Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Rin's Bar

james 71

this was my favourite bar in the soi where did it go wrong as bar was packed every night ,just like a local pub back home

It did seem strange and very sudden.

One story I heard was that he put the prices up twice in a very short time. It was when the tax was increased but other bars in New Plaza more or less absorbed it. It is very price sensitive/conscious in there and people are still drinking at 35-50 baht.

It was very much an Aussie bar, so I don't know if they're even more price conscious than Brits.

Nevertheless, I wonder if there were other reasons. The bar was quickly put up for sale and then closed.

Can't picture it at the minute.

I like the bars at the end in the middle corridoor of NP. Lots of people from Whales and England.

Whales? where is this??????????????????? :Circle_Sharks:

Whales? where is this??????????????????? :Circle_Sharks:

In this town they,ve gotta be sperm whales...

• 2 weeks later...

I think it boarders ingland. :Laugh1:

Unfortunately it's never been a secure border in terms of return traffic.

I meant to look properly last night. I think it's still shuttered up, but Lek, who had Lek's Bar on the other side, has a bar there somewhere. She split with Al, who was a real nice American guy and then returned and set up opposite, which made Al give up and sell Lek's Bar to a Thai who has re-modelled it,

New Plaza looked pretty busy last night, but there were a few miserable looking Aston Villa fans. :GoldenSmile1:

• 4 weeks later...

I meant to look properly last night. I think it's still shuttered up, but Lek, who had Lek's Bar on the other side, has a bar there somewhere. She split with Al, who was a real nice American guy and then returned and set up opposite, which made Al give up and sell Lek's Bar to a Thai who has re-modelled it,

Sounds like an episode of coronation street :D

Sounds like an episode of coronation street :D

New Plaza is a generally busy place, but at quiet times it does seem to be the bars up the sides which suffer,

Rin's seemed to do well, but the gossip is that, as usual, it wasn't really Rin's Bar but it was in his wife/GF's name. She allegedly got into serious debt gambling and the house of cards came tumbling down.

New Plaza is a generally busy place, but at quiet times it does seem to be the bars up the sides which suffer,

Rin's seemed to do well, but the gossip is that, as usual, it wasn't really Rin's Bar but it was in his wife/GF's name. She allegedly got into serious debt gambling and the house of cards came tumbling down.

Gambling debts for a thai lady = well that's a new one! :Dunno:

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Any mint sauce jokes about my homeland and im calling the rozzers...

Baaaa Baaaa-black sheep-or does colour not matter? :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1:

Rin is / was Peter's wife's name, usual deal, he pays the bills, bar goes in her name.

I heard the same rumours, I used to drink there once a week a year or 2 back on Wednesday afternoon for the Pub Quiz.

Most of the guys who used to drink there and attend the Quiz are now hanging around a new Aussie owned bar in Soi Chaiyapoom, Barking Swan or something along those lines, close to the 3rd Rd end.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Rin is / was Peter's wife's name, usual deal, he pays the bills, bar goes in her name.

I heard the same rumours, I used to drink there once a week a year or 2 back on Wednesday afternoon for the Pub Quiz.

Most of the guys who used to drink there and attend the Quiz are now hanging around a new Aussie owned bar in Soi Chaiyapoom, Barking Swan or something along those lines, close to the 3rd Rd end.

Bam Bam

I finally remembered to look last night - I think it's called Nak Wan or something like.

The 6 TVs showing every sports channel you can get are gone and they've taken out the seating in the middle and crammed a pool table inside - can't imagine there's enough space where the centre pillar is.

The reduced seating space didn't matter though because there weren't any customers.

It looks to be Thai owned now - as before lol, but now no farang to pull customers.

Rin's bar is certainly history.