Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Golf anyone?

farcanal

I've only been a member for a few weeks, thoroughly enjoying reading as much as I can, and wondering how I can contribute something of value. I must admit my 1st trip to Patts was not for the mongering (believe that if you will) but for a week of golf. Only after I arrived with 3 mates that we discovered the real Pattaya. As I don't have any pics of smiling Thai BG's or anything like what's in Alleycats thread I thought maybe there's a few people out there that might be interested in some of the pics we took while golfing. I'm not absolutely sure which part of the forum to start this, it's not really a trip report as such so this will do until I'm told to move it eleswhere. I'll start with 3 or 4 just in case I just get shot down in flames.

St Andrews 2000A.jpg

Laem ChabangB.jpg

Khao KhaowC.jpg

Siam CCD.jpg

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• farcanal

• Capeyork

• maxtroy

• Briankaplan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

played all these courses,golf in pattaya is superb.

I'd heard there were some good courses but these look superb. Thanks for sharing.

Gidday Farcanal, I'm a golf nut + mongerer and combine both. Have played most of the courses in Pattaya and at good prices by joining the Pattaya International Golf Club IPGC. Was over in June this year heading over in November again for another few rounds and then back over for a big comp in June next year.

this place is Nirvana for people who like golf and mongering. There is nothing better than playing 18 holes during the day and then playing the 19th hole at night and the 2oth or 21st whatever. You may even get a caddies phone number for something different.

You meet some great people playing golf, Yanks, Poms, ozzies , Kiwis, Scots Irish etc etc. I love the commraderie. I stay at a golf hotel that organises golf every 2nd day fantastic.

Can anyone tell me what the prices are for a GOOD course? I plan to play at least 5-6 times while there.

Thanks,

Bob

Gidday Farcanal, I'm a golf nut + mongerer and combine both. Have played most of the courses in Pattaya and at good prices by joining the Pattaya International Golf Club IPGC. Was over in June this year heading over in November again for another few rounds and then back over for a big comp in June next year.

this place is Nirvana for people who like golf and mongering. There is nothing better than playing 18 holes during the day and then playing the 19th hole at night and the 2oth or 21st whatever. You may even get a caddies phone number for something different.

You meet some great people playing golf, Yanks, Poms, ozzies , Kiwis, Scots Irish etc etc. I love the commraderie. I stay at a golf hotel that organises golf every 2nd day fantastic.

Hey capeyork, couldn't agree more.....'tis the holy grail of golf and ....other stuff. I'm interested in how you do your golf, we always pre-book our golf so when we get to Patts there's no more organising to do, just get picked up every morning from the hotel. We use a company called Eastern Golf Tours (I think) and I'm sure we're paying a premium for their hospitality. I've actually got a card in front of me with IPGC Pattaya Golf Society on it which we got from Rabbi's Elephant Bar in Soi Buakhao and they look like they only play 3 days a week. Where do you find a "golf hotel?" We're also heading up in Nov for 2 weeks, 8 games and we'll definitely be looking for alternatives. Really be good to do it twice a year.

Can anyone tell me what the prices are for a GOOD course? I plan to play at least 5-6 times while there.

Thanks,

Bob

Hey Bob, golf prices really depend on the time of the year, I've played at Khao Kheow in May for 2400 baht, with cart AND caddy including pick up and drop off at our hotel. Same course in November is 3600 baht. This is not a good course, it's an AWESOME course. There are some bars in Patts that organise golf at cheaper prices (I'm told) so probably worth your time to investigate. Here are 7 sensational golf courses.....Khao Kheow, Burapha, Pattana, Siam CC, Siam Plantation, Laem Chabang and St Andrews 2000. I'm sure other forum members can add to that list. oops, forgot Phoenix....makes 8.

A couple more

Siam CC1.jpg

Khao Kheow par 32.jpg

our "fleet", siamCC3.jpg

Hey capeyork, couldn't agree more.....'tis the holy grail of golf and ....other stuff. I'm interested in how you do your golf, we always pre-book our golf so when we get to Patts there's no more organising to do, just get picked up every morning from the hotel. We use a company called Eastern Golf Tours (I think) and I'm sure we're paying a premium for their hospitality. I've actually got a card in front of me with IPGC Pattaya Golf Society on it which we got from Rabbi's Elephant Bar in Soi Buakhao and they look like they only play 3 days a week. Where do you find a "golf hotel?" We're also heading up in Nov for 2 weeks, 8 games and we'll definitely be looking for alternatives. Really be good to do it twice a year.

Gidday mate, I have only been to Patts twice 1st time with a group of mates, I just organised courses that had sports days (a lot cheaper)and our transport. Stayed at Sabai Lodge, costs were about $60aud for golf caddy cart and transport. Then guys got married and shit like that so no one wanted to go so I got onto to this guy Magnus from TEEoffservice who had a big event in June this year, so payed me money and had an absolute ball, 22 guys from oz NZ poms yanks fcku we had fun. and great courses Siam Plantation St andrews etcetc.

After the tournamant I still had a week so did me homework and booked into The Haven on Soi 13 who organise golf every 2nd day. They organised golf transport and had presentations. Will be there early November for 2 weeks

Thanks for the report and snaps. I love playing but always get so distracted I never make it out to the courses. I am definitely playing 2 rounds this trip if it kills me. Any recommendations on your top 2 courses.

