IGNORED

Where to Buy? (Condo)

USANA-Thailand

Hi All,

I've been doing a lot of research lately and speaking to a few people who have lived in Pattaya and I think the benefits outweight the negatives when it comes to buying a Condo (In foreigner name) for living and investing. However since there is so much supply I have to be careful not to buy somewhere which will depreciate.

Why do I want to buy?

Save on rent, Get fast ADSL connected for work, and hopefully make money as more baby boomers retire/migrate and more Gen Y's find out and start holidaying to Pattaya which should drive prices up over time. Also with my money I can't buy much here in Australia nor will the bank lend me enough for a decent invementment $400k++ wheres in Pattaya for 100 - 200k you can get some really sexy units.

Requirements:

Central Location (Must be in proximity to Beach ideally in the middle of walking st and Soi6 ie: The Avenue)

High Yield / Easy to rent when needed (I'll probably do 8months OZ 4months TH per year)

Larger than 50sqm

Places I've looked into:

I saw The Avenue Residence near Pattaya Bay Resort but when I inspected the 46-48sqm rooms were just to small for my liking (for my 3m budget). A shame because the location is fantastic close to 2nd rd and not that far from LK

and they also have the Aircons mashed into the corner of the sealings which could cause high issues later I'm told with repairs.

City Garden - I've been looking at as well but just online, does anyone know any additional info to this building? Rooms look nice, location is ok, a bit on the pricey side for the larger ones but I can't fault it too much?

APUS - Looks really awesome but the location just seems way to far away from central.. ground units come with a Jacuzi! But doubt I want to live past 3rd rd.

View Taley 6 - Also another popular one but I've heard there may be construction which will abstract the views?

Ideally would like to spend under 3mill so I can buy out right but if there are other units that are close to the beach/2nd road and offer good capital growth opportunity with high yields I would consider getting a loan and potentially doubling the budget.

Any help or feedback would be appreciated, if anyone has any experience buying a Condo in central Patts? How was the process? Did you notice much increase in value? Easy to rent? ADSL easy to hook up with high speeds?

Cheers

Tom

Tom have you considered Jomtien or Pratumnak as a location?. If not, perhaps take a look. If it's a business decision then it's just as good as central Pattaya.

The best things in life are free... except for really good prostitutes.

I've thought about those areas and believe it would be a pretty safe investment as the prices are much lower, But as I may stay in Thailand up to 6months a year I would really want a place that is central to everything so I can walk everywhere without having to worry about bht bus's and taxi's.

A lot of my hang outs are in Soi Diana so around LK would be close enough to the action for me as well.. but not aware of any condo's for sale in that area?

for investment: naklua/ wong-amat area

good day

Yeah I looked at Wong Amat Northpoint, Same developer as Northshore! Which had huge capital gains (But was central located) How easy is it to access Wong Amat? Do they have bht bus's in town or is it walkable? I would also prefer to invest in the asian areas up north rather than the Russian/Middle Eastern ones down south as a lot more potential for growth and lower crime.

That said I have found a great Unit near the mariotte in central/pattaya bay for under 3mil 82sqm 100metres from the beach, But it sounds too good to be true and can't inspect to November.. Have you got any Data on wong-amat area?

I would look again at the Pratamnack Hill area. It's really not that far, 5 minutes on a BB. You get much more for your money. Living in a 40-50 sq m condo is not really viable long term IMO.