Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Golf anyone?

farcanal

Thx for the info Maxx . I think I will put the Haven at the top of my possible places to stay .

Can defo recommend the Haven. The pool never closes and I had many moonlight dips with my LT (quite romantic in a 'Thai' way). Good plus is that you're right next to the Sportsman Pub; great food and they also arrange golf days.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• farcanal

• Capeyork

• maxtroy

• Briankaplan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can defo recommend the Haven. The pool never closes and I had many moonlight dips with my LT (quite romantic in a 'Thai' way). Good plus is that you're right next to the Sportsman Pub; great food and they also arrange golf days.

http://www.sportsmanpub.com/gallery.html#g_10_0

Nice. Just checked out Sportsman pub and saw a round of golf quoted at 1300 baht with barbeque . Thx .

Some cute girls working in that bar as well .

Edited by maxtroy

Thanks mate, just wanted to clear that up....will be checking out Century next trip...that's seriously cheap golf.

Gidday farcanal I would really like to know what camera you have, those shots are shit hot?

Gidday farcanal I would really like to know what camera you have, those shots are shit hot?

Thanks capeyork....nothin' flash Canon Powershot A580...think from memory it was under $200 from Harvey Norman. One of the many things I enjoy about the golf in Pattaya is that the caddies are only too happy to take over the camera and take shots for you. They don't mind taking them when ya not ready.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

Sorry guys, been away for the weekend...here's a few more

tough little par 3 at Laem Chabang1a.jpg

bunkers at Plantation Siam, lots of bunker practice here2a.jpg

Bit of water to carry here3a.jpg

No prizes for guessing where this is headed4a.jpg

Love these caddies5a.jpg

ahhh, cold drink for a tired golfer6a.jpg

cheap balls7a.jpg

Gotta love them caddies! Unfortunately when I wake up, it's too dark to play golf!

Guys

Can anyone advise how those discount cards work. Me and my mates will be there in November. Can you get a discount card and organise your own tee times or do you need to book thru the golf society to get the discounted rate.

Nice photos. I remember Laem Chabang from last February. Lovely course. We also liked Buraphra a lot.

Gotta love them caddies! Unfortunately when I wake up, it's too dark to play golf!

Guess what eanto......they're awake up to you.....starting to erect floodlights for night golf...you could have a quick 9 holes before taking a 3-holer in Soi 6

5555555.......l managed to drag myself out of bed at 11.30am to play at plantation in June.

Edited by Mav

I come to Thailand for the beaches.....How about you ???

5555555.......l managed to drag myself out of bed at 11.30am to play at plantation in June.

That's the problem I find. I love my golf but after a night/morning partying it's too much of an effort to get up and get organised before it goes dark.

Well done Mav, now I'm envious....only played Plantation once...was it just me or are their greens seriously sloped?

That's the problem I find. I love my golf but after a night/morning partying it's too much of an effort to get up and get organised before it goes dark.

Totally agree with ya there.

I head back in 9 weeks and the clubs are staying at home this time..........i love my golf but when it comes to deciding between golf and partying and pussy, the golf will lose out everytime. :GrinNod1:

A few more pics, I'll try and do a few more after the weekend

Even the caddies have a goa1.jpg

How dumb was this?...wore these shirts last Mayb1.jpg

Only about 160m to carry the waterc1.jpg

Guys

Can anyone advise how those discount cards work. Me and my mates will be there in November. Can you get a discount card and organise your own tee times or do you need to book thru the golf society to get the discounted rate.

Nice photos. I remember Laem Chabang from last February. Lovely course. We also liked Buraphra a lot.

You just gotta go to a golfing bar The Haven, Elephant bar etc and join the International Pattaya Golf club 500bht for 2 years then show your card when ya book the bars will organise golf for you if ya want

Be there in November meself plan to play 7 games in 3 weeks will be interesting to see the weather as i have only been there in june

...a few more....got plenty, but many of caddies which I'm reluctant to post.

Siam, Plantation Course1a.jpg

My all time favourite par 3, Laem Chabang2a.jpg

Can't remember3a.jpg

Siam, Plantation Course4a.jpg

Starters hut, Siam CC6a.jpg

Soooo many bunkers7a.jpg

How do you tolerate the heat and humidity....?

Are you still able to hold on to the club?

Zip

Good question zip, I never wear a glove back home but found it necessary in Patts, generally have 2 "on the go" ....hang one up in the cart to dry out a bit and always remove them between shots. Found the weather and humidity much more pleasant in November than in May, so most trips now will be in Nov. btw, one of my golfing mates never wears a glove and continually pisses the reat of us off by smacking every drive down the guts.....damn shame he can't putt.

More great pictures, Farcanal. Much appreciated!

:001_Thank_You5:

Do you guys travel with your golf clubs, or rent in LOS?

Thanks for the reply,

Palms

More great pictures, Farcanal. Much appreciated!

Do you guys travel with your golf clubs, or rent in LOS?

Thanks for the reply,

Palms

thanks 22palms....we take our own clubs but I believe you can hire them up there. I use a lighter bag than normal and obviously leave home a lot of stuff that you don't need like wet weather gear, towel (the caddies wipe your balls and clubs for you) even leave shoes at home....I play in a good pair of runners. We have a 20kg limit on the plane and my set (graphite shafts) with clubs and a few balls weighs about 10kgs. We buy our balls from the roadside sellers (have posted a pic of one of them) , the caddies do all the pitch mark repairs and ball marking on the green for you as well. Pretty important that you get your golf bag "plastic wrapped" at the airport to prevent any breakages.....when that's done you'd be surprised how solid the bag feels.

oops, one pic in previous post says it's my favourite par 3 at Laem Chabang...actually Khao kheow. Some more now....

1st Siam Plantation, "friendly" LH dogleg1a.jpg

Could be Laem Chabang2a.jpg

Par 3 at Siam CC3a.jpg

Par 4 at Khao Kheow, best not to slice your tee shot here4a.jpg

hmmm, wonder how much a re-shaft will cost5a.jpg

....and more

...anyone got a shovel?6a.jpg

I think I'll declare it lost7a.jpg

1st at Laem Chabang, I put 2 into the condos on the right8a.jpg

yeah, mate, that's YOUR ball9a.jpg

possibly the last at Siam CC10a.jpg

I really appreciate your reply, and even more great pics!

I get a good laugh from seeing the photos of what must be the most heavily clothed women on P-A!

Great shot of the par 3 at Siam CC, you can actually see the ball on its way.

And the first at Siam Plantation, wow! If I wanted that much sand I'd stay at the beach!!

Cheers and thanks again,

Palms

I really appreciate your reply, and even more great pics!

I get a good laugh from seeing the photos of what must be the most heavily clothed women on P-A!

Great shot of the par 3 at Siam CC, you can actually see the ball on its way.

And the first at Siam Plantation, wow! If I wanted that much sand I'd stay at the beach!!

Cheers and thanks again,

Palms

yeah mate, Soi 6 is all flesh but when you get to golf the caddies are really layered up. Seems they're petrified of the sun, they don't want a sun tan. Weird, we love the little dusky skinned maidens and they all want to whiter than white.

A dusky maiden for yaaa.jpg

1st at Laem Chabang from clubhousebb.jpg

another shy onecc.jpg

Pattana CC, I'm told the clubhouse is 9000 sq metresdd.jpg

Decisions, decisionsee.jpg