Edited by wetwillie

Khao Kheow, Phoenix, Emerald, Laem Chabang Are all top of the line courses..Good value for your money...There All Good in my opinion...For real budget players hard to beat Century where green fees are 100 baht..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Khao Kheow, Phoenix, Emerald, Laem Chabang Are all top of the line courses..Good value for your money...There All Good in my opinion...For real budget players hard to beat Century where green fees are 100 baht..

100 baht?....that's like, 3 Aussie dollars....are you sure you haven't left a zero off?

Gidday mate, I have only been to Patts twice 1st time with a group of mates, I just organised courses that had sports days (a lot cheaper)and our transport. Stayed at Sabai Lodge, costs were about $60aud for golf caddy cart and transport. Then guys got married and shit like that so no one wanted to go so I got onto to this guy Magnus from TEEoffservice who had a big event in June this year, so payed me money and had an absolute ball, 22 guys from oz NZ poms yanks fcku we had fun. and great courses Siam Plantation St andrews etcetc.

After the tournamant I still had a week so did me homework and booked into The Haven on Soi 13 who organise golf every 2nd day. They organised golf transport and had presentations. Will be there early November for 2 weeks

Thanks capeyork...looks like we got some legwork to do when we're up there next. AUD$60 is about 1/2 what we pay atm. I guess if you combine the Haven, every 2nd day with IPGC (3 days a week) and they don't coincide you may have all the golf you want. I remember being in the Roo Bar on WS and seeing a notice on their board about golf, so there's plenty doing it.

Difficult to understand why your mates would not want to go back after experiencing LOS. My 1st trip was in 2008 and we were planning the next one as we walked off the last green.

Yes the Golf here is great and an average game will cost about 1000 including cart green fee and caddy, some of the above are more than double that which is fine for holiday makers but we play on rotation about 10 courses all a similar price, then there is the expected tip for the caddie of 200 baht.

Most courses the facilities are excellent club house, lockers, showers etc, I have quite a few guys stay here and play about every other day and have some fun in the evenings.

Nice photos by the way.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Pattana, last hole1a.jpg

Siam CC1b.jpg

Siam CC1c.jpg

Not sure, could be Laem Chabang1d.jpg

Par 3 Pattana

1e.jpg

Thanks for pointing out The Haven . Golf is a must for me and it's always more fun playing with guys you've gotten to know over a beer . Just wondering if The Haven is girl friendly and if the fridge is big enough to stock your own supply of refreshments ?

The pool is also a big plus for me .

Great pictures farcanal . :001_Thank_You5:

I usualy only make it to 3 holes thats always enough for me :)

100 baht?....that's like, 3 Aussie dollars....are you sure you haven't left a zero off?

I did not leave a zero off..It is 100 Baht for a full 18 holes..If you add a caddy and cart it will be more of course around 500 baht..Best value of all the courses...About 1 hour away from Pattaya..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Thanks for pointing out The Haven . Golf is a must for me and it's always more fun playing with guys you've gotten to know over a beer . Just wondering if The Haven is girl friendly and if the fridge is big enough to stock your own supply of refreshments ?

Yes the haven is girl friendly. It's more of a boutique hotel i.e. only 16 to 18 rooms in total, but also has a great restaurant. First time I went to Patts I went with a buddy, and he didn't want to join the IPGC so we ended up paying double for golf and transportation at tourist rates. I went last time alone and paid a lot less for golf and transportation back and forth to the courses, made lots of new friends and had a great time. After the first couple of times out with the Haven group, also started going out with the group from Rabbi's bar, so going almost every day ... made a darkside romp on the way back from golf one time and also ended up doing a few Go Go crawls with all the new golfing buddies. If your an avid golfer its a great vacation, especially if your travelling alone.

<p>

As Maxx said The Haven is girl friendly but has small fridges. Has a pool although small. Free WIFI if your into that, you can sit in your room or at the bar and get good coverage. Farcanal mentioned the ROO bar whcih I frequented often when I was there but didn't do their golf tours

the haven 002.JPG

I did not leave a zero off..It is 100 Baht for a full 18 holes..If you add a caddy and cart it will be more of course around 500 baht..Best value of all the courses...About 1 hour away from Pattaya..

Thanks mate, just wanted to clear that up....will be checking out Century next trip...that's seriously cheap golf.

Yes the haven is girl friendly. It's more of a boutique hotel i.e. only 16 to 18 rooms in total, but also has a great restaurant. First time I went to Patts I went with a buddy, and he didn't want to join the IPGC so we ended up paying double for golf and transportation at tourist rates. I went last time alone and paid a lot less for golf and transportation back and forth to the courses, made lots of new friends and had a great time. After the first couple of times out with the Haven group, also started going out with the group from Rabbi's bar, so going almost every day ... made a darkside romp on the way back from golf one time and also ended up doing a few Go Go crawls with all the new golfing buddies. If your an avid golfer its a great vacation, especially if your travelling alone.

Thx for the info Maxx . I think I will put the Haven at the top of my possible places to stay .

As Maxx said The Haven is girl friendly but has small fridges. Has a pool although small. Free WIFI if your into that, you can sit in your room or at the bar and get good coverage. Farcanal mentioned the ROO bar whcih I frequented often when I was there but didn't do their golf tours

Thx Capeyork for the picture of the pool . Looks big enough for an old dog paddler like me :) .

Great info - great pix! Thank you!

Can't wait to hit it....on the golf course as well!

Palms

Brilliant pictures. Thanks for sharing. Played St Andrews 2000 and Laem Chabang and was absolutely blown away by their beauty. Wish I had a swing to match.