IGNORED

Have you ever been suprised by BG honesty?

swagman

I've noticed that we Addicts dish out only what's pretty much true about BG's & the treatment of us falangs there in general, but has anyone ever been suprised by acts of honesty/help towards us? I'm hoping this'll make an interesting thread. So as usual with me I'll start it off with a time in soi 8 (is that all he bloody well knows?)

My mate got back to Patts for our second trip two days before me, exiting the BKK taxi mid aftenoon- he went straight into the bar we so loved first trip.(Paradise bar)

He woke up next lunch time in a hotel bed not knowing where he was..then panic! my Wallet! Money! Passport! T.C's etc. He runs down stairs & asks reception what they knew, they just shrugged!(my-lew-ka) So he ran to the only place he could remember-Paradise beer bar. The BG's were waiting for him- as it was they put him to bed when he started falling over, later the Mamasan arrived in a car with ALL his stuff & after checking..every single thing was untouched.(he still owed yesterdays beer bills)

He had in cash £1,000 & 1,000 D.M. + 1500 $ in TC's, nice camara, pricey watch, passport, licence etc.

The Mamasan told him she would never trust hotel staff with his things as they could steal everthing & blame the BG's.

I was pretty impressed as back in Blighty how many places would do that? That's just one reason I loved that soi so dammed much!

Nice to hear a good story.

Mine is I took my first batch of dirty laundry to a little hole in the wall place off Soi 8 also, after about a hour as I was getting ready to go party, looked every where no wallet. Only thing I could guess left it in pants that I took to laundry. Walked down there and as I walked in the lady looked up, she saw it was me, opened a desk and handed me my wallet. No cash was missing, and 2 CC that had a limit of $20K USD inside.

So yes there are good stories out there .......

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

WOW man what an awesome story.

I had a mate who took a FL back to his room in Phuket in July.

He did not realise until the morning that he left is safe WIDE open with all his cash (About $2000 Aust) and all other valuables in there.

The girl stayed overnight and did not touch it at all.

He was a very luck man.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I personally find Thai's pretty honest. Now mix in that we are talking about Pattaya and mongering... I still find that many girls I end up with are very good hearted. I've had ladies bar fine themselves and come over when I was sicker then a dog to take care of me only to end up getting sick themselves. I've had girls throw surprise parties for my B Day. I've had girls do the normal stuff, cook, clean, etc.. I had a few thousand USD left in a safe with passport and such and the hotel returned it all to me. I've given money to girls for reasons like funerals or whatever and I've been paid back etc...

If you repeat to the same places and they get to know you, and you treat them well, I think the majority of thai's are good natured folks. There is a few bars on Soi 6 that I can pretty much do whatever I want at.

But there is common sense involved... I still wouldn't trust them with the keys to my safe or turn my back on them for too long as it only takes that one bad apple to ruin the fun. But I think that for every place.

Trying to Stay Out Of Trouble, But It Isn't Working

Some nice stories here, I guess it comes do if the guy shows respect to the girl and is a regular then they will respond in kind.

Yep, about 2 years ago I took a FL right off Suk in BKK. Don't know why, we drank at a street stall for over an hour first. I was lit by the time we arrived at the hotel. Woke next day, she was gone, all my stuff there. I did not even open the safe to put in my wallet, watch, etc, cuz I was so ripped.

I cannot even remember if I payed here, hope she payed herself from my wallet but there was still plenty there.

Sunseek01

I personally find Thai's pretty honest. Now mix in that we are talking about Pattaya and mongering... I still find that many girls I end up with are very good hearted. I've had ladies bar fine themselves and come over when I was sicker then a dog to take care of me only to end up getting sick themselves. I've had girls throw surprise parties for my B Day. I've had girls do the normal stuff, cook, clean, etc.. I had a few thousand USD left in a safe with passport and such and the hotel returned it all to me. I've given money to girls for reasons like funerals or whatever and I've been paid back etc...

If you repeat to the same places and they get to know you, and you treat them well, I think the majority of thai's are good natured folks. There is a few bars on soi 6 that I can pretty much do whatever I want at.

