IGNORED

Golf anyone?

farcanal

Having been an avid fan of the nocturnal swinging of clubs and hitting of balls, I am keen to actually broaden my pattaya experience with some real golf. However, not being a very good golfer and not keen on walking, is there a course or two that fellow members might recommend to try first.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• farcanal

• Capeyork

• maxtroy

• 22palms

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having been an avid fan of the nocturnal swinging of clubs and hitting of balls, I am keen to actually broaden my pattaya experience with some real golf. However, not being a very good golfer and not keen on walking, is there a course or two that fellow members might recommend to try first.

That is a good question...I found the courses I played at to be very challenging and had enough danger such as lots of water, red ants...don't piss them off, deep bunkers, and houses that line the course...The Siam Planatation course was hard enough with the glass like greens...St Andrews wasn't overly hard, but there are enough danger zones to make me cringe...I thought Khao Kheow, Burapha, and Pheonix (except on a few holes) were good for people who are still figuring the game out...some of the holes were wide enough that if you sliced hard, your next shot is still decent. My advice is...bring A LOT of balls...I sent a good number of balls to Shrek's house, into the drink, and a few went into the Bermuda Triangle only to be lost forever. For the balls that did not go into the water, the caddies did their best to look for my ball...but in the end I just tell that that it is ok and move on...another thing about the caddies is if they do play golf, they may throw in a tip or two to try and fix your faults...If you know what your tendancies are...then play to them...I had one tip backfire on a caddie...all courses have carts too...so you don't have to worry about walking...I am not one for walking either...best of luck to you with your game....

Golf in pattaya is great, and there are lots of societies that play competition golf just about everyday.

Its a good idea to join pattaya sports club as on certain days there will be green fee discounts for members

and you make quite a saving if your playing a few times a week.

Playing golf in patts also helps you meet new friends (mongers) and most of the little caddies like having a

good laugh,and the number of world class courses within 40 mins of patts will match anywhere in the world.

Can't wait until feb this will be my 10th visit happy days.

That is a good question...I found the courses I played at to be very challenging and had enough danger such as lots of water, red ants...don't piss them off, deep bunkers, and houses that line the course...The Siam Planatation course was hard enough with the glass like greens...St Andrews wasn't overly hard, but there are enough danger zones to make me cringe...I thought Khao Kheow, Burapha, and Pheonix (except on a few holes) were good for people who are still figuring the game out...some of the holes were wide enough that if you sliced hard, your next shot is still decent. My advice is...bring A LOT of balls...I sent a good number of balls to Shrek's house, into the drink, and a few went into the Bermuda Triangle only to be lost forever. For the balls that did not go into the water, the caddies did their best to look for my ball...but in the end I just tell that that it is ok and move on...another thing about the caddies is if they do play golf, they may throw in a tip or two to try and fix your faults...If you know what your tendancies are...then play to them...I had one tip backfire on a caddie...all courses have carts too...so you don't have to worry about walking...I am not one for walking either...best of luck to you with your game....

The courses mentioned here are amongst the most expensive in the area. If you are not a decent golfer, there is no point in playing the supposedly top ranked courses. There are plenty of relatively cheap ones which are also superb. Amongst the easier (and rfelatively cheap) courses are Crystal Bay, Pleasant Valley, Greenwood and Eastern Star. I would try these out before splurging big money. All the courses I have mentioned are played regularly by the golf societies in Pattaya.

A friend of mine picked the courses to play and it came as a package deal...Hmm, I may have to check out the courses you mentioned the next time I go over there...

• 2 months later...

Gidday golf enthusiasts, heading off for my yearly

golf tournament for 2012 in June. Playing 6 great

courses in 6 days Siam Plantation etc etc.

Goin for a month this time as I,m headin off to

Phuket for a week to meet my kids who are

there for a wedding. Also decided that 2 weeks just

aint enough for me.

3 nites in Bangkok with some crazy poms

then 7 nites at Sabai Empress on Soi 2

After the tournament I will head off to

The Haven on Soi 13 where I will stay

a week playing Golf with the guys there,

then head off to Patong Beach for a week.

Wont take my clubs Phuket too expensive

and I dont like playin golf on my own.

Then back to Patts for a few days