IGNORED

airlines taking the p###

stevo69

ive been flying out to los for 10 years now and december has always been a expensive month to go,but this year there taking the piss with the prices.hard to find a flight on a decent airline for less than £800 during december and even early january are usually high.alot of my friends are flying out either side of december to advoid the cost of the flights.iam going to wait nearer the time and see if the prices come down,if not i be flying out in january.i love xmas in los but this year i might have to give it a miss....anyone else out there thinking the same?

Which sites were you looking at? All the ones I checked were like 1000 cheapest so if I get 800 even that would be good. I was looking on travel supermarket.

i looked at going over xmas but cheapest flight was £980 no stops eva air so now leave on 30 nov and its £480 do they pay there staff more at this time of year tacking the p** or wot and the hotels are cheaper :P still watever time i go i allways have a good time so roll on 1st dec

MIKE

Got no interest in being there at Crimbo,been looking for mid to late Jan and £650 for Eva and £515 for Jet and Kingfisher.

I imagine this is pure economics. When your product is in great demand (like a holiday period), you up the price to make as much quick cash as you can whilst the busy period lasts. Add to that the hit to airline profitability as the financial crisis bit hard into the number of people travelling, and you get a double whammy with even higher prices, with the airlines trying even harder to make a profit for the year instead of a loss.

Just FYI, I'm flying from Perth to BKK (return) in October. I had a choice of flying with a budget airline for $670 (380 GBP), or full economy with one of the major airlines. In the end, just for a change, I decided to fly with Thai Airways. My return ticket was $1250 AUD, which is 717 quid, low season and of course I'm way nearer to BKK than the UK is. Not really that cheap huh?

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

I checked yesterday on travel supermarket for the same dates late December till early Jan and there seems to be more choice at cheaper prices. Most were around 750 a few even around 650. Air China had some nice deals, stopping of in Peking though.