Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best bike rental company in Pattaya

grumps

Just thought I would share my experience for a no hassle good priced bike rental company who gave me great service

I had a short stay in Pattaya last week to finish off some business and needed a auto bike for 10 days and spotted this company on the site.One email confirmed the next day ,delivered to where I stayed and picked up when I was leaving

Best of all probably the easiest transaction done while I was their

The bike was what I had asked for spare helmet as asked for price as quoted with no hidden charges

The old fella who delivered it even smiled :GoldenSmile1:

I don't think you can beat it so if you need a bike in Pattaya try this company

:001_Thank_You5:

Kessaya Motorbike Rentals

Top quality motorbikes available

1 Day-100bt...1 Week-600bt...1 Month-2000bt

Call 087-7440945 or PM me

www.kessayamotorbikerentals.com

Thanks for the tip, I will check these guys out. I like the idea of pickup and delivery. Arrival and departure days are hectic and that's one less thing to "go" deal with. The prices look good compared to what I remember seeing on signs around town too.

Edited by furryman

Do bikes have insurance in Thailand?

To the best of my knowledge you're not insured on any rental bikes. You break it you buy it.

To the best of my knowledge you're not insured on any rental bikes. You break it you buy it.

Hi, Thanks, thought as much.

how much do you think the rental bikes would cost if you totalled it?

I'll answer that one easy enough as we had to basically rebuild a Yamaha Elegance last month.

We had a new frame,new forks,wheels and tyres,a few new panels lights etc etc and it came to less than 6000 bt.Obviously we didn't need everything replacing but the bike had had a good shunt.

To repanel a Nouvo Elegance before cost us 2630 bt.

If a motorbike is stolen while you rent it from us we only ask for replacement costs of that particular bike,we don't expect anyone to replace a second hand bike that cost us 26,000 bt with a new one costing 50,000+ bt.

All receipts are available for viewing at any time.

As I've said before we try to be fair and we don't want to screw anyone out of money.

Oh and thanks for the review old fella ( Grumps ),see you in December.

I sent in an email from their website and got a quote back quickly. I am going to give these guys a try and pass on my impressions.

So far I'm digging the thought of my bike being delivered to my hotel for my first night on the town.

I'm packing my own helmet though. Used helmets marinating in the tropical heat. eww.

I sent in an email from their website and got a quote back quickly. I am going to give these guys a try and pass on my impressions.

So far I'm digging the thought of my bike being delivered to my hotel for my first night on the town.

I'm packing my own helmet though. Used helmets marinating in the tropical heat. eww.

What a lovely thought :GoldenSmile1: Seriously though if the helmets start to look rough or smell rank they are thrown away and replaced with new one's.Don't forget we can supply NEW good quality helmets if required.

I have replied to your email and now just waiting for confirmation from you.

Kessaya,

Why not offer bikes with insurance? I would be prepared to pay the premium to have an insured bike.

Kessaya,

Why not offer bikes with insurance? I would be prepared to pay the premium to have an insured bike.

The bikes are covered by Thai government insurance,which is the equivalant of third party insurance in the UK.

We have been told that it is not possible to insure a rental motorbike against theft by three seperate insurance companies.

You can insure your own motorbike for personal use against theft providing it is under 2 years old.

This subject has been covered on numerous threads and there have been numerous different comments made,I'm only relaying what I was told by the insurance companies I spoke too.

Edited by Kessaya

Kessaya,

Thanks for that. Is theft of bikes a big problem here? I'm thinking of hiring a bike and appreciate your help. Did I read on your site you deliver bikes? Cheers.

Kessaya,

Thanks for that. Is theft of bikes a big problem here? I'm thinking of hiring a bike and appreciate your help. Did I read on your site you deliver bikes? Cheers.

Again bike theft is a grey area here,some will say that 100's are stolen every week,I say not,we've been lucky with only one going missing and that turned out to be a misunderstanding.Locks are provided with each motorbike.

