Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Golf anyone?

farcanal

Got a few more and then I'm away for a month (sadly not LOS) so hopefully I can find this thread when I return.....

Love these par 3'saa.jpg

1st hole, St Andrews 2000bb.jpg

Siam CC starters hut, seat carved from single tree rootcc.jpg

seriously...no idea where this isdd.jpg

Bridge over the River Kwai?ee.jpg

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• farcanal

• Capeyork

• maxtroy

• Briankaplan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Golf, it's the reason I first came here, paid an enormous amount of extra baggage for the clubs when I moved over here to live and I've hardly used them since.

Beautiful courses here and I've played at most of them, we were jokingly refering to the caddies as Ewoks when we first saw them, but they are great fun and great value, they possess an amazing amount of knowledge about the courses they work on.

I haven't read all of the posts, but the Outback Bar on Siam Country Club Rd out on the darkside do golfing tours pretty much everyday I believe, could be wrong though.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Golf, it's the reason I first came here, paid an enormous amount of extra baggage for the clubs when I moved over here to live and I've hardly used them since.

Beautiful courses here and I've played at most of them, we were jokingly refering to the caddies as Ewoks when we first saw them, but they are great fun and great value, they possess an amazing amount of knowledge about the courses they work on.

I haven't read all of the posts, but the Outback Bar on Siam Country Club Rd out on the darkside do golfing tours pretty much everyday I believe, could be wrong though.

Bam Bam

cheers bam bam, one more place for me to go check out alternative golf packages. Yep, me too, 1st trip was a golf trip (and 2nd and 3rd) only discovered LOS once we were there.....now it's golf, lunch, 2 hour massage then some bar crawling...doesn't get any better than that.

More pics

That bridge again...this is Buraphaaa.jpg

Just a nice shotbb.jpg

A challenging par 5, green tucked over to the left past the watercc.jpg

food & drink every 4 or 5 holesdd.jpg

Heading upstairs to lunch, Pattana clubhouseee.jpg

continueing...

The entry gate to Pattana Golf Club, impressiveaa.jpg

Greenkeepers...got way too much time on their handsbb.jpg

After a hard day at the links...cc.jpg

This is a par 6 at St Andrews 2000dd.jpg

Shootin' gallery, Khao Kheowee.jpg

Hope this isn't too boring...

Off into the Jungle...Khao Kheowaa.jpg

Nup, last pic is Laem Chabang, same as this onebb.jpg

Hmmmm...was that a splash?cc.jpg[

Plenty of room for error heredd.jpg

C'mon guys...who's goin' firstee.jpg

ditto...

get in the HOLE!!!!aa.jpg

Another great par 3, Khao kheow, taken from the refreshment hut.bb.jpg

Cute...wicked wicked sense of humourcc.jpg

Hmmmm...wonder how much my tip will be...dd.jpg

OK guys, getcha money outee.jpg

last page....

Pattana CCaa.jpg

Splash...drop...hit anotherbb.jpg

Par 3, Pattana, my mate played the hole out and then proceeded to lose his ball into the water thru' the boards on the bridgecc.jpg

How the caddies ride at Rayong, not goin' back theredd.jpg

same same at Phoenix, but a MUCH better courseee.jpg

Can u believe she actually got the ball over the waterff.jpg

Tidy young caddie, Buraphagg.jpg

Even the carts are flash at Pattanahh.jpg

Caddie at Phoenix...bewdiful!!!ii.jpg

• 3 months later...

Great shots mate, makes me want to break the clubs out and play a round right now lol.

Can't wait to give the courses a try

• 5 months later...

This was a nice course, we had a dog follow us all the way around the course, till we got to the 12th. Then he(the dog) hooked up with some japanese players who had better "scraps" than we did. Here, he's resting in the bunker while my partner is chipping on the green. Funny as FUCK ! ha! ha! ha!

post-39847-0-98471600-1308403717.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

What would be easy course for beginner? It is been almost five year since I played last time so need some training. Is there practice range in every course for training?

Golf could be great way spent some time and get some exercise, instead of hanging in a bar all the time.

This was a nice course, we had a dog follow us all the way around the course, till we got to the 12th. Then he(the dog) hooked up with some japanese players who had better "scraps" than we did. Here, he's resting in the bunker while my partner is chipping on the green. Funny as FUCK ! ha! ha! ha!

