Thailand that dead penalty is out as an option for his punishment

Unfortunately I can't see it happening.Those human rights lawyers will argue the conditions in Thai jails will infringe his human rights.

I really hope he does come here to trial and serve time but I just can't see it.Hope I'm wrong.

For this kind of crime it’s not likely that any Westerner will get a death sentence in LOS.

But if he is sentenced on Phuket for murder, he can expect a pleasant time in Phuket Provincial Prison which was built in 1906.

Average expenses per prisoner, per day, THB 47.-.

Unfortunately, no steroids will be provided from tax payer’s money.

Here a brief overview about his possible holiday home in a tropical paradise.

I was in Phuket Provincial for three weeks. My bed space was 55x60cm next to a man unwashed in two years. At least two prisoners have unsightly sores that people avoid them for in spite of intimidatingly administered assembly rules. The guards empathise. One I was told 'cuts onions'. At least half of my 126 man cell wear bandanas all night because the open toilets are in the cell. Masturbation and unallowed smoking take place there, generally accepted. The katoeys use a bucket in theirs that they empty daily. In the open sewage moats there is, granted seldom, human faces.

The birds and the flies in abundance gorge your generally nutritionless food before you get to it. I had an embarrassing but scary sore within days of being there. The 'doctor', speculatively unqualified, gawped at it with his lazing around mates in the waiting room as opposed to the surgery. He winced and walked away from me. A lackey of his told me 45 minutes later that it was doubtful that he'd tend to me. Doubtless the media saw prisoners in uniforms as they wore on the 'Trouble in Thailand' docco. The ones we had to wear when visitors came or we went to court or any time the outside world could see us. I was even sent back to shave on my first visit, that was officially 10 minutes but routinely cut short with impunity. Myself and another farang complained that farang always got a humiliating deal, even to a mound of faces in uniform shorts to wear on visits. We were ridiculed by the top officer.

When dignitaries visited, we were locked, squashed up indoors while a select few in uniform walked around pretending all was well and earned brownie points.

The Swede mentioned is not happy. But then . as an officer told me, any of our vetted post will be stopped if anything negative about the prison is written to the outside On appeal he was given another two years totaling more time than his original sentence. Oh propaganda.

Editor:Thanks for your insights. A couple of hours in the sunny quadrangle is certainly vastly different to being inside. Overcrowding will continue to become more of a problem. A new, larger facility does not appear to be a priority. We will renew our request for a complete tour.

Posted by Simon on Wednesday September 16, 2009 at 02:55

Edited by Benny10

Wasn't a brit extradited to Thailand recently?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

It'll be interesting. He's bound to try to avoid deportation but the UK government want the Thai authorities to help them capture UK criminals on the run in Thailand and the Thai authorities have already expressed a willingness to co-operate (It remains to be seen it it will come to much though). If the UK authorities take a holier than thou attitude and refuse to co-operate then how much assistance can they expect from the Thai authorities?

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Aldhouse left Thailand via Khlong Yai immigration on August 17 for Cambodia. The crossing does not have a computer data base. He then flew to Singapore and then to the UK.

hope he get whats coming to him life in the monkey house is worse than the death penalty, well may be the same thing.lets see if they send him back and with what conditions

Death penalty is an easy way out they should lock him up and throw away the key prison without parole . Coward bastard

The scary part is that everyone could run into a psycho like Aldhouse any time and end up like this poor Amercian fellow.

I was surprised he stayed at large as long as he did. It doesn't say much that he managed to get on a flight home with what must have been a forged passport.

What is mind boggling to me,not one word of his capture in the american media,it appears with situation in afghanistan and world in general,we american's don't want to alienate any of our allies,hopefully the BRIT'S do the right thing and send his ass back to LOS.DONT GIVE HIM THE DEATH PENALTY GIVE HIM LIFE IN PRISON!!!!!!!

Testosterone, booze, and girls named Ooy,

Oh yeah, a Brit. Muay Thai fighter and a marine...

In a bar in Thailand late at night..drunk..egos..

It's too bad for everyone concerned.

It may take Months if not years to extradite Aldhouse. He will try to hide behind the Human rights act for certain. It is pretty clear from the evidence we have that he has stabbed a man to death in Thailand, so that's where he should serve his sentence.