IGNORED

What's your workout routine like at home/Pattaya?

QuotaMan

Not sure where to put this one, but what's your guys workout routine like at home and when you visit Pattaya/Thailand? I see a lot of gym threads so it's nice to see people interested in staying fit wherever they go.

Back home the majority of my workout consists of going outside and running. I've been sidelined the past month by gout (f**k that hurts like a mother), but hopefully will be able to get back soon. Most I ran is about 7 miles, but I average 4 times a week, anywhere from 4-6 miles at a time. I used to be a member of a gym but it was too much money so my company has a small gym I use. It has some free weights in it and some cardio machines.

I used to do a weightlifting routine like the bodybuilders did, split body parts where I do arms one day, chest next, etc. Recently I was doing a lot of crossfit type of stuff, but I might go back to the old bodybuilding routine.

Vacationing in Pattaya I have not used any of the big Gyms like Tony's. Most of the hotels I had did not have any Gyms in it, so most of my exercise consisted of running along the beach road and doing things like pushups and situps in my hotel room. Next time though I will think about hitting the gym for a few week membership.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I am looking at joining Tony's since it will be close to where I am staying. I mainly do cardio by riding a bike. I used to do lifting but I didn't like the bulking effect. My clothes were getting tight on me because of muscle mass and that reminded me too much of being over weight again. I now just lift once a week and that's plenty, do a full body routine and then go back to the bike.

My main goal in Pattaya is to maintain to help reduce the effects of too much beer. Plus I don't want to come back and hit the gym and just about die. I am doing a month in Thailand so keeping my fitness routine up will be important.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

Cardio work mostly... I want to have the stamina to keep going until the little guy goes down...

Mostly Elliptical and Bike machines due to knee surgeries when travelling.

Stretching and weights but weight work not for mass just to reduce injury and help the cardio work. Add in some Kegel exercises. Do throw in a stretch band just to do something once in a while.

Would like to get into Yoga and Pilates more but have not yet (not enough time in the day seems like).

At home I bike alot. When travelling (not in Asia) I try to do two sessions a day, one work out and then something else to keep the blood flowing later. Walking stairs in hotels instead of elevators for example just something on top of a work out.

When I'm in Pat's or Manila I try to get in a big work out once a day and then take six or more sessions daily to increase heart rate. :23:

Trying to Stay Out Of Trouble, But It Isn't Working

I am doing a month in Thailand so keeping my fitness routine up will be important.

You might want to rent a Condo with a good Gym.

Just sayin.

You might want to rent a Condo with a good Gym.

Just sayin.

Got a cheap rate on a guest house. :D

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

I am looking at joining Tony's since it will be close to where I am staying. I mainly do cardio by riding a bike. I used to do lifting but I didn't like the bulking effect. My clothes were getting tight on me because of muscle mass and that reminded me too much of being over weight again. I now just lift once a week and that's plenty, do a full body routine and then go back to the bike.

My main goal in Pattaya is to maintain to help reduce the effects of too much beer. Plus I don't want to come back and hit the gym and just about die. I am doing a month in Thailand so keeping my fitness routine up will be important.

Cardio work mostly... I want to have the stamina to keep going until the little guy goes down...

Mostly Elliptical and Bike machines due to knee surgeries when travelling.

Stretching and weights but weight work not for mass just to reduce injury and help the cardio work. Add in some Kegel exercises. Do throw in a stretch band just to do something once in a while.

Would like to get into Yoga and Pilates more but have not yet (not enough time in the day seems like).

At home I bike alot. When travelling (not in Asia) I try to do two sessions a day, one work out and then something else to keep the blood flowing later. Walking stairs in hotels instead of elevators for example just something on top of a work out.

When I'm in Pat's or Manila I try to get in a big work out once a day and then take six or more sessions daily to increase heart rate. :23:

I like to lift weights but it's hard for me to gain muscle size. I like the look of being 'buffed' if I could. Usually I end up getting more fat than muscular when I try to bulk up, so I'm probably not working out right.

I do tend to do a lot of cardio (running). It's something I actually enjoy doing. I think cardio is good overall, but sometimes I think I overdo it.

I believe excess cardio can diminish testosterone or something like that, compared to lifting weights which boosts it. So next time I go to Thailand I'll cut back on the excess cardio and do more weight training as the trip nears.

Kegel exercises are great too.

Official Pattaya Song

Not sure where to put this one, but what's your guys workout routine like at home and when you visit Pattaya/Thailand? I see a lot of gym threads so it's nice to see people interested in staying fit wherever they go.

Back home the majority of my workout consists of going outside and running. I've been sidelined the past month by gout (f**k that hurts like a mother), but hopefully will be able to get back soon. Most I ran is about 7 miles, but I average 4 times a week, anywhere from 4-6 miles at a time. I used to be a member of a gym but it was too much money so my company has a small gym I use. It has some free weights in it and some cardio machines.

I used to do a weightlifting routine like the bodybuilders did, split body parts where I do arms one day, chest next, etc. Recently I was doing a lot of crossfit type of stuff, but I might go back to the old bodybuilding routine.

Vacationing in Pattaya I have not used any of the big gyms like Tony's. Most of the hotels I had did not have any gyms in it, so most of my exercise consisted of running along the beach road and doing things like pushups and situps in my hotel room. Next time though I will think about hitting the gym for a few week membership.

Watch the working out and drinking as this brings on my gout no matter how much water i drink, my rule is now drink night before no gym.

That said i got a flare up few weeks first time in ages and im not drinking at the moment dr said can be from running too much!

• 2 weeks later...

simple, 1 hour weights followed by 30 mins steady cardio x3 a wk whilst on hols .thats plenty to keep you looking and feeling good, after all you are on holiday !

counting down the days !

Watch the working out and drinking as this brings on my gout no matter how much water i drink, my rule is now drink night before no gym.

That said i got a flare up few weeks first time in ages and im not drinking at the moment dr said can be from running too much!

Another big thing is dehydration and losing lots of weight, both very real in a hot place like Pattaya. Those two can cause a flare up of gout. Now I'm going to start regularly eating cherries as I heard that helps a lot.

simple, 1 hour weights followed by 30 mins steady cardio x3 a wk whilst on hols .thats plenty to keep you looking and feeling good, after all you are on holiday !

That's a good routine, once you are on holiday especially Patts, with all the other things you do like walking, etc., you don't need to work out as much.

Official Pattaya Song

That's a good routine, once you are on holiday especially Patts, with all the other things you do like walking, etc., you don't need to work out as much.

not to mention all the bangin im gonna be doing :P that should burn a few hundred cals.

Edited by bigdan

counting down the days !