IGNORED

Busy or quiet? We speak with Bar Owners on Walking Street.

LaaMok

I find this interesting as I believe last week that I read somewhere that tourist numbers in Phuket are up 40-50% over last year. I wonder what the national numbers will turn out to be?

Hi Guys,

Well on Christmas Eve, with all the boys still suffering from the Saturday night hang-overs, and therefore staying at home, :D I took myself off on a mini prowl.

The intention was to see what was happening and be home by midnight, ready for an early start for Christmas dinner.

First stop for a few "warmers into the bank", (someone explain to them :P ) was the UTOO bar, this place has come on leaps and bounds since it raised its banner just a couple of months ago. The line-up here would be the envy of many WS gogo's, whilst their attitude is something other bars could learn from. No pressure for drinks here, just good service, real lick-her and the attention of good looking personable girls, should you so Desire.

Called in for one, stayed for 4/5 and filled up on their buffet, what no roast pig :Dance:

Then it was off to Walking Street, grabbed a baht bus, and low and behold beach road was virtually clear of traffic, it took no time to reach WT and the first port of call, Heaven Above, for those that have not been here for a while they have re-vampted the place a little, the beds have gone and given way to sofa seating and generally there is more room and you do not feel so cramped.

Being about 2300hrs now I was expecting it to be packed, not the case several seats available and no-one standing, seemed to have more than enough girls and had a few shows going on between the standards pole shuffles. Had 2 drinks and it being Crimble bought a couple of LD's, chatted to a few of the girls who said that generally it was quiet. So I up sticks and headed for NLD1 just across the road.

Again, far from capacity, with loads of girls stood around waiting their turn to dance. Seating available both on the bench's and around the tables. The line up here seems to have got heavier and lacks the quality it once boasted. Yet again a few of the girls told me it was very quiet, with few genuine punters. Only stayed here for the one drink and a LD B) then moved onto FLB.

This along with the UTOO bar was the busiest of the estblishments I had been in, having said that it was far from being packed. Again having got seated, I passed the time of day briefly with MM and then had a chat with Rick. They seemed 'satisfied with the way things were going, but then they have a few parties in the kitty with more to come and a lot of repeat business.

Over-all I have seen it busier in August /September than what I saw that night. As I was due to go out for Christnas Dinner, I headed on home, leaving at about 0030hrs, empty roads and bags of taxi's of both kinds.

The majority of the crowd walking was made up of Russian Couples, Koreans and indians. Over 70% I would say. I sat in an open bar and watched for a while, just to get a feel of those walking about.

dog

Edited by dog

Well Guys I have tried for well over an hour to upload some pictures of Walking Street last night, unfortunately the site/net is to slow. I will try agin tomorrow.

Dog

Edited by dog

You have no idea how badly those pics make me wish I was there right now. I almost shed a tear.

I can see what you mean about it being slow though. Last holiday season it was packed from one end to the other between XMas and New Year's and you could barely move some times. There is a lot of empty space in those photos. :Depressed:

Nice post, Dog.

Those pics look on the one hand enticing and on the other hand empty. The scarce amount of folks don't look like they are having a good time, I don't see any hot Thai girls, just a handful of Western farangs, etc.

I continue to maintain that the Mongering community is showing its displeasure with the drasticaly higher prices, fatter and uglier whores, shittier attitudes, and the weakened dollar to the baht. They are choosing to go elsewhere, as would I have if I had it to do all over again.

• 2 years later...
Nice post, Dog.

Those pics look on the one hand enticing and on the other hand empty. The scarce amount of folks don't look like they are having a good time, I don't see any hot Thai girls, just a handful of Western farangs, etc.

I continue to maintain that the Mongering community is showing its displeasure with the drasticaly higher prices, fatter and uglier whores, shittier attitudes, and the weakened dollar to the baht. They are choosing to go elsewhere, as would I have if I had it to do all over again.

so cheap charlie were would you go to?

BIGSY

so cheap charlie were would you go to?
What's the point of digging up and resurrecting a 2+ year old thread?

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What's the point of digging up and resurrecting a 2+ year old thread?

Because there were no 5 year old threads on the same subject? I remmember talking to some bar owners in Nana in 1998 about whether they would be able to renew their leases..............................

AFTERDARK MAGAZINE

ONLY THE HOTTEST GIRLS!

Volume 15 available April 2nd

2010 AFTERDARK CALENDAR

Available NOW