DOG IN THE BUNKER.JPG

i was playing burapha and my golf partner hit a great 5 wood into this 480 par, when a dog went onto the green grabbed the ball and never came back with it.

That is the toughest pin placement on #18 at Siam. All those courses are great, cant wait to play st andrews.

• 2 months later...

i am in pattaya 8th till 18th december if anybody fancies a game or 2.

thanks 22palms....we take our own clubs but I believe you can hire them up there. I use a lighter bag than normal and obviously leave home a lot of stuff that you don't need like wet weather gear, towel (the caddies wipe your balls and clubs for you) even leave shoes at home....I play in a good pair of runners. We have a 20kg limit on the plane and my set (graphite shafts) with clubs and a few balls weighs about 10kgs. We buy our balls from the roadside sellers (have posted a pic of one of them) , the caddies do all the pitch mark repairs and ball marking on the green for you as well. Pretty important that you get your golf bag "plastic wrapped" at the airport to prevent any breakages.....when that's done you'd be surprised how solid the bag feels.

That's what we've come to expect in Pattaya :)

Can you ask the caddies whether any are available for a party back at Haven or wherever, or is this just not on and they wouldbe offended?

Another couple of questions for you:

What is the par 6's like on St. Andrews - they look bloody long

And do you need a handicap certificate before making it out there?

Many thanks

That's what we've come to expect in Pattaya :)

Can you ask the caddies whether any are available for a party back at Haven or wherever, or is this just not on and they wouldbe offended?

Sadly most of the caddies are NOT like the bar girls, but you will find one occasionally who is willing to come back to your hotel for the night (I have shagged a little cutie from Khao Kheow but she is no longer working as a caddie, wish I had her number) . It's really just a matter of putting the question to any caddie that takes your fancy until eventually you'll find one who will be willing...it does happen. After all is said and done, they love the baht and the chance of 1000 or 1500 on top of what they earn as a caddie is very tempting. You will have to pay any cab fare as well to get them into Patts but believe me it's worth it if for no other reason that you will be the 1st bloke in there that night.

Many thanks

Yeah, great course St Andrews......we generally play the par 6's off the whites, which makes one about 630 metres and the other one (no 13) about 680 metres. Awesome golf holes, with plenty of water. I think from memory the 13th from the back tee is 910 yards which equates to about 830 metres. I highly recommend this track.

Many thanks

oops...missed the handicap question.......not really necessary to have an official handicap unless you're playing in an official competition. When we (my 3 mates and myself) play, we just play our own little comp for a few baht. Never been asked for a handicap card.

• 1 month later...

going next year to bkk, chiang mai and pattaya for a month, looking to get a game in at all of them so this is very helpful information for me. Thanks for sharing all the info guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember that hole from the first picture (St. Andrews 2000)...I remember thinking that the fairway looked so small from the tee box...I had a decent drive that landed in the middle of the fairway...only to discover the fairway was huge...unfortunately I duffed the second shot that wandered into the Bermuda Triangle (bad slice)...needless to say, I did not have a great game that day...I was playing hung over, and physically drained from the previous night's activities... :GoldenSmile1:

The par 3 picture of Khao Kheow was another hole that I remembered...I was mesmerized by the view...I remember that the distance to the flag signs on the tee box were spot on (I had my range finder)...I screwed this hole up too as my ball went into the drink past the path to the green...

Looking at your pics brought back some pretty good memories...even though I played like HOT garbage for all 6 rounds...there were some shots I had that made me feel like a hero...The plantation course really got to me since the greens were really fast for me and my time at the range prior to tee off pretty much told me that I was not going to play well...but that is one course that I would like to challenge again. Laem Chabang was my favorite course out of the 6 courses I played at. The green speeds I was used to, I was hitting the ball better (I still had some horrible shots) and the course looked great...

At all 6 courses, it got to a point where my friend and I got our caddies to talk smack whether it be to laugh when one of hit a horrible shot into the drink or to Shrek's house to three putting...that made our garbage games so much more enjoyable since we all had some great laughs...next to playing very nice courses, I guess I miss the caddies the most...they made my game so much fun...