There is free delivery on rentals of 1 week or more in Pattaya/Jomtien,anything less than 1 week we are now charging 50bt for delivery and 50bt collection to cover taxi fares.

If you were looking to hire a motorbike I would book it sooner rather than later,last week we ran out of bikes and had none available for rent.

I'll answer that one easy enough as we had to basically rebuild a Yamaha Elegance last month.

We had a new frame,new forks,wheels and tyres,a few new panels lights etc etc and it came to less than 6000 bt.Obviously we didn't need everything replacing but the bike had had a good shunt.

To repanel a Nouvo Elegance before cost us 2630 bt.

If a motorbike is stolen while you rent it from us we only ask for replacement costs of that particular bike,we don't expect anyone to replace a second hand bike that cost us 26,000 bt with a new one costing 50,000+ bt.

All receipts are available for viewing at any time.

As I've said before we try to be fair and we don't want to screw anyone out of money.

Oh and thanks for the review old fella ( Grumps ),see you in December.

Look forward to it young man and best of luck with the buisness

What a lovely thought :GoldenSmile1: Seriously though if the helmets start to look rough or smell rank they are thrown away and replaced with new one's.Don't forget we can supply NEW good quality helmets if required.

I have replied to your email and now just waiting for confirmation from you.

That is good to know, I have heard some tales about funky rental helmets.

You guys have been right on it with the Emails. Looking forward to meeting you.

Kessaya,

Thanks for the info. What do you have left up to 125cc?

Cheers.

When would you be wanting to rent ? We're pretty well booked up again next month but there are a couple of bikes available.All are 125cc or under.

That is good to know, I have heard some tales about funky rental helmets.

You guys have been right on it with the Emails. Looking forward to meeting you.

Look forward to meeting you too,give us a call when you get to Banglamung and we'll have the bike at your room for you.

Thanks for the business.

The bikes are covered by Thai government insurance,which is the equivalant of third party insurance in the UK.

As far as I am aware this insurance only pays out for injuries/death to third parties, damage to other vehicles/property is not covered.

As far as I am aware this insurance only pays out for injuries/death to third parties, damage to other vehicles/property is not covered.

This has been gone over so many times on so many different threads and there's so many different interpretations it's a nightmare,I've been told that it covers damage to ALL third parties.

But this is Thailand and we all know there will be different rules for farangs and Thai's.

Ride carefully and don't have an accident is the best advice.

I'm sorry if I sound flippant but honestly this subject has been done to death without any satisfactory outcome,everyone knows or has heard something different on this subject.

Hey, PM me. I responded on your classified..section- as well. I know- I keep changing plans, but the X has me again-I keep attempting freedom but to no avail.

Still coming to Jomtien..please don't tell my lady of all my mongering plans..and while I think your lady.. is cute..so is mine..

We can all- get together- just don't tell your young lady of all of my dasderdly plans because, undoubtedly she... will then, tell my young lady!!! Oh hell, this is Thailand..NOooo Problem... but my lady, YEsss Big Problem..

I plan to get to Jomtien same/same time. late afternoon of Sept. 2...but, will call you from hotel..........so, you know I am there..I would want your best available M.B. with one of those -XL- falang helmets, and another for my lady, whatever insurance ya can muster..

I do have an international drivers permit. with a chain and lock another lock for tire.. and even with the cup holder..a great idea!!

A Cement block so my lady.. can chain me to it...as with bike :GoldenSmile1: . I will most likely be looking for freedom!!

And -as far as my response- to your last PM well, it just excited me--that's all!!

We will have to go out with both of our lady's. My lady is from Bangkok.. PM me.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I think I am going to buy and bring my own helmet with me. Do you think a full face or open face helmet is ok? I am only planning on riding locally around Pattaya and not going far.

Also, if I leave a full face on the bike might it stand out and be a target for thieves?

Thanks.

I think a full face is going to be really hot. The one i am bringing from home looks a lot like this one:

is2black1-sm.jpg