IGNORED

Tragic Balcony Fall Kills American Toddler in Pattaya

khiaao

An American toddler has died after tragically falling from a 10th floor balcony at the View Talay 2 Condominiums in Jomtien on Tuesday. The 4-year-old boy fell from the balcony after reportedly playing on chair placed in close proximity to the railing.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2010/08/25/tragic-death-of-american-toddler-in-pattaya-balcony-accident/

Edit - Photo removed - see post below.

Edge.

That's horrible!!

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Oh hell...As a Father my heart goes out to him. That's awful

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

babydollsaddict.gif

I stayed in the View Talay 2A building last month. These balconies are NOT safe for small children, as they could very easily fit through the gaps in the railings. What was the father thinking, leaving a small child alone there? With a chair, giving easy access to the top of the railings?

RIP little Michael.

Peace.

sgu_banner.gif

Shades of Clapton some years back, except it was his ex that let the child fall. A lot to live with. What a tragedy.

Tears In Heaven

by Eric Clapton and Will Jennings

Would you know my name

If I saw you in heaven?

Would it be the same

If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong

And carry on,

'Cause I know I don't belong

Here in heaven.

Would you hold my hand

If I saw you in heaven?

Would you help me stand

If I saw you in heaven?

I'll find my way

Through night and day,

'Cause I know I just can't stay

Here in heaven.

Time can bring you down,

Time can bend your knees.

Time can break your heart,

Have you begging please, begging please.

Beyond the door,

There's peace I'm sure,

And I know there'll be no more

Tears in heaven.

Would you know my name

If I saw you in heaven?

Would it be the same

If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong

And carry on,

'Cause I know I don't belong

Here in heaven.

probe

I'm sorry but that photo's heartbreaking,any chance it could be removed please ?

Yeah they don't seem to be shy about releasing pics when these things happen. No one wants to see that.

This is Thailand and it is common practice for the press to publish such pictures.

This one involving a young child is particularly sad and it isn't necessary for it to be in the post IMO.

If people choose to follow the link that's up to them.

I also think it would be better if comments suggesting blame could be avoided.

Thank you.

mouse.gif.00a707d30565699b15838265572acd33.gif

How tragic. Ive got 2 beautiful boys myself and I can only imagine what this man is going thru. Lets hope he has other family to give him reason to live too. Myself, I would be jumping off the same balcony.

Also as a father my heart goes out to them.

Sad, looks like he couldn't take it (in reference to Edge's statement, this is the reason why it's bad enough without having to somehow blame or attack the parent unless grossly and/or willingly negligent):

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/27318/grief-stricken-american-commits-suicide-following-recent-death-of-his-4-year-old-son/

A tragic update now on the story we featured on 25th August relating to the death of a 4 year old American boy at View Talay 2 Condominium in Jomtien. The body of the boy’s father, Mr. Brett James Wolfe aged 40, was discovered on Saturday Afternoon in a 5th floor room at the Jomtien Plaza Condotel. A cleaner found the body after repeated knocks to the front door remained unanswered and she therefore used a spare key to enter. Mr. Wolfe was fully clothed and lying on the bed. A glass containing a selection of white and purple sleeping pills was next to the body and an 11 page suicide note was left next to the bed which clearly showed that the pain of losing his son in such a tragic way was too much for Mr. Wolfe to cope with. The suicide note revealed his love for his Son and how sorry he was that he left him on the balcony of his View Talay 2 apartment for a matter of minutes, during which time the boy fell to his death off a chair placed at the edge of the balcony. Police Lieutenant Colonel Anuchert from Dongtan Police Sub-Station, who was the officer assigned to the boy’s death only days ago, inspected the scene of the apparent suicide and confirmed that nothing suspicious was found to suggest third-party involvement in the death. Mr. Wolfe’s body was taken to the Police Forensic Institute in Bangkok for a post mortem examination and the American Embassy in Bangkok have been informed and are currently attempting to locate the former wife of Mr. Wolfe and mother of the boy who resides in The Philippines so she can be made aware of the double-tragedy.
Edited by LonelyMan

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Sad, looks like he couldn't take it (in reference to Edge's statement, this is the reason why it's bad enough without having to somehow blame or attack the parent unless grossly and/or willingly negligent):

One of my first thoughts when I saw that photo was actually the look of anguish on the father's face and I felt this wasn't the time or the place for posts to go in that direction. He could even have been a BM here and wouldn't have needed to read that.

As it turned out, it seems he knew very well where the blame lay and obviously couldn't cope with it. It's the ultimate and final action to take, but fathers of young children here might imagine how it came to that.

He obviously loved the child dearly and was taking care of him without his mother.

A very very sad thing to happen.

May they both R.I.P.

mouse.gif.00a707d30565699b15838265572acd33.gif

very sad... R.I.P

i really felt for him after seeing the pics in the news... still performing cpr on the little guy while everybody was standing around. when i saw that he had ended his life a few days later it made the pain he was feeling all too clear and i couldn't help but wonder if he had any friends or support in his darkest hour.

Living in Pattaya racing motorcycles and drinking like a fish...

Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today