But there is common sense involved... I still wouldn't trust them with the keys to my safe or turn my back on them for too long as it only takes that one bad apple to ruin the fun. But I think that for every place.

For every good story there are also very bad ones. Sadly sometimes people all get tarred with the same brush. (Thought of as the same.)

However you only need ONE bad experience to really make a mess of things for you. I've been with many Free Lancers off the streets in BKK and Patts and had some of the best experiences ever in Thailand. I was also robbed shit-less by one of Nana Car Park one night. Wallet telephone etc. Yes - I was pissed. Didn't use the safe. Had too much cash in wallet. BUT familiarity breeds contempt. I hope I know better now.

Many guys won't use Freelancers because they worry about these things.

The BEST experiences I have ever had in Thailand in 10 years have been with freelancers.

The worst experiences I have ever had in Thailand have been with Freelancers.

The bottom line is that it's down to you not to let it happen. I hope I am listening to myself here.

Beware!

Yep, about 2 years ago I took a FL right off Suk in BKK. Don't know why, we drank at a street stall for over an hour first. I was lit by the time we arrived at the hotel. Woke next day, she was gone, all my stuff there. I did not even open the safe to put in my wallet, watch, etc, cuz I was so ripped.

I cannot even remember if I payed here, hope she payed herself from my wallet but there was still plenty there.

You were luck. My experience was the opposite.

• 2 weeks later...

Last trip into Pattaya...the dude I was with and I were drunk as heck...he lost his ATM Card. We freaked out and told the ladies at the bar what had happened and we left. Like 0800 Mamasan calls us and tells us she was at the bank that ran the ATM machine first thing that morning and identified the card that had been left in the machine as one of her customers card. They allowed him to retieve his ATM Card with proper photo ID and the help of the wonderful staff of the Frog Bar!!!!!!

Ginger

I've met some fantastic Thai BG's who break all of the negative stereo-types. One girl in 1989 lent me her life savings £300, a fortune to a young TG back then. She had known me for one week when I ran out of cash. I paid it back to her as soon as I got back to the UK.

I've met BG's who wanted to talk with me in Thai about the 'Big bang theory' (I know what you're thinking :P ) and evolution. I've had TG's nurse me all night and refuse to accept any money for their time.

I've met some bad ones but overall I can't believe how negative some people get towards them.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

like dr winston i have met far more good hearted tg than bad ones.Had them look after me when sick ,one tg went in to my wallet while i was trying to die went down to the pharmacy got some stuff to fix me up and got me some other stuff i think it was vitamins (her english wasnt good )and a pile if fresh fruit ,Refused any money eventually accepted i paid her bar fine for the several days she had stayed with me

All ways looked for her again but never seen her ,not even sure i knew where her bar was because i leaning up against a lamp post that kept moving and she offered to help me go to hotel

I also met some dead honest and sometimes a bit naïve BG’s. That’s one of the reasons why they stilI get my credit unless they prove otherwise.

Just a few weeks ago, I booked a beauty from a gogo. The next morning I was in a bit of a hurry, but wanted to drop her at her room before I was going to work.

On the way to her room, I stopped at an ATM to withdraw some money for her.

As always when I’m in a hurry, the ATM did not work. Back in the car, I told her that we have to drive to another ATM to get some money.

Noticing my hurry, she said ”never mind, you can give me some money next time”, which I did a week later.

I doubt that you would get that treatment in many other places than LOS.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

I also met some dead honest and sometimes a bit naïve BG’s. That’s one of the reasons why they stilI get my credit unless they prove otherwise.

Just a few weeks ago, I booked a beauty from a gogo. The next morning I was in a bit of a hurry, but wanted to drop her at her room before I was going to work.

On the way to her room, I stopped at an ATM to withdraw some money for her.

As always when I’m in a hurry, the ATM did not work. Back in the car, I told her that we have to drive to another ATM to get some money.

Noticing my hurry, she said ”never mind, you can give me some money next time”, which I did a week later.

I doubt that you would get that treatment in many other places than LOS.

I guess that they need the chance to show that side of them. These days many people are so streetwise and untrusting, which I admit is better than being naive that they never get the chance to show how honest they might be.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel